QuickLaunch 2.18 for the 9700 is now available!

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery for 30 seconds.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the 9700 and you wish to load the 9700 version on your phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page at Mobihand.com here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

Fill out the form and have them switch your device type and they will get back to you.

New Features in 2.18:

3 Letter Shortcuts
    You can now assign shortcuts with 1-3 characters.
    For example:
    DI = Device Info
    CNY = Call New York
    BT = Bluetooth Toggle
    etc...

Web Search
    (see images below)
    This is added functionality to the already existing Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary search included in previous versions of QuickLaunch.
    Now with Web Search you can quickly search using the following sites:
    . Google
    . Yahoo
    . Bing
    . Amazon
    . eBay
    . BBC
    . Google News
    . Google Images
    . YouTube
    . iMDb
    . Dictionary
    . Thesaurus
    . Wikipedia.

Web Search will save the previously utilized site for your next search.

note:The previous QuickLaunch searches have been mapped to Web Search

PNG format Screen Capture
    The QuickLaunch screen capture function now saves images in .png format for higher quality images.

Note: If you are still using a zip code for the weather you must re-configure the settings to use a 'Location ID' instead of zip code. Yahoo weather is currently changing the location id's and your city's id may have been changed recently. According to yahoo zip codes are being phased out and eventually only Location ID's will be accepted. So go in to QL Options and read the new instructions for obtaining your Location ID.

Other devices will be updated to 2.18 soon.

Watch the QuickLaunch Demo Video in HD here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st, 2009: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st, 2009 and who do not have version 2.0+: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.18 for the 9700 is not yet available on App World.
    It has been submitted to RIM for inclusion but they have a minimum 1 week approval time.
    However, Current App World QuickLaunch customers can upgrade using the 'Check for Update' function in QL Options.

Go here for the 2.17 release thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ne...ut-key-399679/

Go here for the 2.16 release thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/qu...nching-397163/

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 01-18-10 at 12:19 AM.
    01-17-10 11:34 PM
    Web Search...very cool Erik!
    01-17-10 11:53 PM
    Great app..Love the update. But what is this tilt lock that was listed in the email that informed me of the update. Or was that just a typo??
    01-17-10 11:54 PM
    Tilt lock? That is for the storm only. When did you get that email?
    01-17-10 11:56 PM
    If 4.5/Curve users are left behind while the updates are focused to the 9700, pretty soon some other program will come along and fill the void.
    01-17-10 11:57 PM
    83xx is next. The older devices take more time to develop.
    01-18-10 12:00 AM
    I got it just like 10 minutes ago.
    01-18-10 12:04 AM
    oh that. That's the description of quicklaunch you are seeing.
    Tilt lock is a feature of quicklaunch for the Storm series. It enables you to lock
    the screen orientation when you tilt the phone.
    01-18-10 12:06 AM
    83xx is next. The older devices take more time to develop.
    6 days ago you said 4 days Not feeling the love
    01-18-10 12:52 AM
    Hi, i used QL from ver 2.16.. And i have a question, can we create shortcuts for default folders on our home screen like "Applications", "Games", "Instant Messaging", etc? There is a feature named "Folder Launcher", but i can`t access home screen`s folders from here...
    Thanks...
    01-18-10 01:08 AM
    Hi, great update, but when i 'check for updates' it instantly says 'connection error to sever'
    Whats up with that?

I purchased after 1st april, on the 9700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 01:19 AM
    not sure why the check for update doesn't work on some devices. i've been looking into it but hard to pin down.
    01-18-10 01:22 AM
    Useful addition, but I'm gonna have to say i prefer 2.17.

Right now theres a short lag to 'wait for the 2nd or 3rd key'' to be inputted. In the past, I'll just have to hit Q and the 2nd button and the app would instantly popup.

Is it possible to implement
    either 1) An option to disable the whole double/triple letter shortcut?
    or 2) Have the app check if the letter has been assigned to be a double letter shortcut before waiting for the 2nd key. ie....

Take for eg, I have shortcuts (A), (BC), (BD).
    I want Q-A to be instant, and Q-B to wait for the 2nd letter.

I hope I came clear, and apologies for making a big fuss :P

A really excellent job on the app and updates.
    The previous update's Q as shortcut was an exceptionally great addition! What is a Blackberry without Quicklaunch (Y)
    01-18-10 01:23 AM
    not sure why the check for update doesn't work on some devices. i've been looking into it but hard to pin down.
    Doesn't work for me either, but it's cool. Mobihand has update notifications and its easy to grab the new version off its mobile site as well.
    01-18-10 01:24 AM

Right now theres a short lag to 'wait for the 2nd or 3rd key'' to be inputted. In the past, I'll just have to hit Q and the 2nd button and the app would instantly popup.

or 2) Have the app check if the letter has been assigned to be a double letter shortcut before waiting for the 2nd key. ie....

The previous update's Q as shortcut was an exceptionally great addition! What is a Blackberry without Quicklaunch (Y)

Can you do a QL Backup and email me your QL_Backup.txt file to nikkisoft dot support at g mail?
    01-18-10 02:04 AM
    Can you do a QL Backup and email me your QL_Backup.txt file to nikkisoft dot support at g mail?
    Did that, thanks for the prompt reply!
    01-18-10 02:11 AM
    Thanks. ok. i'll see what i can do however the situation is not as straightforward as you think. Consider the case where you have shortcuts defined as (A) and (AA).

I'll be able to make it faster than it is now but ... well.. we'll see.
    01-18-10 02:57 AM
    Also to your best guess, how long is the delay right now?
    try to be as accurate as possible. If you could tell me in milliseconds
    that would be best. (1000 milliseconds = 1 second)
    Lemme know.
    thanks
    01-18-10 03:06 AM
    Thanks. ok. i'll see what i can do however the situation is not as straightforward as you think. Consider the case where you have shortcuts defined as (A) and (AA).

I'll be able to make it faster than it is now but ... well.. we'll see.
    I see. Am thinking that perhaps can have a look-up array where as long as the key is used to a double shortcut, then the delay would occur. That way if the user decides to define (A), (AA) and (B), he'd expect (A) to have a delay. And yet (B) would not have the delay.
    Also to your best guess, how long is the delay right now?
    try to be as accurate as possible. If you could tell me in milliseconds
    that would be best. (1000 milliseconds = 1 second)
    Lemme know.
    thanks
    Its around 700ms? Previously it was really instantaneousness heh.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to look into it! Appreciate it
    Props to you and the folks at nikkisoft!
    01-18-10 03:16 AM

OMG what winers, I noticed the "lag" if that's what you want to call it. I welcome the change because now I can be more creative with my shortcuts, I can use UPS for UPS Mobile, UT for Ubertwitter...when before I had to just pick one 'U" and think of something for the other. And for the apps that I only use one letter for the "lag" as you say is "BARLEY" noticeable. we're talking milliseconds here.
    01-18-10 07:55 AM
    OMG what winers, I noticed the "lag" if that's what you want to call it. I welcome the change because now I can be more creative with my shortcuts, I can use UPS for UPS Mobile, UT for Ubertwitter...when before I had to just pick one 'U" and think of something for the other. And for the apps that I only use one letter for the "lag" as you say is "BARLEY" noticeable. we're talking milliseconds here.
    Well, if with some tweaks the app can be improved to be more responsive, why not? I'm just raising a suggestion.
    01-18-10 08:11 AM
    Does 2.18 for the 9700 work on the 9000 running 5.0.0.411 or will there be a 2.18 version for 9000 coming out?
    01-18-10 08:53 AM
    Another suggestion would be to have an option to save screen captures in .jpg or .png.

The .png file that QL2.18 now produces cannot be directly uploaded into photobucket, needs to be converted on the PC first.

Maybe the problem may only be on my side, can someone verify?

01-18-10 09:04 AM
    I also get the message "no updates available" when I check for updates from within QL.

I am running QL 2.17 on my BB 9700.
    01-18-10 09:45 AM
    Likewise on the Bold 9000, Using 2.16 and 2.17 the 'check for updates' does not work (OS 5.0.0.411)
    I still want to know if anyone has 2.18 running on their Bold 9000
    01-18-10 10:59 AM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD