I wish I knew this a month ago when I bought QL. Now I'm stuck with AppWorld installed because of this one app.

I'm thinking a repurchase from CB might be worth it. Reliable, up-to-date, etc...
    I emailed the appworld folks about this issue and they said next week the updated QL version will be available for. FREE DOWNLOAD to those who already have purchased QL from them.

I for one was happy to hear this from them as I was a little ticked off....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 07:10 PM
    ^ In the QL Menu>Applications>Folder Launch>Choose Specific folder

Another excellent milestone, QL. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned adding the revolving volume scrolling, but it's exactly what I would have liked... and now it's there!

This app is gold!

Suggestion: Is it possible to add the Orientation Lock to the QL menu as well, so it can be turned on or off at the press of a button?
    This isn't exactly what i was looking for.

If you're at your home screen with all the icons and press the blackberry button, and "add folder" you're able to create a folder and add whatever you want to it. How do i add THIS custom folder to quicklaunch? sorry i don't know how else to explain it lol

thanks in advance!
    06-29-09 07:17 PM
    You can create submenus in quicklaunch. For each folder you created, create a submenu in ql with the same name. Then add all the same apps you have in each folder into the submenus.

Great workaround but a bit of a hassle. Will do this as a last resort.

great idea and thanks for the response!

-AC5
    06-29-09 07:19 PM
    Looks like 2 minor bugs.

First, if you go into the Folder Launch and then select a folder with lots of files (e.g. music files, I have 400+ on my Storm, QL errors out with an uncaught exception error / timeout message.

Second, if you go into the Folder Launch then try to exit there is no way to do so. Press any of the buttons just leaves you at the screeen to choose a folder. Only way to exit is to change Folder Launch to another selection, then escape.
    06-29-09 07:23 PM
    I just noticed QL won't open if Bolt browser is open

06-29-09 07:36 PM
    Looks like 2 minor bugs.

First, if you go into the Folder Launch and then select a folder with lots of files (e.g. music files, I have 400+ on my Storm, QL errors out with an uncaught exception error / timeout message.

Second, if you go into the Folder Launch then try to exit there is no way to do so. Press any of the buttons just leaves you at the screeen to choose a folder. Only way to exit is to change Folder Launch to another selection, then escape.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at these tomorrow. setting up a new pc at them moment. thanks again.
    06-29-09 07:48 PM
    I just noticed that the google search goes to the full version and not the mobile site. Noone has noticed this?

I'll be fixed in the next update which will still be labeled v2.09. I'll post here and emails will be sent.
    06-29-09 08:02 PM
    I just noticed QL won't open if Bolt browser is open

Are you trying with a convenience key? BOLT is one of the apps that won't open ql with a convenience key. Choosing ql from the system menu does open it though.

06-29-09 10:21 PM
    Thanks for the info
    06-29-09 10:31 PM
    Are you trying with a convenience key? BOLT is one of the apps that won't open ql with a convenience key. Choosing ql from the system menu does open it though.

ya, convenience key
    06-29-09 11:36 PM
    I just noticed that the google search goes to the full version and not the mobile site. Noone has noticed this?

I'll be fixed in the next update which will still be labeled v2.09. I'll post here and emails will be sent.
    8900 ver does this too...

06-30-09 01:38 AM
    Eric I am having problems with flickering with .148 OS do you have a fix?
    06-30-09 07:14 AM
    Sorry if this has been covered. First time QL user and I'm wondering why you cannot add lot of programs? For example msn messenger, brickbreaker, aim. I'm running official bell update .122 with the latest version of QL

Any idea on my issue?

06-30-09 07:36 AM
    Help!! I loaded QL (new version) and it freezes every time i try to go to QL options. Then I have to delete and reload the app.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!!
    06-30-09 08:59 AM
    umm how do you upgrade? lol
    06-30-09 09:46 AM
    Fyi screen capture can't be added in 2.09 in the menu. Not sure why...

06-30-09 10:19 AM
    Not in 2.09, but noticed that screen flickers when keyboard is up. It is like QL is trying to put the keyboard down, but can't. after a few seconds keyboard goes down and it stops flickering.
    06-30-09 10:27 AM
    When will 2.09 be pushed to the software store so I can download it?
    06-30-09 10:43 AM
    i downloaded it last night from the CB app store..
    06-30-09 11:03 AM

I have 2.09 and can add screen capture with no problem.

06-30-09 11:15 AM
    The store still says 2.08 but if you download it will download 2.09.

06-30-09 11:16 AM
    i'm having trouble with the tilt lock. i click it, but it never seems to work. even on the homescreen, i rotate, and it rotates to landscape.
    06-30-09 11:47 AM
    as always, great update CheetahAce. tks....
    06-30-09 11:51 AM
    Thanks.
    The version in the software stores keeps saying 2.08.
    I will try now.
    06-30-09 12:06 PM

Fixed the issue, backed up my settings, delete and the redownloaded. Working great now. anyone having issues should try that.
    06-30-09 12:28 PM
248 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD