Alrighty, little confused Is 2.08 available for the Bold yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 07:47 PM
    Yeah, I did that. However, here is my point, I "already" upgraded to 2.07 from your site(link in your sig via MobiHand) for 1.99 and yet the CB Store still has my latest upgrade to 2.07(and not 2.08) for 1.99.

Mobihand is the same as CB. Same store. Same company.
    Maybe you should try signing in to mobihand instead of CB.
    06-13-09 08:25 PM
    Actually, he's right.

When I log into MY ACCOUNT on Mobihand, the only version of QL available to me is 2.07 which is the version I uploaded earlier today. Version 2.08 is not available in my account.

Perhaps the server needs to reboot overnight or it won't be available until th emails go out.
    06-13-09 08:30 PM
    maybe i'm misunderstanding you.
    the site says 2.07 because the emails have not gone out.
    When the emails go out then the version number is changed.
    However if you download now you will receive 2.08.
    06-13-09 08:31 PM
    Its still showing 2.07 as the latest version. I also can't seem to find the post that Blacklatino quoted, just the one above that says 2.08 is available for the 8900.

06-13-09 08:32 PM
    maybe i'm misunderstanding you.
    the site says 2.07 because the emails have not gone out.
    When the emails go out then the version number is changed.
    However if you download now you will receive 2.08.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, but, I definitely saw that your last post was about to head both of us in another direction. Yeah, I have an account with MobiHand/ CB, and another thru BerryReview - with a different e-mail.

Almost forgot>
    Subject: Order 1157870 from MobiHand
    To: The Nut
    Date: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 8:47 PM

"Thank you for your order BL:

Purchasing Information:

Payment Method
    Credit Card Visa ending in XXXX (Your credit card was charged by MobiHand, Inc.)

Order Information
    QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, Websites, Email, SMS, PIN, Phone #'s, Media and more! - For Bold 9000 (1): $1.99 Subtotal: $1.99 Total: $1.99"

So, again, thanks for clarifying that, although "CrackBerry Store" has the link listed as 2.07, consumers will get 2.08.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-13-09 at 09:27 PM.
    06-13-09 09:22 PM
    Actually, he's right.

When I log into MY ACCOUNT on Mobihand, the only version of QL available to me is 2.07 which is the version I uploaded earlier today. Version 2.08 is not available in my account.

Perhaps the server needs to reboot overnight or it won't be available until th emails go out.
    Well, d*mn, glad someone else doesn't think I'm being a nut about this.....besides my wife
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-13-09 at 09:31 PM.
    06-13-09 09:25 PM
    Too much multi-tasking for me. The way it works at mobihand is if the version number is changed emails will go out automatically even if the app hasn't been changed. QL has several devices. I choose to update them one at a time as i develop them instead of all devices at once which would take much longer. So in my case I upload the app and tell mobihand to only change the version number for that one device. Then the emails kick off. If I change the version # myself it get's set for all devices and all QL customers get upgrade notices whether their device has been updated or not. Not good. Sometimes they do it immediately sometimes they hanging with family and it takes a day or so.
    06-13-09 09:36 PM
    Lol. Multitasking? What's that? It's all good and I'm not trying to give you a hard time before someone tries to get some ish started. I just want the upgrade without having to pay my CB/MobiHand (one in the same) account again. Also, it's not about the money, just the fact that my account is not recognizing that I have already upgraded. BTW, I previously sent an e-mail to Mobihand regarding this issue earlier this evening. As with my other app issues, I'm sure the e-mail will end up with you or whomever handles these type of issues. Anyway, thanks.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-13-09 at 10:24 PM.
    06-13-09 10:20 PM
    Just went to Mobihand..it does say 2.07 but I downloaded anyway and it says 2.08!! Rebooting now. Everything so far so good!!

Arlene
    Last edited by aming63; 06-13-09 at 10:37 PM.
    06-13-09 10:24 PM
    Just went to Mobihand..it does say 2.07 but I downloaded anyway and it says 2.08!! Rebooting now.
    Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-13-09 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Update.
    06-13-09 10:26 PM
    Still not updated in app world... Is it going to be updated soon?.. it's been a week already.
    06-13-09 11:31 PM
    Still not updated in app world... Is it going to be updated soon?.. it's been a week already.
    Yeah, this is getting kind of annoying. I wish there was even a way to pay the $2 upgrade and get it.
    06-14-09 01:06 AM
    How do you delete a separator line?

Also, does v2.08 fix Shazam and does it add support for Media Player?

I just read today that it's listed as v2.07 on Mobihand but it's actually v2.08.

I will download it now.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    06-14-09 08:46 AM
    Yeah, this is getting kind of annoying. I wish there was even a way to pay the $2 upgrade and get it.
    with ya......it's getting old
    06-15-09 11:55 AM
    How do you delete a separator line?

Also, does v2.08 fix Shazam and does it add support for Media Player?

I just read today that it's listed as v2.07 on Mobihand but it's actually v2.08.

I will download it now.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    The Media Player was added but I still can't get Shazam. I'm still happy with my update.
    06-15-09 12:48 PM
    Sorry if i missed it, but is there a changelog for 2.07 > 2.08 anywhere? Cant seem to find it neither on their page on here on CB.

Ohh and a little extra question :P, when i update programs, is it best to uninstall the old one first, or just let the download say its upgrading to newer version overwriting previous?
    Last edited by Wazkyr; 06-15-09 at 01:27 PM.
    06-15-09 01:25 PM
    CheetahAce: Thank you for the 2.08 update, an excellent app, and reasonable prices

06-17-09 09:18 AM
    its now on app world...
    06-18-09 10:12 AM
    its now on app world...
    I just checked and its not for me :O nooo. I really want 2.0 QL argh! Its been over a damn week and I still don't have it.

06-18-09 10:17 AM
    Yep, not there for me (in the UK) either.

06-18-09 12:12 PM
    I just checked and its not for me :O nooo. I really want 2.0 QL argh! Its been over a damn week and I still don't have it.

Yeah, not up in Canada yet.
    06-18-09 12:38 PM
    app world is not good.
    once it's up it will only show up for new customers. existing customers wont see it for 7 days because the app world client only updates once every 7 days. rim told me 2 wks ago that they are working to make that quicker. not sure if they have done it yet. they also said the only way for an existing customer to see an update immediately is if they uninstall all paid app world apps then uninstall app world and then WIPE THEIR DEVICE! Is that crazy or what? I've complained about this as have other developers countless times but they just say 'it's currently under investigation'. Also I highly reccomend you do a backup through QL's backup / restore. It will save the activation code in the backup file. If you upgrade your os then appp world will be unable to display your old code. That's something else RIM is 'currently investigating'.
    06-18-09 01:27 PM
    Thanks for the update!

Boooooo to App World.

I'm that annoyed waiting I'm tempted to just buy from elsewhere!

06-18-09 02:21 PM
    hey chettah i had v1.4 checked appworld today said 2.08 was available so i had read that you need to uninstall first so i did that then when back to appworld it asked me if i wanted to reinstall quicklaunch but this time it said 2.08 got it installed now i dont have the activation code. lol
    06-18-09 05:35 PM
268 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD