Oh and I forgot to mention, the QL menu does show up in some apps...For example, it shows up in Facebook, but not Social scope.
    Cool, must be just the ones I have but I have NO 3rd pty apps with QL showing in the menu, just stock apps. Do you use Opera mini? If so is it showing there?? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 08:02 AM
    Just noticed the CB launcher doesn't work when I attempt to access using QL
    :::::gasp!!:::::

That was an issue in the other device beta's too... Dunno if Cheetah found a fix for this...

06-14-09 08:03 AM
    Cool, must be just the ones I have but I have NO 3rd pty apps with QL showing in the menu, just stock apps. Do you use Opera mini? If so is it showing there?? Thanks.

The apps I have installed:
    Google Maps
    Docs to Go
    BBNotepad
    Opera Mini
    BBFileScout
    QuickPull
    BBTran
    Password Protect App (that is in Beta test phase)
    Filelock

Can anyone confirm if QL is showing in the menu for any of these on their devices? Or confirm that it isn't (like mine...)??
    Thanks.

06-14-09 08:42 AM
    Wow this thing is SWEET. I will report any findings as I dig deeper into it. Looks great so far, love the weather addition.
    06-14-09 10:28 AM

Hmm. Nah don't use opera mini, but do use Bold Browser and it's not showing there either.
    06-14-09 10:37 AM
    Anyone in th UK got weather working??

06-14-09 10:39 AM
    The apps I have installed:
    Google Maps
    Docs to Go
    BBNotepad
    Opera Mini
    BBFileScout
    QuickPull
    BBTran
    Password Protect App (that is in Beta test phase)
    Filelock

Can anyone confirm if QL is showing in the menu for any of these on their devices? Or confirm that it isn't (like mine...)??
    Thanks.

I have all but 1 or 2 of the apps you've listed and the QL is not present in the menu. Wonder if it's on FB because technically FB is a RIM app?
    06-14-09 10:42 AM
    I woud love to be one of the people testing this amazing app
    06-14-09 10:48 AM
    I have all but 1 or 2 of the apps you've listed and the QL is not present in the menu. Wonder if it's on FB because technically FB is a RIM app?
    Possibly...? Dunno I guess Cheetah will enlighten us when he pops in.

06-14-09 11:08 AM
    i like it alot, i have not run into any problems yet, but if i do ill fill you in!
    06-14-09 11:36 AM
    I woud love to be one of the people testing this amazing app
    its already out for the storm...
    06-14-09 11:36 AM
    Overall, I think this is a superb first release of 2.0 for the 83xx. Since I last posted, I've only found more +s than anything else. Everything that we've mentioned previously all seem to be easy fixes, but as DD1968 said, let's wait until the great "Cheetah" comes in. haha.
    06-14-09 11:39 AM
    Overall, I think this is a superb first release of 2.0 for the 83xx. Since I last posted, I've only found more +s than anything else. Everything that we've mentioned previously all seem to be easy fixes, but as DD1968 said, let's wait until the great "Cheetah" comes in. haha.
    What she said

This version is awesome and it's working great. I love the backup & restore feature and the screen capture and device reset.

I'll be able to play with it more today but so far I haven't found anything wrong other than what DD1968 posted.
    06-14-09 01:03 PM
    What does backup and restore do?

06-14-09 01:41 PM
    What does backup and restore do?

It'll save the configuration of QL, that is the order that the list is in the apps you have added, colours etc... If you delete and re-download or update the app it'll prevent you having to set it all back up the way you like it again...

06-14-09 01:45 PM
    It'll save the configuration of QL, that is the order that the list is in the apps you have added, colours etc... If you delete and re-download or update the app it'll prevent you having to set it all back up the way you like it again...

I just updated my OS and it worked flawlessly too. Just remember that you have to add at least one app in order to get the restore option, but after that, it's all gravy.
    06-14-09 01:49 PM
    Wow, just noticed the left and right roll of the trackball to expand and close sub-menus. I've been clicking them. Sweet.

06-14-09 02:48 PM
    Wow, just noticed the left and right roll of the trackball to expand and close sub-menus. I've been clicking them. Sweet.

Right to open left to close seems the wrong way round with QL docked to the right (fine docked to the left). It seems (to me) that it's more intuitive to have you scroll towards the centre of the screen to expand, and back towards the dock to close the sub menu...

I'm nit picking cos I can't really find any faults lol.

06-14-09 02:53 PM

Ok, I didn't even see that. Nice.

I'm still trying to get the hang of it. More later when I get stuck and have questions.

So far, I'm loving this upgrade.
    06-14-09 03:12 PM
    Just now trying it out - wow!

Like the weather addition - how often does it update?

Love the sub-menus and the fact that you can keep adding to deeper levels.

Everything seems to be working so far but will keep testing.

I have the app order issue as well - maybe a QL option to reorder the screen? Of course I guess that would mess up the seperators and the folder orders as well though.

Have the app switcher error reported earlier.

06-14-09 03:16 PM
    Wait a minute.......what is the procedure for creating the subforums? Say I want "Create Emails"..........wouldn't I make a "Create emails" folder then create a SUBFORUM within that called "recipients" and then add specific email addys in there?

The way I have it now the subforums don't disappear into a larger forum so it's not making it less cluttered looking for me.

I pray some of that makes sense. lol
    06-14-09 03:17 PM
    Nevermind. I think I've figured it out.
    06-14-09 03:20 PM
    How about the ability to move something from a sub menu to the main menu (for us klutzes)

06-14-09 03:25 PM
    How about the ability to move something from a sub menu to the main menu (for us klutzes)

That is there. Coose add to sub menu and one of the options is main. It'll put it back to the main menu.

06-14-09 03:30 PM
    That is there. Coose add to sub menu and one of the options is main. It'll put it back to the main menu.

Oops, missed that one (what did I say about klutzes!!)

06-14-09 03:43 PM
360 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD