Storm has been updated to 3.3
    New in this update:
    * sched reboot fixes
    * opera mini fix
    * keyboard popup option to allow for keyboard shortcuts. (works best with full keyboard - not reduced) - you can set keyboard shortcuts now when adding items. this was a feature included in torch version so i thought some storm owners might like it.
    * changed High: Low: to Hi: Lo: to accomodate 3 digit temperatures in Fahrenheit
    * added dd.mm.yyyy format
    * allow local file urls to be launched from browser
    * bug fixes
    * faster startup of menu
    * added media home shortcut
    * added open pictures folder button to screenshot popup

This update should appear on App World tomorrow
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 09-01-10 at 09:30 PM.
    09-01-10 09:27 PM
    Hey Cheetah,

Since this upgrade, the "background color transparency" feature no longer works for me. Worked fine before update. Any suggestions?

Storm2 9550
    OS 5.0.0.713
    09-02-10 07:47 AM
    Hey Cheetah,

Since this upgrade, the "background color transparency" feature no longer works for me. Worked fine before update. Any suggestions?

Storm2 9550
    OS 5.0.0.713
    shinbone........in QL options change the background color from default to black and it should work
    09-02-10 08:36 AM
    shinbone........in QL options change the background color from default to black and it should work
    Thanks . . that worked.

Shouldn't this work with the "default" setting or is it by design that background color needs to be changed for transparency feature to work? BTW, I LOVE Quicklaunch . . a definite "must-have" app for BB
    Last edited by shinbone; 09-02-10 at 11:04 AM.
    09-02-10 09:15 AM
    Transparency is disabled with default color. Default color uses theme settings.
    Change to black to get the effect you want.
    09-02-10 12:43 PM
    Any Storm OS 4.7 QuickLaunch owners here?
    I have a question, in Add-Items->Application does Media-Pictures, Media-Videos show up in the list or is it just Media?
    Let me know.
    thanks
    Media-Pictures and Media-Videos are included in the list of applications on the OS 4.7 version.
    09-02-10 02:44 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    09-02-10 04:06 PM
    CheetahAce,

I don't mean to be a nuisance, but is it safe to assume the Curve series is next for the upgrade? If so, is there any kind of timetable for that release? If there isn't, it's entirely understandable.
    09-02-10 04:30 PM
    I downloaded the update @ appworld,but now i can't use the quick launch anymore because the licensekey is disabled ?

Complaints about a device pin change, but i still own the same device !
    Paying for a update is something i don't like either, but quick launch is a good program, so i make a exception.

But this activation code error, come on.
    09-03-10 05:14 AM
    So App World finally notified me about QuickLaunch 3.1
    I go to try to upgrade it, and it wants to charge me 1.99
    I don't mind paying for it, since QuickLaunch is a great program, but I was just curious, because this contradicts what was said in your first posting

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased after January 31st, 2010: Free
    Current owners who've purchased on or before January 31st, 2010: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99
    I purchased QuickLaunch v2.21 in August 2010
    09-03-10 11:29 AM
    So App World finally notified me about QuickLaunch 3.1
    I go to try to upgrade it, and it wants to charge me 1.99
    I don't mind paying for it, since QuickLaunch is a great program, but I was just curious, because this contradicts what was said in your first posting

I purchased QuickLaunch v2.21 in August 2010
    previously addressed here among other places:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/qui...es#post5448622
    09-03-10 11:41 AM
    Hmm, just read that topic.
    Guess there's no way around it.
    And I don't really feel it's quite necessary to bother NikkiSoft over $1.99, though I still feel this is mini extortion by App World, haha.

On another note, what if I uninstalled QL from my phone completely, then purchased the 3.x version from Mobihand, would that be wise even though I'll be spending another 4.99?
    I'm thinking about this because I know I would not want to pay another 1.99 if say.. version 3.5 or 4.0 came out.. hahaha.
    Is my logic correct or am I crazy here?
    09-03-10 01:48 PM
    you should have done that yesterday. mobi had a 50% sale.
    email nikkisoft support
    09-03-10 02:26 PM
    Just sent NikkiSoft support an email.
    Any solutions would be greatly appreciated ^^
    09-03-10 03:19 PM
    Please relpy to my mail, still can't use the program... it was send by [email protected].
    Last edited by KrAaY; 09-04-10 at 05:31 PM.
    09-04-10 02:02 PM
    Is it possible to have "Bedside Mode" actually start it instead of just showing the clock and then having to go into Options to start it? I just started using Bedside and noticed this doesn't work as good as it could. Thanks!
    09-05-10 05:57 AM
    Is it possible to have "Bedside Mode" actually start it instead of just showing the clock and then having to go into Options to start it? I just started using Bedside and noticed this doesn't work as good as it could. Thanks!
    no
    +10 char
    09-05-10 06:37 PM
    CheetahAce u are from nikkisoft?

Would someone please give a reaction to my posts and email, i bought the full program and the update...but as described above, i cannot use it due to this validation code error. Which i already had but suddenly its not valid anymore due the update to 3.0
    09-05-10 11:18 PM
    UPDATE:CheetahAce responded SUPER PROMPTLY to my email and fixed the problem. This guy's customer service is top notch. From the sounds of it, doesn't sound like NikkiSoft is a huge multimillion dollar enterprise with tech people watching emails around the clock. Quick responses and solutions like the one I got sure make it feel like it though.

Bravo sir. Hats off for another great product. And for the nay sayers out there, you are simply unappeasable.

I sure wish I read this thread before I followed the link in my App World that I'd been staring at for months. I didn't do the upgrade until tonight when I felt I really wanted to see what the new version had to offer. Well, thanks to App World and three deletes, re-installs, about 8 battery pulls, and a bunch of swear words, I guess I won't see the changes yet either. I'm getting the "Purchase Error" eventhough I got the emails that PayPal paid the vendor. I know CheetahAce is a busy man. I will try and be patient.
    Last edited by Ponderous; 10-05-10 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Vendor fixed my issue
    10-05-10 09:46 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD