All media works fine for me.

@ CA (or beta testers if allowed to say)

Does v2 also move the menu over in order to fix the flicker? v1.5 was flush when it over wrote v1.4.x but memory dropped like a rock and it was after a reset that it shifted over from the edge. Also I don't frequent the v2.0 beta forum as I'm not a tester but was wondering if there's an eta set for v2.0?

TIA

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 07:23 PM
    Where can I pickup version 1.5?
    I originally purchased version 1.4 a month ago at Handango and now I ran a search for it and their search engine says that there is no app called QuickLaunch.
    Wish I didn't purchase software form them now.
    Nothing but issues
    05-22-09 07:41 PM
    If the selling site has not updated yet, email the author, CA, at the address provided on the 1st page of this thread.

05-22-09 07:46 PM
    Just want to throw in my "Thank you" for the fix.Looks sweet on .141
    05-22-09 08:24 PM
    Thank you for the fix! I tried my activation code from 1.4 hoping it would work, or it would be a couple bucks less, and it didn't work. But you know what, I don't care. Quick Launch is great, and well worth the $5. It was terrible not having it with .141 and .148. I tried ShortCutMe, and it is nowhere near as good as Quick Launch. I'll look at 2.0 when it comes out, but I don't know how it can be much better. Thanks.
    05-22-09 10:59 PM
    Thank you for the fix! I tried my activation code from 1.4 hoping it would work, or it would be a couple bucks less, and it didn't work. But you know what, I don't care. Quick Launch is great, and well worth the $5. It was terrible not having it with .141 and .148. I tried ShortCutMe, and it is nowhere near as good as Quick Launch. I'll look at 2.0 when it comes out, but I don't know how it can be much better. Thanks.
    This is impossible. Probably you changed your code in the past and forgot that you did it. The code will work in 1.5 100% guaranteed. If you go to your account page on crackberry or mobihand you will see the correct code. take a look.

anyway, email me at nikkisoft dot support gmail and i'll give you a refund.
    thanks.
    05-22-09 11:28 PM
    The upgrade to 1.5 is free. And trust me QL 2.0 has some awesome new features.

05-22-09 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the fix! The new icon looks fantastic!
    05-22-09 11:48 PM
    Am I the only one who still has flicker problem using 148 with the new update.

Because i notice when you have a big list of short cut that it starts to flicker again.
    05-23-09 02:53 AM
    Version 1.5 for storm owners has been released to Mobihand, Crackberry etc stores.

This interim release will elliminate the flickering seen on OS .141 and .148.

Version 2.0 is still in beta testing.

Thanks.
    What about current and loyal 1.4 users? Buy it again? I think this sucks !!
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 05-23-09 at 03:33 AM.
    05-23-09 03:22 AM
    What about current and loyal 1.4 users? Buy it again? I think this sucks !!
    the update is free.
    05-23-09 03:49 AM
    Am I the only one who still has flicker problem using 148 with the new update.

Because i notice when you have a big list of short cut that it starts to flicker again.
    My list is very long & I upgraded over v1.4.x, did a reset with MeterBerry & all is well for me on .148. Maybe reinstall QL.

~X

05-23-09 05:24 AM
    the update is free.
    Apologies for my frustration in trying to find the download. Onlyblackberry sent me an update e-mail notification of the update and correct it did not cost a penny. Thank you for your efforts!
    05-23-09 06:35 AM
    All media works fine for me.

@ CA (or beta testers if allowed to say)

Does v2 also move the menu over in order to fix the flicker? v1.5 was flush when it over wrote v1.4.x but memory dropped like a rock and it was after a reset that it shifted over from the edge. Also I don't frequent the v2.0 beta forum as I'm not a tester but was wondering if there's an eta set for v2.0?

TIA

~X

Moving the QL window over is what fixed it, there's a bug in the OS that doesn't allow a pop up window near the edge of the screen, that's what was causing the flicker. Yes QL is moved over in 2.0
    05-23-09 07:03 AM
    Thank you for the fix...it was sorely missed in .148!!

Looking forward to 2.0...
    05-23-09 07:17 AM
    My list is very long & I upgraded over v1.4.x, did a reset with MeterBerry & all is well for me on .148. Maybe reinstall QL.

~X

i just found out that it is Theme related. QL with a long list is totally useless with Ecruz's Ubuntu theme.
    05-23-09 08:29 AM
    i cant get this update from app world yet can i? any way i can get a link to DL... i so regret buying anything from the app world.. its so much faster and more convenient to update via crackberry/mobihand
    05-23-09 11:42 AM
    i just found out that it is Theme related. QL with a long list is totally useless with Ecruz's Ubuntu theme.
    2.0 will have folders so long lists will be a thing of the past when it releases
    05-23-09 11:50 AM
    It's not the long list that is the problem. The 'problem' is that certain themes have popups with thick borders. If the theme has a thick border then it will put the QL menu a few pixels closer to the edge of the screen. If you have a theme that you absolutely want to use then i can make a custom QL for you that moves it over again a pixel or 2.

QL 2.0 will check if you have versions 141 or 148 and when loaded the first time will enable this fix. In QL Options you can disable this fix if you have a patched os which i prefer because it allows me to move QL back to it's original position where I designed it.

I suspect 5.0 will not have this problem as 5.0 works perfectly on the other devices.

thanks.
    05-23-09 02:44 PM
    It's not the long list that is the problem. The 'problem' is that certain themes have popups with thick borders. If the theme has a thick border then it will put the QL menu a few pixels closer to the edge of the screen. If you have a theme that you absolutely want to use then i can make a custom QL for you that moves it over again a pixel or 2.

QL 2.0 will check if you have versions 141 or 148 and when loaded the first time will enable this fix. In QL Options you can disable this fix if you have a patched os which i prefer because it allows me to move QL back to it's original position where I designed it.

I suspect 5.0 will not have this problem as 5.0 works perfectly on the other devices.

thanks.
    Over a month ago you shared that v2.0 would be released within 2 weeks and thats well over a month ago.
    Can you share when now?
    I feel like I'll be dead and buried before 2 comes out.
    05-23-09 03:29 PM
    Tuesday for sure.
    05-23-09 03:37 PM
    Tuesday for sure.
    Ok I'll conside it a date!

I purchased version 1.4 at the end of 3/09 will there be a charge for version 2?
    Thanks
    05-23-09 03:40 PM
    Thanks Cheetah for 1.5 and looking forward to the new 2.0
    05-23-09 06:09 PM
    Moving the QL window over is what fixed it, there's a bug in the OS that doesn't allow a pop up window near the edge of the screen, that's what was causing the flicker. Yes QL is moved over in 2.0
    Thanks for the update Lyle! I read further on in a post from CA where he (and possibly the beta testers) have an option to move it back to the edge in v2.0 which is heads up thinking.

@CA would it be possible for you to create a "position" menu pop-up that would allow people/theme devs to select something a range from say -10px to +10px (or more) to add theme creativity & avoid possible future OS problems? The thought sounded interesting to me but I don't code.

~X
    Looking forward to v2.0 on Tuesday!

Last edited by xwera43; 05-24-09 at 06:59 AM.
    05-24-09 06:57 AM
    THANK YOU. Also look forward to 2.0. I'm sure all this drama over the months has stressed many - including you Cheeta. But in hind sight any news- good or bad is good publicity in the end. In the long run this excercise was probably beneficial to customers, developers and companies. People will learn from this. Hopefully, everybody's mailboxes won't spike and overflow again anytime soon....There are always unforeseen events.
    05-24-09 07:06 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD