QuickLaunch Version 4 is now available for OS7 Devices

QL 4.0 will only be available at App World. If you've purchased previously at mobihand/crackberry stores and you want QL4 you must get it from App World. The price will be $1.99 for a very short time so get it now if your are considering purchasing.

New Features in QL 4.0:

Universal Search Integration
    You can now add any QL item to the Universal Search Engine. (see screenshots below)
    When you add items to QuickLaunch and select the option to add to universal search that item will appear if you type a string of characters from the QL item on the homescreen. For example if you've added "Call Nikki" and "Email NikkiSoft" to QL and you type 'nik' in universal search the associated QL Items will appear and you can launch them immediately without opening QuickLaunch. Very handy for devices w/ one convenience key.

When adding an item you can choose from the following:
    Add to QL - item will appear on in the QL menu
    Add to Universal Search - item will not appear in QL but will be available in Universal Search
    Add to QL and Universal Search - item will appear in QL and Universal Search

There is also a button in the options screen where when clicked will displayed all the items you've added to universal search and you can delete them from there.

Mobile Hotspot Toggle
    If you have OS 7.1 you can quickly turn your hotspot on or off

Larger Font Added
    Added a new font size, 'Largest'. Should be big enough for those who need a larger font. (see screenshots)

~Shake Launch�~
    You can now configure an app, shortcut, function or any other QL item to launch by shaking your phone.
    When adding an item to QL check the 'Set as Shake Launch Item' option. In addition you must enable 'Shake Detection' in QL Options. If you are not using Shake Launch� then set disable the shake detection option.

To use Shake Launch� just open QL and shake!

NFC Toggle
    Toggle your NFC communication on/off

Display Battery Status on QL Titlebar
    Displays the current battery power percentage. (see screenshots)
    Battery % will be displayed in Green, Orange, Red depending on status. If you have weather displayed on the titlebar the battery will be displayed next to weather. If no weather then it is displayed on the top line.

Alarm and Stopwatch Shortcuts Added

BB File Picker Integration
    QL is now integrated with the standard bb file picker app to choose files, images, directories when configuring.

Visual Voice Mail Shortcut
    Quick access to the vvm app.

Lock Device Shortcut
    You must have your device password protected for this feature to work

Menu Animation Options
    You can now configure QL to open with animations. Choose from 'Zoom' and 'Fade'.
    Looks cool.

Alarm Toggle
    Toggle the alarm on or off

Center Menu Location Option Added
    Now you can place QL in the Center, Left or Right on the screen!
    Finally.

Change Sounds and Alerts Shortcut
    Quick access to the 'change sounds and alerts' screen in Sound Profiles

Mobile Connections All On / Off Toggle
    Quickly Turn on/off all mobile connections

Current Shortcuts button added to options screen
    In addition to the shortcuts button displayed when you add items a 'Shortcuts' button was added to QL Options. (see screenshots)

Bridge App Shortcut and Bridge Toggle
    You can now launch the Bridge app as well as toggle it on and off

Time, Notifications, Battery and Signal strength
    ...are now shown in the titlebar in all QL screens. (see screenshots)

Redesigned Options screen
    Slight modifications to the look of the options screen. Looks better. Works better.

Homescreen Wallpaper Cycler
    QuickLaunch can now be configured to automatically cycle your homescreen wallpaper. Choose the directory on your device for your wallpaper images, and enable the option and you're good to go.
    The QL Wallpaper Changer does NOT run in the background. It's magic.

More Apps appear in Add Items
    Some apps that didnt appear in the list now show up. I forgot which ones. sorry.

Bug Fixes
    Lots of issues, most of which were due to OS7 were addressed. Among them scheduled reboot, launching some items, toggles, screen capture, and a lot more. I didn't keep a detailed list of bug fixes over the last few months

Improved Performance
    A lot of rework was done on the code making QL faster and smoother. Those of you who use QL a lot should notice better performance. Also the file size of version 4 is just about the same as version 3 (just a little bit larger) which is a pretty good feat of engineering even if I do say so myself given all the new features v4 has included. QL is still very small and noninvasive
    The Best keeps getting better.

Screenshots - click to enlarge

Known Issues:
    * not compatible with the following os's .261, .241. - fix coming soon will
    * issues with enable shake option not showing up first time
    * text alignment bug
    * crashing when clicking on folder w/ shake detection on
    If you have an issue contact nikkisoft support using the support page contact form on nikkisoft.com

Price:
    New customers: $1.99 (for a very limited time. afterwhich the price will go to $2.99 and then return to $4.99)
    Current QL owners who purchased on App World: $1.99
    Mobihand customers who have to buy from App World: $1.99

QuickLaunch is not available on Mobihand and will never be available on Mobihand again. Ever. If you've paid for quicklaunch or a quicklaunch update within the last month or so from mobihand contact mobihand support and ask for a refund.
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Suggested Reading:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bihand-669607/
    Mobihand Doesn't Pay Developers
    http://forums.crackberry.com/theme-d...ayment-668639/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kberry-669516/

"Thank you!" from Nikki

Updates:
    * 12/19 QL 4.1 beta Released. Go here for info: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6954017

* 12/17 - An update to QL 4.0 will be submitted to App World on Monday. It should appear on aw a day to 2 after that.
    The update has bug fixes, instructions and 1 new feature and an as yet to be determined method to obtain a Universal Search-less QL.

* 12/14 - You might have to delete and re-add some of your 'toggle' shortcuts. They were redesigned for 4.0 so they might not work with your previous list entry.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 12-20-11 at 12:28 AM.
    tryfe, Umedon, bushido5 and 4 others like this.
    12-14-11 01:19 PM
    After I downloaded and install QL 4.0 I got this error reading

Error starting QuickLaunch: Module 'QuickLaunch-2' attempts to access a secure API.

Tried reinstall and set application permission many times and even battery pull but to no avail. Please advise how to fix this problem.
    12-14-11 01:28 PM
    The only issue I have so far is that Fixmo still will not launch.

Shake launch and wallpaper cycler work great.

Edit: I have not tried shake launch with submenus...
    12-14-11 01:42 PM
    Hey I asked this on twitter also, what about OS 6 users? Can we also buy QL 4?
    12-14-11 01:44 PM
    I don't want a thank you from Nikki, can I have a paw stamp of approval?

off to buy from appworld

appworld says 1.99, when I go to purchase its says 4.99
    Last edited by blueyestm; 12-14-11 at 01:47 PM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-14-11 01:45 PM
    app world informs me that the price update takes time to get to all app world servers because its slow to sync with the Bango payment system.
    12-14-11 02:06 PM
    I don't want a thank you from Nikki, can I have a paw stamp of approval?

off to buy from appworld

appworld says 1.99, when I go to purchase its says 4.99
    Yep, it is stating a $4.99 purchase price at the ["Purchase" "Cancel"] screen. On the initial App World screen, it says $1.99.

Edit: Looks like CheetahAce is on it. I'll wait till later today.
    12-14-11 02:10 PM
    This is from App World support:

"As for the $4.99, this is the sync we do nightly with DR/Bango – so depending on when you changed it, it may take until tonight until the actual price is $4.99.

Technical Manager - BlackBerry App World Operations"
    12-14-11 02:16 PM
    I did the same... listed as $1.99... showed $4.99 at check-out. I accidently hit buy instead of cancel. Whoops! Oh well. I sent an email to AW to see if they'll fix it for me.

***Edit: AW sent a reply back and took care of the billing issue for me.
    Last edited by dustanh; 12-14-11 at 03:36 PM.
    12-14-11 02:18 PM
    ok. good luck. probably they will.
    12-14-11 02:28 PM
    anyone that has the module 2 error email me if they want to help. thanks
    12-14-11 03:02 PM
    Quick question about QL and OS 7. Can the camera be muted like on previous versions, or is this blocked by the OS?
    12-14-11 03:25 PM
    Cheetah! Wow!! I can't wait to get my hands on this update! I'm just as disappointed as you about the mobihand issue but I'm glad you are giving your loyal fans a VERY reasonable price to move over to App World. I hope other developers follow your example. Keep up the good work man!
    ridesno159 and Elite1 like this.
    12-14-11 03:27 PM
    The "Known Issues" part just made me burst out laughing on the bus... Didn't get too many stares... I hope...

LOVE the new features and such, especially the Universal Search stuff, the shake seems like fun too. It's still showing $4.99 for me when I check out, so I'll just keep checking it.

2 bucks seems like a steal for upgrading my most used app, that will get even more used now...
    12-14-11 03:31 PM
    Yes I agree... the "Known Issues" part is awesome. Especially the bold F U.
    12-14-11 03:56 PM
    With  9900/7.0.0.540 QL4.0 freeze if you toggle Bluetooth on/off. Please have a look :-)

Thanks!
    Birger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-11 04:06 PM
    With  9900/7.0.0.540 QL4.0 freeze if you toggle Bluetooth on/off. Please have a look :-)

Thanks!
    Birger

Mine works... did you set the right parameter? I'm sure the 9900 is the same as 9930. Parameter should be 3.
    12-14-11 04:12 PM

Thanks!
    Birger

do the permissions deny/allow thing
    12-14-11 04:19 PM
    CheetahAce,
    QL 4.0 installed without a hitch, but I have a 7.1 leak on my 9810 and the hotspot toggle doesn't work. It goes to the connections screen but doesn't do anything, and a greyed out QL icon is in the App switcher.

Nevermind, I found where to enter the parameters and now it works perfectly.

Last edited by project_x; 12-14-11 at 06:46 PM.
    12-14-11 06:38 PM
    Hey Cheetah, I've been unable to get the $2 update price - is it cuz I'm on OS6?
    12-14-11 06:55 PM
    Hey Cheetah, I've been unable to get the $2 update price - is it cuz I'm on OS6?
    Read back a few posts. App world issue.
    12-14-11 07:15 PM
    I have the Bold 9930 with one convenience key. What is the best way to use QL and Vlingo in this limited (i.e., one convenience key) setup?
    12-14-11 07:32 PM
    You can set spacebar to launch QuickLaunch, it is a setting within the application.
    12-14-11 07:48 PM
    After I downloaded and install QL 4.0 I got this error reading

Error starting QuickLaunch: Module 'QuickLaunch-2' attempts to access a secure API.

Tried reinstall and set application permission many times and even battery pull but to no avail. Please advise how to fix this problem.
    Managed to fix it myself by upgrading OS to .540, was using .261 and couldn't get it to work. Hope this info can help other users.
    12-14-11 08:11 PM
    yes this secure api thing seems to be only happening to people with os 261
    12-14-11 08:26 PM
662 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD