PLEASE ASK FOR REQUESTS/FEATURES ON MAIN THREAD, THANK YOU...

Main Thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/qu...-storm-235568/

READ THIS POST CAREFULLY BEFORE ASKING ANOTHER QUESTION PLEASE! THANK YOU!

How do I upgrade to the latest update?
    Open the download link on your phone from other updates...or go to the site where you bought the app ( CrackBerry AppStore | Mobihand ) and download from there...
    Mobihand / CrackBerry AppStore Users:
    Note that there might be a slight lag between the version displayed in your application list and the version currently available. For example, your list my show the latest version as 2.01 but it will in fact download 2.02 when requested. If a new version is out, try downloading even if your list doesn't show any updates.
    App World Users: The update will be available to you once it clears RIM's approval process. This takes 5 to 15 business days.
    Upgrading from 1.x? Please note that if you bought QuickLaunch before April 1st, you need to pay a 1.99$ upgrade fee.
    Post written/updated for version: 2.09

Frequently Asked Questions
    How do I make QL dock to the side of the screen like QL 1.4?
    If you are running an OS < 4.7.0.141 on your phone, you can make QL behave like version 1.4 by unchecking the "Menu Flicker Fix Enable" option in the "QL Options" page (QL > > QL Options). Disabling this option on a phone running OS >= 4.7.0.141 will cause QL to flicker.
    Where is "Device Info" / "Homepage" / "Screen Capture"?
    You can add those menu items by going in "Application" (QL > > Add Items > Application). They are listed in the dropdown.
    How do I add my city for use of the Weather Feature?
    Visit Yahoo! Weather and find your city (ie.: New York). Once you have found the URL to your city (ie.: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNY0176.html). The bold portion of the URL is the location code you need to input in "QL Options".
    How do I contact the developer of QuickLaunch?
    You may contact CheetahAce by sending him an email.
    Known Issues & Workarounds
    I purchased "QuickLaunch" but the activation code I received is invalid.
    You can either contact the store you bought QuickLaunch from ( CrackBerry AppStore | Mobihand ) or contact the developer by email by clicking here (slower).
    I am trying to upgrade to version 2.0 but my BlackBerry keeps giving me a "Error 907: Invalid COD" error.
    Uninstall your previous version of QuickLaunch before trying to upgrade to 2.0. This will allow you to download and install 2.0 successfuly.
    QL flickers when activated. How do I fix this?
    You can fix the flickering by checking the "Menu Flicker Fix Enable" option in the "QL Options" page (QL > > QL Options).
    A keyboard opens that I can't close when QL is launched and QL still flickers when the option is checked.
    Make sure that Compatibility Mode is Disabled. To do so, go in Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight QuickLaunch > > Disable Compatibility Mode.
    My convenience key is set to do nothing but when I press it, a white screen appears below the menu.
    This is a known issue and is a limitation of the OS. This problem is being worked on but may not be fixable.
    My QuickLaunch behaves strangely. Pressing the button opens a context menu and/or shortcuts do not work.
    Make sure that all your Permissions are set to allow. To do so, go in Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Highlight QuickLaunch > > Edit Permissions > Set All to Allow.
    I have just reinstalled QuickLaunch but can't seem to restore my settings.
    Simply add a menu item and then you'll be able to reach the restore option.
    Some of my installed applications do not show up in the application list.
    I am currently trying to compile a list of those applications. As of right now, the following applications are known to be not in the list. Please note that there is currently an issue causing applications to randomly be omitted from the list. The cause of the issue is currently being investigated.
    • CrackBerry Launcher (instead, you can create a Web Shortcut for m.crackberry.com [QL > > Add Items > Website])
    Changelog (Fixed Issues)
    Version 2.09 (2009-06-27)
    • Added Orientation Lock Feature
    • Added the ability to create shortcuts to folders
    • Improved volume button scrolling
    Version 2.08 (2009-06-13)
    • New shortcuts for Media Explorer and Media types added.
    • Support for 'trackIT' added
    • Various bug fixes.
    Version 2.07 (2009-06-07)
    • Fixed bug causing the application list to be truncated.
    Version 2.05 (2009-06-04)
    • Fixed bug where the option "Menu Flicker Fix Enabled" wouldn't save.
    • Application list is now sorted in a case-insensitive matter.
    Version 2.04 (2009-06-01)
    • Fixed typo in about screen showing wrong version number.
    • Fixed missing "Flicker Fix" option on 4.7.0.151 OS.
    Version 2.03 (2009-05-30)
    • Fixed "Screen Capture" opening an application on some devices.
    Version 2.02 (2009-05-29)
    • Fixed application dectection routine
    Version 2.01 (2009-05-27)
    • Fixed "Application" button item not working in "Add Items" window.
    • Moved "Application" button to top of "Add Items" window.
    • Fixed Screen Captures not saving to SD Card.
    • Fixed incorrect menu header when using nested sub-menus.
    • Fixed documents added to main menu instead of current sub-menu.
    • Fixed menu size when weather is occupying multiple lines.
    Writing still in progress.

Format based on DriftDevil's PatternLock & StormSlider FAQ pages.
    Last edited by FineWolf; 06-28-09 at 12:39 AM.
    05-27-09 05:38 PM
    Thanks for this post FineWolf.
    05-27-09 05:51 PM
    Thanks for this post FineWolf.
    No problem, a pleasure. I'll also try to monitor this thread and keep a list of known problems up to date.
    05-27-09 05:52 PM
    Let me ask - does QuickLaunch allow you to open a different program by pressing a convenience key two or three times? IMO that would push me over the edge to get it...
    05-27-09 06:07 PM
    Let me ask - does QuickLaunch allow you to open a different program by pressing a convenience key two or three times? IMO that would push me over the edge to get it...
    If QL is assigned to a convenience key, it can be configured to open 1 application on double click.
    05-27-09 06:10 PM
    im sorry, but i have to ask again...

one question though, I havent been following the beta thread much, because I wanted to be surprised...

but is there a way to get the media app on there?
    I want to get this off my main screen...

or a shortcut to a folder?
    This way, I can just get rid of "downloads" and have a perfectly clean homescreen (All I have is media and downloads, since everything else is in QL, and my theme is the iconless screen
    05-27-09 06:28 PM
    How do you add all your music and pics and what is sLOck?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 06:31 PM
    Oh yeah where is yahoo weather at or is that where we get are weather info from

05-27-09 06:34 PM
    im sorry, but i have to ask again...

one question though, I havent been following the beta thread much, because I wanted to be surprised...

but is there a way to get the media app on there?
    I want to get this off my main screen...

or a shortcut to a folder?
    This way, I can just get rid of "downloads" and have a perfectly clean homescreen (All I have is media and downloads, since everything else is in QL, and my theme is the iconless screen
    No and no.
    05-27-09 06:38 PM
    How do you add all your music and pics and what is sLOck?
    Thanks

You can add music and pictures by doing the following:
    QL > > Add Items > Audio, Video, Image, File etc..

As for your second question, I have no idea what is "Slock". Where did you see this?
    05-27-09 06:40 PM
    Thanks for this. Just downloaded and my Application button isn't working. And now I know that this is a known issue
    And Cheetah, I sent you a couple emails about getting a new phone, and then another new phone in the course of an hour... I asked for a new activation code, but since I bought 2.0 I don't really need that anymore.. I know you probably have a good 1000 emails.. so if you come across one by an annoying guy worrying about an activation code you can disregard it... Although I'm sure it's hard to differentiate
    05-27-09 06:43 PM
    what if you got qu icklunch from app. world how do you up grade?
    05-27-09 06:55 PM
    i have a question. I have an app called accelodex and it is not listed in the app list. In version 1.4/5 we used to need the app open to put it on the list. I can't get this app on the list now. Any suggestions?
    05-27-09 06:55 PM
    It takes a week to two weeks before RIM approves an application upgrade. Hang tight, you will be able to upgrade as soon as it is approved.
    05-27-09 06:58 PM
    i have a question. I have an app called accelodex and it is not listed in the app list. In version 1.4/5 we used to need the app open to put it on the list. I can't get this app on the list now. Any suggestions?
    Launch it, then try adding it. If I understand how QL2 works, it first lists all applications with icons and all open applications. Let me know if this works.
    05-27-09 06:59 PM
    Oh yeah where is yahoo weather at or is that where we get are weather info from

Yahoo! Weather

Search for a city (ie.: New York). Once you are on the city page (ie.: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNY0176.html), take note of the location code (ie.: USNY0176). This is what you need to put in QL.
    Last edited by FineWolf; 05-27-09 at 07:02 PM.
    05-27-09 07:00 PM
    i received an upgrade e-mail for crackberry store. i purchased it 4 weeks ago.
    05-27-09 07:00 PM
    Launch it, then try adding it. If I understand how QL2 works, it first lists all applications with icons and all open applications. Let me know if this works.
    I tried that. it does not work. the accelodex is not listed and i have the app open.
    05-27-09 07:02 PM
    I tried that. it does not work. the accelodex is not listed and i have the app open.
    I will try to look into this issue. You may also want to try to contact CheetahAce (QL Developer) by sending him an email.
    05-27-09 07:10 PM
    I added a video file, and through the sub menu it doesnt launch. Is that a known issue?
    05-27-09 07:22 PM
    I added a video file, and through the sub menu it doesnt launch. Is that a known issue?
    Does it launch from the media manager? (Media > > Explore)

The reason I'm asking is that it might be an association issue versus a QL issue.
    05-27-09 07:27 PM
    i am still waiting to get my activation code that works. the one given to me from my crackberry account upgrade doesnt work
    Visit Mobihand, login with your Crackberry Store Information. Click on change next to your PIN, input your current PIN (even if it's the same, in caps) and click Confirm. This will force Mobihand to generate a new code for QuickLaunch, regardless of if it is the same PIN or not.
    05-27-09 07:37 PM
    i tried that and it wouldnt let me in. do i have to create a new account on that site?
    No, it should be the same as your Crackberry App Store account. Try login then on http://software.crackberry.com/ and changing your PIN there.
    05-27-09 07:49 PM
    ok, this is what is happening now. i got a message saying i already changed the device ID today. it didnt give me another code. now what can i do?
    Contact the store support. They might be able to answer faster then the developer (which is currently overwhelmed with requests).
    05-27-09 07:56 PM
    One more issue to report. QL 2.0 does not honor the Orientation Lock. Previous version did. So I know that it will work.

Here is the scenario. Normally I keep the orientation locked to portrait on the home screen. When rotating the phone it stays in portrait as expected.

While the phone is physically rotated (the image on the homescreen is still in portrait) and I launch QL it appears, on the right side in my case, but it in a proper vertical mode.

What I expected, and what it used to do, is appear on the right side of the screen as though the phone was physically in a portrait orientation.
    05-27-09 07:56 PM
543 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD