Excellent! Changes and updates that improve efficiency are always welcome.
    06-28-09 11:36 AM
    Alright, I need some help here...I purchased Quicklaunch from BB App World (big mistake!) on 5/28/09. I just recently did a wipe and fresh install of .148 went to put QL back on my phone but when I bring up app world it is saying I need to pay $4.99 again for the upgrade and it won't give me my activation code.

What can I do...this is so aggravating!

Edit: I contacted nikkisoft and they say it is BB App World's fault which I can believe, so I contacted BB App World support and they haven't responded yet. I want to know if there is anyway I can get my purchase switched over to mobihand? I just want to get rid of BB App World and not have to deal with them till they get their sh*t together.
    Here is the solution from RIM for this situation. It works but is a pain:
    . uninstall QuickLaunch and ALL paids apps you've purchased through App World
    . uninstall App World
    . pull the battery 30 seconds
    . download and install App World
    . Log in to My World with your paypal info

That will fix it 95% of the time.
    06-28-09 11:42 AM
    Yet more EXCELLENT changes to a PERFECT application!!!
    More are coming...
    06-28-09 11:43 AM
    Here is the solution from RIM for this situation. It works but is a pain:
    . uninstall QuickLaunch and ALL paids apps you've purchased through App World
    . uninstall App World
    . pull the battery 30 seconds
    . download and install App World
    . Log in to My World with your paypal info

That will fix it 95% of the time.
    Okay, thank you I will try that...
    06-28-09 11:52 AM
    Will we have to pay again once this goes 3.0? [I've paid twice already]
    06-28-09 11:57 AM
    It would seem to be worth an additional upgrade price. This is the best app out there and the support is great!!

Free is always nice though
    06-28-09 12:16 PM
    It would seem to be worth an additional upgrade price. This is the best app out there and the support is great!!

Free is always nice though
    I agree, but that's like paying for the same Madden three times
    06-28-09 12:31 PM
    I just have one thing to say is WOW. What else can u add this update is Sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 12:34 PM
    so how many ppl here can't save items? can you give me any details? how to recreate etc.
    I tried to save a new PIN contact. Couldn't do it.
    06-28-09 12:49 PM
    I agree, but that's like paying for the same Madden three times
    Not really. Most downloadable content for videogames cost extra. Cheetah has given us a lot of extra content for free.
    06-28-09 01:03 PM
    I tried to save a new PIN contact. Couldn't do it.
    The bug was fixed, just reinstall.
    06-28-09 01:08 PM
    Again, incremental changes such as the bump to 2.09 are being given free. It's only when a major update comes that payment is expected. I see nothing wrong with such an approach considering the time and energy expended in putting the app together not to mention the hours involved in following the release and handling bugs/problems that pop up. I'm quite certain this isn't his primary source of income so he does have other obligations to attend to. How is it that his time and skill is expected to come at no charge....forever? Unrealistic IMO.

In the end, the user has opportunity to review the improvements and if they don't warrant further expenditures, then don't buy it. If it's worth the small amount to upgrade, then give the man props and some cash. Pretty simple. Then again folks can grab the necessary software and make their own apps. Suspect when they get into the down and dirty of putting something like QL together, they'll see the sum being asked for to be quite fair considering the effort put into apps and themes of this nature.

Okay...I'm off my soapbox now. Just tired of this expectation and sense of entitlement that has permeated just about every aspect of our society these days.
    06-28-09 01:14 PM
    Hey Cheetah I noticed that when my phone resets in the morning at 523 that when the phone comes back on the stop tilt has been disabled. Would you be able to make it enabled until I choose disable the app? I hope I explained that well enough.

After reboot stoptilt is not still enabled basically!
    I would love to see this as well! I believe StopTilt app has the ability to hold orientation settings after a reboot so it is possible, perhaps a lot of work though.

Very nice updates...thanks Cheetah!
    06-28-09 01:19 PM
    Again, incremental changes such as the bump to 2.09 are being given free. It's only when a major update comes that payment is expected. I see nothing wrong with such an approach considering the time and energy expended in putting the app together not to mention the hours involved in following the release and handling bugs/problems that pop up. I'm quite certain this isn't his primary source of income so he does have other obligations to attend to. How is it that his time and skill is expected to come at no charge....forever? Unrealistic IMO.

In the end, the user has opportunity to review the improvements and if they don't warrant further expenditures, then don't buy it. If it's worth the small amount to upgrade, then give the man props and some cash. Pretty simple. Then again folks can grab the necessary software and make their own apps. Suspect when they get into the down and dirty of putting something like QL together, they'll see the sum being asked for to be quite fair considering the effort put into apps and themes of this nature.

Okay...I'm off my soapbox now. Just tired of this expectation and sense of entitlement that has permeated just about every aspect of our society these days.
    I couldn't agree more! QL is my number 1 most used app.! Thanks for all the hard work!
    06-28-09 01:51 PM
    More are coming...
    Here is an idea that has been kicking around in my head for awhile. Back in the days of DOS PCs and early PDAs people could create macros to emulate keystrokes. These macros would be saved and executed at will to reproduce the keystroke sequence. The same process is used on Logitech Harmony controllers. So, what about having the capability to capture keystrokes and screen presses and save them in named macros. These macros could be added to QL and executed at will.

The macro generator could be seperate utility so as not to increase the size of QL itself.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by BerryNick; 06-28-09 at 03:15 PM.
    06-28-09 03:13 PM
    More are coming...
    And you know I'll test em! Still need to get my filthy little paws on 2.09

06-28-09 04:05 PM
    whats the big deal if you have to enable stop tilt after a reboot..all you do is click a button in your bb menu..so easy a caveman can do it.
    06-28-09 04:26 PM
    whats the big deal if you have to enable stop tilt after a reboot..all you do is click a button in your bb menu..so easy a caveman can do it.
    Now that's funny...
    06-28-09 04:29 PM
    Anyone having memory problems with the tilt lock? Since I started using it, I'm now down to 19mb free. I'm usually upper 30's

06-28-09 04:45 PM
    loving the tiltlock...
    06-28-09 04:46 PM
    If it was just one click to make everything stay in portrait that would be fine. But I have a scheduled daily reboot and like my app screen, bbm, messages, calendar, memo pad, browser, options, contacts, music player, maps, clock, tasks...basically everything that is able to utilize this feature...to stay locked in portrait. So it's a lot of enabling, not just one button click...and that's not counting the random reboots lol.
    06-28-09 05:05 PM
    i would like a free trial please
    06-28-09 05:07 PM
    i would like a free trial please
    Request denied..people were cracking it and posting on warez sites, so he doesn't do free trials anymore

06-28-09 05:38 PM
    What 3rd party apps work with the tilt lock feature? I've yet to find one. RIM apps only seem capable.
    06-28-09 06:01 PM
    What 3rd party apps work with the tilt lock feature? I've yet to find one. RIM apps only seem capable.
    +1...and I have a looooooot of 3rd party apps on my Storm lol.

I'd love it to hold on Opera Mini, Facebook, UberTwitter and Viigo...and I'd like to win the lottery, and allow me to eat 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's a day without gaining weight
    06-28-09 07:07 PM
248 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD