QuickLaunch 2.0 for the Bold is now available!

After quite a delay QL 2.0 has finally been released. Faster, easier, more flexible, possessing more functionality than previous versions with an attractive, intuitive interface that doesn't require a manual to understand, 2.0 maintains it's must-have status.

New Features in 2.0:

. Backup / Restore to .txt file

No more lost menu configurations when upgrading your OS. The Menu List, Options and Activation Code can now be stored in a .txt on your SDCard and easily and reliably restored. Use this function for backup as QuickLaunch no longer 'supports' backup / restore via Desktop Manager.

. Built-in Screen Capture function
    QuickLaunch now includes it's own screen capture capability generating a high quality image. After the image is taken you have the option of immediately emailing it.

. Integrated Google, Wikipedia and Dictionary.com search
    Performing these searches are now quicker using QuickLaunch.

. Create Custom Submenus
    Now you can organize your list in categories. You can even have submenus within submenus. Submenus can be opened by clicking on them or highlighting them and using the the trackball right/left to open / back out of them.

. More apps and functions to Add
    In addition to the greater number of applications now supported by QL 2.0 there are now more 'standard' QL functions that you can add including:
    New Appointment, Compose Email, Compose PIN, Compose SMS, New Contact,
    and New Task.

. Display Current Temperature
    You can now display your local temperature (or just about any other city in the world) and Hi/Lo forecast information in the title bar.

QuickLaunch does not run in the background and the weather information is retrieved only when you run QL.

2.0 weather was tested in 4 European countries, 2 asian countries, Australia, South Africa and the U.S and worked with all networks tested. However it is possible that someone might have a network configuration that is not immediately supported. If this is the case, find your carrier's APN (Access Point Name) via google or directly from your carrier and enter that information in home, options, advanced, tcp/ip. That should take care of almost all networks in the world. If you can't display weather after that, send me an email and I will determine your settings and get you set up.

. Yahoo Weather
    This item is in the Add Application section and when selected will display weather info obtained from yahoo weather in your browser according your location setting in QL Options.

. Add Items Alphabetically
    Enable this option to add menu items in alphabetical order

. Easier Setup with Installed Applications List
    To add an app no longer requires you to first have the app running. Just pick from the list

. Volume Button Scrolling
    You can now set the volume buttons to enable item by item scrolling up/down or page up/down.

. 3 Font sizes
    Small, medium and large

. System Menu Integration
    This option will allow you to add QL to the BlackBerry system menu a la 'CaptureIt'. An added bonus of this feature is that now QL can be run on top of some apps that it previously wasn't able to in the past such as Opera Mini.

Keyboard Shortcuts
    You can now configure shortcuts for menu items

. Improved Performance
    Yes, it launches items noticeably faster than before.

Watch the QuickLaunch 2.0 HD Demo Video by WJD Designs:
    (QL icon also by WJD Design Studio)

Price:
    Previous owners who've purchased on or after April 1st: Free
    Previous owners who've purchased before April 1st: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.0 has been submitted to RIM for inclusion in App World but they have a 4 -7 day approval time so customers who have purchased there will have to wait until it's approved. Sorry about that.

2.0 will require a new PIN. Make sure you enter your correct pin in capital letters when you download. Uninstall your current version and reboot before installing 2.0.

The mobihand servers will most likely be a little busy during the first few hours of release so don't panic if you can't connect to the server or any other download problems for a while. Update emails will come soon.

Any issues / bugs found in the first release will be taken care of immediately. If you have a problem email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail.

Many thanks to the beta testers for their hard work and support. Beta testers can email on how to obtain their official copy.

For more information regarding QuickLaunch go to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    06-07-09 07:53 PM
    Thank you CA for your hard work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 08:14 PM
    How can I get a new activation code...just updated but says invalid when I input me activation code..

06-07-09 08:19 PM
    It's in your purchase email you've just received. If that one doesn't work go to your account page and change your pin. Enter it in capital letters. Don't make a mistake as you only get once chance.
    06-07-09 08:24 PM
    I understand but I didn't get a email..I just saw the post and logged on my mobihand account and updated..it still showe
    d my regular activation code.. ( I did uninstall first and reboote before updating)...I should wait for the email that the update is out..

By the way thanks for the great app...

06-07-09 08:27 PM
    So. I can't get the v2.0 until rim updates the app world and that will be 4-7 days? I bought mine on app world, can I update somewhere else or ONLY on app world?

06-07-09 08:29 PM
    Well for $3.99 .. its a small price to pay for such hard work and i must say i very appreciate all your work CheetahAce!!!!

I am still waiting for my pending order. like give me a few min.

I said $3.99 as that is with the 20% off until june 16th i think its the 16th....
    06-07-09 08:34 PM
    Ok its been 15 min where is my email to get this program MOBIHAND.... ???

06-07-09 08:47 PM
    So I purchased 1.4 on May 10th. How do I go about downloading the new version for free? I tried going throgh the CB app store but it doesnt recognize it automatically...?
    06-07-09 08:48 PM
    Great work on the update. Hope to get my email from mobi soon!
    06-07-09 08:49 PM
    Yay its out! Thanks for the new version CheetahAce and all the hard work you put into it and to all of the testers that helped him.

Ok its been 15 min where is my email to get this program MOBIHAND.... ???

Have you tried checking your purchases list in the account page? Sometimes it shows up there before the email.
    06-07-09 08:52 PM
    So I purchased 1.4 on May 10th. How do I go about downloading the new version for free? I tried going throgh the CB app store but it doesnt recognize it automatically...?
    Did you click the "Buy an upgrade" link? I had to do that on the Mobihand official store because that link was grayed out for me on the CB App store.
    06-07-09 08:54 PM
    ok ... so is mobihand not open today?

Like i still waiting for my pending order... = i used my credit card like before, but i only buy twice now from mobihand.

its been like 20-30 min no mail yet for me to download it ...
    Last edited by xamdam; 06-07-09 at 09:04 PM.
    06-07-09 08:58 PM
    Man you guys are impatient! They are swamped I'm sure - relax.
    06-07-09 09:03 PM
    I wonder if someone can help me...

This is my situation:

I originally purchased QL 1.4 for the 8900, but lost my device four days or so later and changed the device on mobihand website to the Bold 9000... I haven't received an upgrade email nor can I get the upgrade through the "buy an upgrade" option on mobihand website as it says my email is not recognised as being eligible (or sumink...).

It shows my device as the Bold and has my current bold pin on the mobihand my account bit but I'm not sure where to go from now..

Any advice is definitely appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Nirave
    06-07-09 09:04 PM

This is my situation:

I originally purchased QL 1.4 for the 8900, but lost my device four days or so later and changed the device on mobihand website to the Bold 9000... I haven't received an upgrade email nor can I get the upgrade through the "buy an upgrade" option on mobihand website as it says my email is not recognised as being eligible (or sumink...).

It shows my device as the Bold and has my current bold pin on the mobihand my account bit but I'm not sure where to go from now..

Thanks in advance

Nirave
    Send an email to mobihand support and provide all necessary information that you indeed OWNED the 8900 ... and i bet they maybe able to allow you to re-download the 1.4v or whatever .... i can't speak for them of course, but i would say it would be reasonable if you can PROVE that the 8900 phone was yours on that account and so forth, time and date if you can provide as to when you purchased the 1.4v.

Anyhoo... thats my advice.
    06-07-09 09:12 PM
    sweet! Downloading now! Thanks CA for the hard work and the Beta testers too!
    06-07-09 09:14 PM

This is my situation:

Thanks in advance

Nirave

email them and tell them ur new pin and what phone

customersupport @ mobihand.com
    06-07-09 09:17 PM
    Great update. Thanks for the upgrade
    06-07-09 09:19 PM
    Ok i not happy .... it has been like 40 min or so.... where is my EMAIL .... to download this program... ???

06-07-09 09:20 PM
    I just logged in to my Mobihand accoutn through the CB store and was able to upgrade and get a new activation code by re-entering my PIN.

Great work CheetahAce!
    06-07-09 09:21 PM
    Ok i not happy .... it has been like 40 min or so.... where is my EMAIL .... to download this program... ???

dude it just came out u know how many emails its sending out and how many ppl are buyin there like 4 million ppl with storms 8900 and bolds lol i know how u feel but if u dont wanna wait just buy it over again its 4.99 its worth it i think
    06-07-09 09:23 PM
    dude it just came out u know how many emails its sending out and how many ppl are buyin there like 4 million ppl with storms 8900 and bolds lol i know how u feel but if u dont wanna wait just buy it over again its 4.99 its worth it i think
    LOL .. buy it again and wait again..... NEVER<<<<<<<<<

I will wait for the first one..... i just hate waiting,

Like how long does it take for a FRAUD CHECK..... come on the credit card check should be around 10 min .. automatic service.. so what gives?
    06-07-09 09:25 PM
    What background is that blue wave? It pretty sweet
    06-07-09 09:25 PM
    lol i know sorry just keep waiting bro
    06-07-09 09:26 PM
268 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD