@flip4life4751- Here are my settings for font.
    abass likes this.
    12-15-11 02:07 AM
    BTW

CheetahAce, you are the best app developer ever, thanks for everything, we all appreciate what you are doing right now. I know tons of devs that just don't care once you get their app. I will support you forever :P (cant live w/o QL ofc) <3
    andino likes this.
    12-15-11 02:12 AM
    idk. your fonts look bigger than his. if the font is too big the os will shrink the text
    12-15-11 02:13 AM
    Yeah mine does look larger. Not sure why my QL options are smaller though
    12-15-11 02:15 AM
    idk. your fonts look bigger than his. if the font is too big the os will shrink the text
    Yeah, he has condensed whereas I had regular which was a huge reason as to why mine was cut off. It should be fixed now, sorry, didn't realize it was an OS issue I had and not your app. Appreciate the help though
    12-15-11 02:15 AM
    BTW

CheetahAce, you are the best app developer ever, thanks for everything, we all appreciate what you are doing right now. I know tons of devs that just don't care once you get their app. I will support you forever :P (cant live w/o QL ofc) <3
    I can't say the same, I am being ignored.
    12-15-11 02:16 AM
    I can't say the same, I am being ignored.
    You are being ignored because he has to fix the hosting issues before it can tell the system in App World that you indeed purchased it. App world checks with his database to make sure etc. Stuff is screwed up until that is fixed. He probably can't help you until he gets hosting back up :/

EDIT @ n4rd: And if that's not the reasoning (not positive if it needs to check with his database or not) but if it doesn't and app world is just screwed up, then go to support at blackberry.com and send them a query. They will just want your name, pin, and order number (you mentioned that you purchased it yesterday or w.e so u should have that) and they will resolve it in a matter of a few minutes. They are really good about it. They just charged me $4.99 for the upgrade, when it should have been $1.99. I sent in the mail and they got it all figured out in a matter of an hour. Refunded me the entire $4.99 because they said that they charged me more than double so it was their mistake and they would just refund it all (giving me the app for free)
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-15-11 at 02:24 AM.
    n4rd likes this.
    12-15-11 02:18 AM
    and i don't like faces. it will lead to unpleasant results.
    abass and Elite1 like this.
    12-15-11 02:21 AM
    ^^ lol epic
    12-15-11 02:21 AM
    You are being ignored because he has to fix the hosting issues before it can tell the system in App World that you indeed purchased it. App world checks with his database to make sure etc. Stuff is screwed up until that is fixed. He probably can't help you until he gets hosting back up :/

EDIT @ n4rd: And if that's not the reasoning (not positive if it needs to check with his database or not) but if it doesn't and app world is just screwed up, then go to support at blackberry.com and send them a query. They will just want your name, pin, and order number (you mentioned that you purchased it yesterday or w.e so u should have that) and they will resolve it in a matter of a few minutes. They are really good about it. They just charged me $4.99 for the upgrade, when it should have been $1.99. I sent in the mail and they got it all figured out in a matter of an hour. Refunded me the entire $4.99 because they said that they charged me more than double so it was their mistake and they would just refund it all (giving me the app for free)
    They charged you more than double? wow.
    12-15-11 02:27 AM
    oh haha. ok. i get it.
    Minarets likes this.
    12-15-11 02:28 AM
    They charged you more than double? wow.
    Yeah, big screw up by them, but they fixed it within an hour or so... I'm assuming that you will still get the money for the App and the refund is just coming out of their pocket. Idk, never had a case where the completely refunded me before :P not complaining tho, just as long as you still get money from me to support you
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-15-11 at 02:32 AM.
    12-15-11 02:30 AM
    maybe. maybe not. app world has issues where whenever there is a payment problem the devs dont get credit for that purchase. lots of angry threads about it in app world dev forums. oh well. at least it's just bugs and not outright theft like mobihand
    12-15-11 02:33 AM
    maybe. maybe not. app world has issues where whenever there is a payment problem the devs dont get credit for that purchase. lots of angry threads about it in app world dev forums. oh well. at least it's just bugs and not outright theft like mobihand
    I sure hope you get the money for that, I would feel really bad. I mean its only $2 but ****, that would really add up. Must have happened to many more people than just me (assuming that they bought it within the first hour or so of it's release)
    12-15-11 02:36 AM
    Ok... the secure api issue is a confirmed os .261 / .240 bug regarding universal search. this took me 17 hours to figure out with beta tester help.
    RIM fixed this issue in .540 so what i'll probably do is update app world tomorrow with a bug fix version and in the update email i'll say something like
    "QL4 isnt compatible with .261 and .540 fixes it and if you don't want to load .540 then email me and i will send a universal search-less version."
    decoy72 likes this.
    12-15-11 02:41 AM
    I sure hope you get the money for that, I would feel really bad. I mean its only $2 but ****, that would really add up. Must have happened to many more people than just me (assuming that they bought it within the first hour or so of it's release)
    yea happens a lot. some devs get ripped a couple thousand a month for that.
    12-15-11 02:42 AM
    yea happens a lot. some devs get ripped a couple thousand a month for that.
    Jesus.. That's really screwed up.. Now I'm starting to not like App World :/ I started hating mobihand a while ago :/
    12-15-11 02:45 AM
    I have a problem..... My activation code has randomly stopped working. It went in fine, activated and QL was working. Five minutes later it asked for my activation code again and is now saying "Invalid License"..... Please help!
    12-15-11 02:50 AM
    I have a problem..... My activation code has randomly stopped working. It went in fine, activated and QL was working. Five minutes later it asked for my activation code again and is now saying "Invalid License"..... Please help!
    It has happened to everyone, the hosting which his database is stored on is down, they are working to fix it promptly, should be up somewhat soon and fixed.
    BBFTW88 and will1881 like this.
    12-15-11 02:59 AM
    It has happened to everyone, the hosting which his database is stored on is down, they are working to fix it promptly, should be up somewhat soon and fixed.
    Ahhhhh I see.... Thanks!!
    12-15-11 03:00 AM
    I think I would have enjoyed this more if i made a crappy app and offered no support
    remmy00 likes this.
    12-15-11 03:00 AM
    I think I would have enjoyed this more if i made a crappy app and offered no support
    Ohh stopppp! You are famous in the BB community! Noone [serious] has a BB without QL... You are our God.. Live with it [;
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-15-11 at 03:12 AM.
    12-15-11 03:10 AM
    yea. sorry. it's actually pretty cool and lots of fun and i get to be creative. i like it. not gona quit. just difficult sometimes. like today. app world issues, mobi stealing from me, host goes down, bugs in os 261, bugs in ql. blah
    12-15-11 03:21 AM
    If RIM will tell you that they will buy your app or your company and offer you a stable job (remote worker status), for $1.5million, would you take it?

PS: I'm getting an error on my 9900 saying it's trying to access a secure API. All permissions have been granted.
    12-15-11 03:22 AM
    if remote worker status then yes.
    12-15-11 03:27 AM
662 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD