+1...and I have a looooooot of 3rd party apps on my Storm lol.

I'd love it to hold on Opera Mini, Facebook, UberTwitter and Viigo...and I'd like to win the lottery, and allow me to eat 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's a day without gaining weight
    Whew....thanks. For a minute, I thought I was the only one. Still a great app that will certainly have a permanent place on my Storm.
    06-28-09 07:11 PM
    man quicklaunch keeps getting better and better. i love this app. and i have bought and tried shortcutme and this is alot better.
    06-28-09 09:27 PM
    I just bought QL 2.0.9 and was able to use it for 5 mins. I then assigned it to the right button. I did a reboot and then pressed the right button. Nothing happens! I can't even open the program using the QL app button in the applications list. What do I do???

Just a side note, I've heard of people havnig 20-30mbs of application memory free. The most I've EVER seen on my storm is 7mb and that's IMMEDIATELY following a battery pull. What gives?
    06-28-09 10:00 PM
    CheetahAce

i'm glad you added stoptilt. that feature alone from the other third party developer was not worth $5-10.

your feature set for QL is awesome. keep up the great work.
    06-28-09 10:08 PM
    QuickLaunch is simply the best app for the Storm, period.

But I wonder, CheetahAce, do you have some darker motive behind your obsessive development? You've already made battery pull and screenshot apps obsolete; now you're adding orientation lock, a feature another developer sold as a stand-alone for more than QL with all its features.

Are you just going to put everybody else out of business, then charge $100 for the 3.0 release?
    06-29-09 12:46 AM
    Personally I love it !
    06-29-09 12:47 AM
    Okay, thank you I will try that...
    Better solution to problems with BB Appworld...

Don't buy an app from Crapworld unless it isn't available anywhere else.

If you buy it from the CrackBerry app store, you get better support, the developer answers questions on this forum all the time, and you're giving back to the folks who make this forum possible.

I got rid of the Crapworld memory hog as soon as possible. I recently had to re-download it to get the new version of YouMail, but deleted it immediately afterward.
    06-29-09 12:52 AM
    Just a side note, I've heard of people havnig 20-30mbs of application memory free. The most I've EVER seen on my storm is 7mb and that's IMMEDIATELY following a battery pull. What gives?
    i thought when i rebooted at 20 MB i was bad, but damn 7 is wicked low. You need to first Shink your OS with ShrinkOS or CrackMem before you install it on your phone. Get all the excess crap you don't use off of it. That usually lets me start at round 40MB (i have about 12MB used on apps in app memory according to DM). Shrinking your OS and getting rid of all the extra programs you don't use can save a ton of space. I take off almost everything but bare essentials of what i use.
    06-29-09 03:37 AM
    CheetahAce:

Is there anyway I can get my purchase switched over to mobihand? This is the only app holding me back from deleting App World and I really want to get rid of crAppWorld.
    06-29-09 07:55 AM
    Better solution to problems with BB Appworld...

Don't buy an app from Crapworld unless it isn't available anywhere else.

If you buy it from the CrackBerry app store, you get better support, the developer answers questions on this forum all the time, and you're giving back to the folks who make this forum possible.

I got rid of the Crapworld memory hog as soon as possible. I recently had to re-download it to get the new version of YouMail, but deleted it immediately afterward.
    I wish I knew this a month ago when I bought QL. Now I'm stuck with AppWorld installed because of this one app.

I'm thinking a repurchase from CB might be worth it. Reliable, up-to-date, etc...
    06-29-09 08:53 AM
    I purchased through mobihand but my account still shows 2.08 as the latest?

Is the upgrade out via Mobihand?????
    06-29-09 08:54 AM
    mothy just try to redownload it and see what happens.

This app just keeps getting better and better!
    06-29-09 09:32 AM
    mothy just try to redownload it and see what happens.

This app just keeps getting better and better!
    Thanks that worked ..it downloaded and installed 2.09 eventhough it said it found 2.08

wierd
    06-29-09 09:42 AM
    just to help out (i dont have ql) but u should be able to get it by:

going into dl link > bbmenu > refresh
    I refreshed the link and it's still showing 2.08

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 10:22 AM
    I'm in the same boat as several others here. I naively purchased QL from AppWorld, thinking that it would be the best way to go. QL is the only thing I've purchased from AppWorld; and unless RIM makes some major changes, it will stay that way.

Is there any way for those of us who want to get away from AppWorld to migrate the purchase elsewhere? Or download it separately since we already have an activation code?

If not, Ill probably spend the $5 to buy QL elsewhere just to rid myself of AppWorld. If I do, which is the best? Mobihand? Crackberry?

I don't want to get mired down in another subpar service. Do any of them automatically scan your purchases for updates and notify you when there are new versions?
    06-29-09 10:29 AM
    I'm in the same boat as several others here. I naively purchased QL from AppWorld, thinking that it would be the best way to go. QL is the only thing I've purchased from AppWorld; and unless RIM makes some major changes, it will stay that way.

Is there any way for those of us who want to get away from AppWorld to migrate the purchase elsewhere? Or download it separately since we already have an activation code?

If not, Ill probably spend the $5 to buy QL elsewhere just to rid myself of AppWorld. If I do, which is the best? Mobihand? Crackberry?

I don't want to get mired down in another subpar service. Do any of them automatically scan your purchases for updates and notify you when there are new versions?
    Crackberry's app store uses mobihand so you can go through either.
    06-29-09 10:42 AM
    Upgrading to 2.09 now, was at 2.02, had that screen flickering issue and it wouldn't stop even with the menu option to stop it. Hopefully this one won't do it because I forgot all about this good ol' app.
    06-29-09 10:51 AM
    Downloaded installed, set application permissions to allow, and still the screen flickers even after pressing the option to prevent it and saving, then I tried unclicking the option and saving, and still no luck, any help with the screen flickering issue? I'm running .148
    06-29-09 11:01 AM
    I'm running .148 with no flicker issues. Wonder if each storm has different hardware?

First time using this app and whoa momma it's awesome. If I can just keep remembering to use it, I find myself still going through the motions sometimes to accomplish a certain task.
    06-29-09 11:25 AM
    If I can just keep remembering to use it, I find myself still going through the motions sometimes to accomplish a certain task.
    Same here! As for the flicker now, it only happens when QL is docked to the right, when it's docked to the left I have no problems.

Edit: I figured out the orientation lock, it's in the actual BB Menu button!
    Last edited by leecott; 06-29-09 at 12:23 PM.
    06-29-09 12:19 PM
    Sorry if this has been covered. First time QL user and I'm wondering why you cannot add lot of programs? For example msn messenger, brickbreaker, aim. I'm running official bell update .122 with the latest version of QL

06-29-09 12:31 PM
    Gonna upgrade tonight to new version, but why can't I go straight to my SMS inbox or my messages box when they are seperated?
    06-29-09 03:21 PM
    Cheetah,

i created custom folders to organize my BB icons better. Is there a way to add these folders to the QuickLaunch App?
    06-29-09 05:27 PM
    ^ In the QL Menu>Applications>Folder Launch>Choose Specific folder

Another excellent milestone, QL. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned adding the revolving volume scrolling, but it's exactly what I would have liked... and now it's there!

This app is gold!

Suggestion: Is it possible to add the Orientation Lock to the QL menu as well, so it can be turned on or off at the press of a button?
    Last edited by wentouch; 06-29-09 at 07:08 PM.
    06-29-09 07:06 PM
    Cheetah,

i created custom folders to organize my BB icons better. Is there a way to add these folders to the QuickLaunch App?
    You can create submenus in quicklaunch. For each folder you created, create a submenu in ql with the same name. Then add all the same apps you have in each folder into the submenus.

06-29-09 07:08 PM
248 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD