QuickLaunch 3.0 for the Torch 9800 is now available!

Very Important! READ THIS FIRST!!!

* If purchasing QL for the first time make sure you select the correct version that matches your device and OS for download.

* If you are switching from a different device in the manner described below make sure you specify the correct version.

* If you are upgrading make sure you download the correct version depending on your OS.

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW AFTER INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the 9800 and you wish to load the 9800 version on your Torch and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page and do a 'device switch or version swap'. If you have problems switching device types contact mobihand support here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

New Features in 3.0:

Alternate Launch Methods
    Some apps were not able to be launched previously. These new options (available when adding a 3rd party app) should allow some of these apps to be launched now.

Border Size option
    You can now specify the border size of the menu to be the default size or 'Minimum' which is a thin border around the menu. (see screenshots below)

Background Color
    In addition to being able to set images for the menu background you can now specify a color. (see screenshots below)

Background Transparency
    Set the transparency level of the menu background when a color is specified. Using a background image will override this setting. (see screenshots below)

Opera Mini Support
    Option to launch websites using the Opera Mini browser (note: this feature only works if opera mini was started using this function or launched from QL originally. Starting opera mini by using it's icon will cause this feature to not work)
    Bolt browser support coming in a future update.

Screen Capture in System Menu
    Option to put the screen capture function in the system menu

Scheduled Reboot
    In addition to the reboot on demand feature you can now set a specific time of day to automatically reboot your device

Bedside Mode Shortcut

Options Subpage Shortcut
    Ability to set a shortcut to any page in the BB Options menu such as 'Themes' or 'Mobile Network'

'Larger' Font Option
    Added a new font size -'Larger'. Easier to read and select menu items (see screenshots below)

CrunchSMS Support
    Added support for the CrunchSMS app. You can now send an sms using the crunchSMS app instead of the native bb sms app

Support for Pandora, Slacker, Lister, iHeartRadio
    ... using the alternate launch methods (iHeartRadio has been reported to not launch on some hybrid OS's)

Password Toggle Shortcut
    Toggle your device password setting on or off

Phone Shortcut
    a lot of people asked for this so there it is

Menu Width Option
    Added 'Expandable' option which will allow the menu width to widen to accommodate the length of the largest menu item in the list. (see screenshots below)

Max Menu Item Text Length increased
    ... to 32 characters

Email Subject Header Option
    Option to add a subject header when adding an email address to QuickLaunch

Activation Code Support service at NikkiSoft.com
    QL 3.0 Users can now Retrieve their activation code or Request a new code after changing their device. This service is available on the 'Support' page on nikkisoft.com.

QuickLaunch Function Button Added
    There is a new button on the 'Add Items' screen - "QuickLaunch Function". This contains all the functions proprietary to QuickLaunch such as 'Bluetooth Toggle', 'Flashlight', 'Websearch', 'StayLit' etc.
    This should eliminate all the 'WTH?? MY QUICKLAUNCH DOESN'T HAVE DEVICE INFO!!! I DEMAND A REFUND RIGHT NOW!!" emails I get. maybe. we'll see.
    3rd party apps will now appear under 'Applications'.

New Icon Design
    courtesy of WJDDesigns

Check For Update Function
    The return of Check for Update feature. This should work for everyone now. QuickLaunch can now be updated directly from within the app without the need to go to your crackberry/mobihand/App World account.

To see the many other features of QuickLaunch go here: QuickLaunch Feature List

See more screenshots here...

QuickLaunch A to Z Review Video here:

QuickLaunch Demo Video here:

Crackberry Idol QuickLaunch Review Video here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased after January 31st, 2010: Free
    Current owners who've purchased on or before January 31st, 2010: $1.99 at NikkiSoft/Mobihand/Crackberry
    New Customers: $4.99

QuickLaunch 3.0 is not yet available on App World.
    It has been submitted for approval.

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    08-23-10 11:11 PM
    The Lock Tilt is not permanent? It gets unlocked every device reset or reboot? Also, I dont see the Camera Mute option.
    08-23-10 11:45 PM
    Wow now I'm really sad that the torch hasn't come to rogers yet. not only is my bold 9000 broken, now QL3 is available for it. Quicklaunch is the best app I have ever used. It easily earns its convenience key. I will defiantly be purchasing this when I get a torch
    08-23-10 11:52 PM
    I just downloaded it to my Torch and have just started looking at it. I will be back soon with feedback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 11:55 PM
    The Lock Tilt is not permanent? It gets unlocked every device reset or reboot? Also, I dont see the Camera Mute option.
    yes and yes.
    08-24-10 12:01 AM
    Its about time. I love this app.

08-24-10 12:12 AM
    I found an issue where when at the bottom with checking for updates or backup/restore highlighted, there is no way to go back up to the other options without going all the way out via ESC and coming back into QL Options. Even then you have to scroll via the TS or you will wind up at the bottom again if using the trakpad.

08-24-10 12:15 AM
    I downloaded the version for the Torch. Set all permissions to "Allow". Entered the registration code. Rebooted my Torch. Launched it. Added a few items. When QL starts, it causes the Torch homescreen to go blank for a split second. I exited out and it does not launch anymore. Did I miss a step?

08-24-10 12:19 AM
    no. dont know what that is. maybe a bug
    08-24-10 12:23 AM
    I just updated....great product as always!!

I am getting the white screen too. I am going to restart and see what happens.

Last edited by optimo; 08-24-10 at 12:32 AM.
    08-24-10 12:28 AM
    I rebooted again. QL menu comes up with items previously added. It still causes my Home Screen to white out momentarily before launching the selected item.

08-24-10 12:29 AM
    BlueTooth Toggle : Some bugs:

1. When I click to deactivate BlueTooth, it disables my Network signal instead.
    2. The Toggle On seems to be hit-and-miss. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't.

I have set all Permissions to Allow.
    08-24-10 12:34 AM
    what does your manage connections screen look like? post a pic if you can.
    08-24-10 12:37 AM
    what does your manage connections screen look like? post a pic if you can.
    See attached. Just tried. Same issue with the Bluetooth toggle. It disable my Network connection.
    08-24-10 12:42 AM
    cool if only i had a torch
    08-24-10 12:43 AM
    See attached. Just tried. Same issue with the Bluetooth toggle. It disable my Network connection.
    hmm.. looks the same as all other devices i've seen.
    try setting permissions to deny then allow as detailed in first post
    08-24-10 12:47 AM
    I set some of the QL options such as date and time. Selected save. The options did not save. Had to reboot. When I rebooted, there was an Uncaught Java Exception error that now occurs. I had make the options changes again.

08-24-10 12:48 AM
    do a ql backup then a ql restore
    08-24-10 12:51 AM
    anyway, i'm going to bed soon.
    email me any bugs and issues at nikkisoft
    dot support at
    g mail.
    08-24-10 12:52 AM
    I rebooted. No Java error. Menu transparency feature does not work. Launch menu appears with screen whiteout within another app but still does this on the Homescreen. Going to bed as well.

08-24-10 12:58 AM
    I rebooted. No Java error. Menu transparency feature does not work. Launch menu appears with screen whiteout within another app but still does this on the Homescreen. Going to bed as well.

Yep I have rebotted and am having the same issue.

08-24-10 01:00 AM
    hmm.. looks the same as all other devices i've seen.
    try setting permissions to deny then allow as detailed in first post
    Followed your instructions and the issue seems to be gone. Thanks.
    08-24-10 01:03 AM
    transparency only works if color is not set to 'default'
    08-24-10 01:03 AM
    The "Reboot Device" is not a one-step action. There are 2 more steps before the device actually reboots and another step to confirm after the device restart. Is there any way to make it a "one-step" action for the device to boot and then no action required upon start-up?
    08-24-10 01:25 AM
    One more thing on the Bedside mode ... it's no big deal but just to mention it ... when Bedside mode is selected, the screen goes completely white for 2 seconds before it goes to Bedside mode.
    08-24-10 01:27 AM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD