No ideas. I know it's not QL. It's really impossible for QL to drain the battery or memory.
    why don't you pull your battery for 30 secs and see what happens.
    then if you want you can uninstall ql and reinstall.
    05-06-09 06:25 PM
    Hey CA. I haven't installed anything else and have done a few battery pulls since I noticed the battery draining.

Am currently sitting at 7% per hour for drain and lost 5% in the past hour without even touching my device.

Memory has actually increased since I downloaded QL to be honest with you...

Any ideas?
    can you list all the apps you have installed on ur device?
    05-06-09 06:34 PM
    No ideas. I know it's not QL. It's really impossible for QL to drain the battery or memory.
    why don't you pull your battery for 30 secs and see what happens.
    then if you want you can uninstall ql and reinstall.
    I will do this. I won't have any results for a while as my battery is pretty much completely drained so I will need to charge it before I can test this out.
    05-06-09 06:39 PM
    can you list all the apps you have installed on ur device?
    APPS:
    BerryTalk, Facebook, Maple Leafs Moblie, Meterberry(updates every hour for both Memory and Battery), Patternlock, QL, THN Mobile(updates on), Weathereye Touch(updates every 60 minutes).

Launchers:
    Redsox.com, Crackberry, FMYLIFE, TSN

Games:
    Berry Labyrinth (Demo), Bubble Burst, Bubble Wrap, Connect Four, Sky Climber, Storm Yahtzee

That is everything I have on my phone that is not a stock app. Only application I have added within the past two weeks is QL so I can't see the battery drain being attributed to one of the other apps (not trying to blame it on QL either just saying)

GPS is turned to E911 only, location aiding off, bluetooth is only ever turned on when I need it. Only apps running right now are standard 5 when you go to switch application and I always close out apps when I am done with them.

Running .122 (TELUS offical release). Backlight set to 20%, timeout set at 20 seconds and LED coverage indicator turned off.

I don't know if there is something else running that shouldn't be or not....any ideas or thoughts are appreciated!
    Last edited by ryaneagles; 05-06-09 at 06:56 PM.
    05-06-09 06:48 PM
    Don't worry. You'll figure it out. You'll see that it won't be QL.
    If there were any probs like that with QL i would have heard about it months ago. Besides, I know what causes that kind of issue and QL isn't doing anything that would cause that. Anyway, you'll be fine I'm sure.
    05-06-09 09:11 PM
    ok, i know that out of those, patternlock and meterberry run in the background. also weather eye. its probably one of those.

i know meterberry had an issue with a version that drained battery and memory, i would make sure you dont have that version.

my suggestion would be to uninstall those 3 apps and then try it. if it goes away you know it was one of them (most likely it is, they are background apps) and then install them one at a time and test. this will tell you whats up.

i can vouch that it is not quick launch, besides the fact its a great app, it also doesnt run in the background, so its unlikely to be your cause.

APPS:
    BerryTalk, Facebook, Maple Leafs Moblie, Meterberry(updates every hour for both Memory and Battery), Patternlock, QL, THN Mobile(updates on), Weathereye Touch(updates every 60 minutes).

Launchers:

Games:
    Berry Labyrinth (Demo), Bubble Burst, Bubble Wrap, Connect Four, Sky Climber, Storm Yahtzee

That is everything I have on my phone that is not a stock app. Only application I have added within the past two weeks is QL so I can't see the battery drain being attributed to one of the other apps (not trying to blame it on QL either just saying)

GPS is turned to E911 only, location aiding off, bluetooth is only ever turned on when I need it. Only apps running right now are standard 5 when you go to switch application and I always close out apps when I am done with them.

Running .122 (TELUS offical release). Backlight set to 20%, timeout set at 20 seconds and LED coverage indicator turned off.

I don't know if there is something else running that shouldn't be or not....any ideas or thoughts are appreciated!
    05-07-09 01:25 AM
    APPS:

Launchers:

Games:

Your problem is: Redsox.com
    They will totally suck the life out of you by the end of the season!

05-07-09 06:30 AM
    Your problem is: Redsox.com
    They will totally suck the life out of you by the end of the season!

hahaha... That gave me a good laugh..
    05-07-09 12:27 PM
    In another thread, FB 1.5 is causing problems. That might be your issue.
    05-07-09 02:29 PM
    Anyone have Telus .141?
    People are telling me QL works on that. Can someone verify this if they can please?
    05-07-09 02:36 PM
    Anyone have Telus .141?
    People are telling me QL works on that. Can someone verify this if they can please?
    Negative. Telus's .141 is the same as all the other carrier's .141. v4.7.0.141_P4.0.0.174 is the same no matter what carrier.
    05-07-09 03:11 PM
    So it seems Weather Eye Touch was the issue with my battery. I deleted it off my phone and since then I sit steady at 2-4% battery loss per hour. I know I had read this was the case for other users as well but it's weird because I never noticed it until I had QL downloaded. I use QL a lot more and then I would ever use the weather eye and it is just as easy to log onto the weather network via my phones browser which I launch with QL anyways!

Just wanted to post this CA to let you know I found the issue and you was 100% correct that it was not QL.

Thanks for your help!
    05-10-09 05:42 PM
    Cool. Thanks. 2.0 is coming along nicely. The new features are pretty cool.
    05-10-09 05:47 PM
    Can't wait to try it out!
    05-10-09 08:34 PM
    Coming any fix for 1.4 version and .141 fw storm issue?
    I bought 1.4 version and I loved it for only two days... then .141 upgrade and QL didn't work any more.
    I prefer not to downgrade because .141 made my storm a real business phone.

I know 2.0 will be better but 1.4 is what I have got.

Thanx
    05-14-09 02:58 AM
    How come this person's question wasn't answered:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/qu...ml#post2186588

It's the same question I have. If you can access your SMS and Email inboxes separately via icons on the screen, you should be able to access them separately in QL. QL defaults to net_rim_bb_messaging_app for Email and SMS inbox and there's no way to switch from one to the other without the icons on the home screen.

It's not that big of an issue to use the icons, but the whole point of QL is being able to be in a game or another app and be able to use QL to view new incoming Email or SMS messages without exiting out of your game to click on the icons.

Hope that makes sense.
    05-16-09 07:33 AM
    Hello,
    I was wondering when you were releasing version 2.0?
    You shared that it would be within 2 weeks and its been about 5 weeks now.

Any idea of the release and will there be a charge to those who have supported your efforts by purchasing the previous version?

Thanks
    05-16-09 09:34 AM
    How come this person's question wasn't answered:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/qu...ml#post2186588

It's the same question I have. If you can access your SMS and Email inboxes separately via icons on the screen, you should be able to access them separately in QL. QL defaults to net_rim_bb_messaging_app for Email and SMS inbox and there's no way to switch from one to the other without the icons on the home screen.

It's not that big of an issue to use the icons, but the whole point of QL is being able to be in a game or another app and be able to use QL to view new incoming Email or SMS messages without exiting out of your game to click on the icons.

Hope that makes sense.
    This question has been answered many times.
    That's the way the OS works. RIM doesn't provide access to folders.
    The same app is used for email and sms. The difference is folders. QL can launch the messaging app. If you want email and sms to appear in one message box set your email options to combined.
    05-16-09 03:07 PM
    Hello,
    I was wondering when you were releasing version 2.0?
    You shared that it would be within 2 weeks and its been about 5 weeks now.

Any idea of the release and will there be a charge to those who have supported your efforts by purchasing the previous version?

Thanks
    It will be released soon. Don't know when. Don't want to release before it's ready. Details of 2.0 will be released at release day as I haven't decided yet.
    05-16-09 03:09 PM
    If you want email and sms to appear in one message box set your email options to combined.
    That will work. Thanks for replying.
    05-16-09 05:48 PM
270 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD