08-30-09 05:31 PM
26 12
tools
    I have Quicklaunch 2 and when I first got it the temperature display worked fine. Now after updating it the temperatures no longer display. I get a blank line where they should be it the feature is enabled, but nothing is there. If I disable the temperature feature the blank line goes away. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicklaunch (including pulling the battery in between uninstall and reinstall) and nothing works to get the temperature to display again. Anyone else have this problem that figured out how to fix it?
    07-15-09 06:28 AM
    It doesn't work for me either. (on my curve or my wife's pearl) I mentioned it in another thread and the designer told me to email support (which I did). I haven't got a response back yet. Maybe I emailed the wrong address? Hopefully he is just working on the fix and hasn't had a chance to reply back yet.
    07-15-09 07:16 AM
    I emailed hom today at nikkisoft.support@gmail.com and I got the impression from him that this was the first time he had heard of this this problem. He wasn't able to help me and after exchanging quite a few emails he stopped responding. He doesn't consider it a "bug" as he claims if a bug he should receive more emails about it. Did you use his correct email. Everyone with this problem should email him so he considers it a real problem worth fixing.

It doesn't work for me either. (on my curve or my wife's pearl) I mentioned it in another thread and the designer told me to email support (which I did). I haven't got a response back yet. Maybe I emailed the wrong address? Hopefully he is just working on the fix and hasn't had a chance to reply back yet.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 07:22 AM
    I first emailed cheetahace@nikkisoft.com and it bounced, then I emailed nikkisoft.support@gmail.com. I just checked my spam to make sure a return response wasn't blocked and nothing was in there. Oh well, I guess the temp won't work in this version. I'm not going to worry the guy to death about it. I mentioned it in another thread, so he knows about it and maybe he'll fix it. If not, it won't work then. Great app anyway.
    07-15-09 07:35 AM
    When I got the original QL my temp didn't work no matter how I configured it. I sent a PM to the developer through Crackberry and got no response. I thought that this release would fix the problem but I was in error. Don't get me wrong, I do like this app and the temp issue is not important enough for me to trash it.
    07-15-09 08:47 AM
    Just wanted to update this thread.....

I've been in contact with the developer for the last few days and he has come up with a fix (beta perhaps) that I installed yesterday. Works like a charm now.
    07-22-09 07:27 PM
    I emailed the developer and he refused to give it to me. Wanted to know how I heard about a fix. I said that didn't matter and I just wanted a link for the download to fix the problem. Before when I emailed him he claimed I was the only person with this problem. I know that is not true because I found several threads on this problem BEFORE I contacted the developer. He was acting very immature and juvenile, in my opinion. Guess I will just wait for a new release to come out.
    07-23-09 03:05 AM
    I would like to get this version as well. What email did you actually contact him on? I still have not gotten a response from him about this problem. I purchased 2 copies of this (2 different phones) and don't understand why you buy a product and don't get a reply the developer when you have a problem. Not very professional if you ask me.
    07-23-09 07:39 AM
    The email address is given to you when you log into Mobihand for app support. It is also above in another post in this thread. The developer's email is "nikkisoft.support@gmail.com".
    07-23-09 10:27 AM
    That post above is mine. I have tried those 2 emails as well as using the submission form on the site. Anyway, screw it, people should just know that if they purchase this app, it comes as it and if there are problems, then they may or may not be fixed. The app comes As Is. I won't purchase it again.
    07-23-09 10:35 AM
    I just got a reply from the maker and was told there will be an update this weekend that should fix the problem.
    07-23-09 05:04 PM
    I just got a reply from the maker and was told there will be an update this weekend that should fix the problem.
    Weekend is over. No update was posted.

07-28-09 12:35 AM
    Still no update for the weather problem almost one month later. I emailed the developer and he ignores the emails.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-30-09 at 10:29 AM. Reason: removed personal attack and profanity
    08-25-09 11:28 AM
    I'm using version 2.10, and the weather has always displayed fine.
    08-25-09 02:14 PM
    jackbox- I'm with you, I will never pay for this product again myself, i will use it until it doesn't work anymore and then move on to something else. It's even more insulting that he has upgraded the Tour version to 2.11. If you are going to charge money for software, then you are a business, so act like a business and support the product and don't hang customers out to dry.

MrWheelMan - I wonder if yours works because you have an M version of the Curve, mine isn't an M and the weather has never worked since I purchased it, on my Curve or my wife's Pearl.
    08-25-09 02:33 PM
    yea and i also updated the storm and the bold. that's the way it works. i update one device at time. each device takes time to develop. do some research before you spew. next to be update is the 8900 so you'll have to wait until that's released before i start on the 83xx. trolls
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 08-30-09 at 03:12 AM.
    08-30-09 03:09 AM
    and if you had a problem with the weather why dont' you email me at support like everyone else does? i answer all emails and i dont lose any. nothing at all has changed regarding the weather with QL. nothing at all. a simple email to support would have taken care of it most likely. probably a setting on your device is off.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 08-30-09 at 03:23 AM.
    08-30-09 03:11 AM
    As a matter of fact I did email support/you and here is the email:

My email to you:

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 4:43 AM
    I purchased 2 copies Quicklaunch 2.9 for my Curve 8330 and a Pearl 8130. I temperture is not displaying at the top of the menu. Is there a fix for the problem? And if there is, is there an update available for download?

Your response:

the fix in this weekend's release should help you.

So by my calculations there should have been an update for the 8330 on the weekend of July 25th, which YOU told should have been available. I am going by the emails YOU sent after I emailed support. I can't help that I and others are annoyed that there has been no update that YOU said would be available. And by the way I try not to "SPEW" before I read the forums to and see if I can find an answer to stuff. You might want to try and treat your customers with a little respect, since they are the one's paying money for your software and quit acting like a spoiled brat and trying to place the blame on us when we did exactly what you told us to do. We paid the money and expected a upgrade, it's that simple! Act like a business person if you are going to take people's money. I hope everyone will read this thread and see how you call your customer's trolls when we follow the procedure set up by you.
    08-30-09 12:10 PM
    Updates come out when they come out. Things get delayed and things come up. QuickLaunch is upgraded more than any other app out there. It's been constantly upgraded since release. It's on version 2.10 already for 83xx. 2.0 was released not long ago. That's 10 updates already! Each with new features and bug fixes! Check the forums. I work on upgrades and support 15 hours a day 7 days a week. If you don't like my upgrade schedule then there's nothing I can do. QuickLaunch gets nothing but praise for the support I give. read the reviews. As I said before 8900 is today and then 83xx.
    08-30-09 01:04 PM
    I just want to say, thanks for the great product. Why should anyone come in a disrespect a person for a phone application? Its a program...not a personal problem. Take the disrepect somewhere else.

On a side note: Are you sure the problem isn't theme related? I know if I change my theme some of my fonts and colors come out funky....its just a quick fix. Gosh.

08-30-09 01:56 PM
    Is quicklaunch a mandatory download for the curve8330m?
    08-30-09 01:56 PM
    No it is not....just another application....of which I love.

08-30-09 01:57 PM
    How much does it cost? How well does it work with the 8330m? Does is lauch with the side button?
    08-30-09 02:01 PM
    Go to the crackberry store and check it out. All of its abilities are listed there.

08-30-09 02:03 PM
    Yes it works with the side button. it's 4.99.
    You;ll be able to get rid of several other apps with QL because of the many number of functions it provides like screencapture, device reset etc. website is in my sig along with the demo vid.
    update coming in 2 days or less more more features.
    08-30-09 02:08 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD