Once QL is up, hit the BB button, click on edit item..
    Thanks, When I had QL open I clicked on Add items and I was good to go.
    02-04-09 04:51 PM
    Just sent you another email with my new PIN. Thanks
    02-04-09 05:25 PM
    Its only for making calls, I promise. O=) I don't have VAD on my phone.
    Cheetah, don't contribute to Omie's deliquency; California is a "hands free" cell phone state.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 05:32 PM
    When I try to add an application to QL, I only get three options of phone, messaging, and qm???? Why can't I set, lets say, "Garmin Mobile" as a QL item????

OK got it, I have to have the application that I want to add running in the background.
    Last edited by qballis; 02-04-09 at 06:02 PM.
    02-04-09 05:33 PM
    When I try to add an application to QL, I only get three options of phone, messaging, and qm???? Why can't I set, lets say, "Garmin Mobile" as a QL item????

OK got it, I have to have the application that I want to add running in the background.
    You good with it now?
    If not you can have Garmin Mobile on QL, I do. I think by your message that you edited you figured it out if not let me know.
    02-05-09 12:58 AM
    You good with it now?
    If not you can have Garmin Mobile on QL, I do. I think by your message that you edited you figured it out if not let me know.
    Nice observation....what clued you in? The fact that he edited his post stating "oh, I got it'? Good work buddy!
    02-05-09 01:13 AM
    I sent the following via direct email but have not yet heard back. I thought I would share. Please accept my apologies if these have been discussed already.

Gratz on the app, very nice. After purchasing this today I have a question if I may.

Do you intend to offer the opportunity of adding web links using a browser other than the standard browser (i.e. Opera mini)?

Some issues I have encountered so far:

I cannot access MSN Messenger using the app (error: Uncaught exception: DSC: Duplicate Sync Collection). Are you aware of this? Do you intend to fix this to make MSN messenger available? This one is important to me personally.

I seem to have similar problems with the media player but I see that this is already covered in this thread.

When I am using Opera mini, the quicklaunch menu does not work using the convenience key I have set up. I suspect this is a �feature� of Opera however I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Lastly, a suggestion that may make life a little easier setting up the app:

I suggest that when adding a new application, the menu name should default to the application name. While not always correct, it at least saves some input for apps that have a sensible name as opposed to now where I have to type the name in from scratch.

Thanks for listening.

Slojo
    02-05-09 03:51 AM
    I sent the following via direct email but have not yet heard back. I thought I would share. Please accept my apologies if these have been discussed already.

Gratz on the app, very nice. After purchasing this today I have a question if I may.

Do you intend to offer the opportunity of adding web links using a browser other than the standard browser (i.e. Opera mini)?

Some issues I have encountered so far:

I cannot access MSN Messenger using the app (error: Uncaught exception: DSC: Duplicate Sync Collection). Are you aware of this? Do you intend to fix this to make MSN messenger available? This one is important to me personally.

I seem to have similar problems with the media player but I see that this is already covered in this thread.

When I am using Opera mini, the quicklaunch menu does not work using the convenience key I have set up. I suspect this is a �feature� of Opera however I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Lastly, a suggestion that may make life a little easier setting up the app:

I suggest that when adding a new application, the menu name should default to the application name. While not always correct, it at least saves some input for apps that have a sensible name as opposed to now where I have to type the name in from scratch.

Thanks for listening.

Slojo

Slojo....only thing that I can comment on is the one about the convience key not working while in Opera. That goes for all browsers so far, BB Browser, Bolt and Opera. Not sure what it is at all but it has been known at least. Good catch though.

I will see if I can install MSN Messenger and let you know if I get the same error you are getting.

I do not know about the quicklinks to the other browsers at all. I think it is a RIM thing where you are not able to select the default browser at all. I know that was one of the 9 or 10 things to change and want to see in 2009 from RIM on the BlackBerry article that Kevin posted a little while back. I believe it has been brought up but not sure if it is even possible at all.

I will let you know what I find out with MSN Messenger if I get it installed soon enough. Hope your liking the app so far.
    02-05-09 04:11 AM
    Nice observation....what clued you in? The fact that he edited his post stating "oh, I got it'? Good work buddy!
    Yeah whatever....I noticed it at the end but was not sure and well instead of hitting delete I hit submit just in case.....thanks though buddy for catching me up I think I needed it
    02-05-09 04:13 AM
    I will let you know what I find out with MSN Messenger if I get it installed soon enough. Hope your liking the app so far.
    Thanks for the reply jdkluck. I am indeed liking the app very much so far. It would be sweet if the gaps can be filled but hey, that's the story of the storm so far (lol). Keep up the good work, much appreciated.

Slojo.
    02-05-09 04:24 AM
    Great Program! This has the potential to make my life so much easier.

I am running a Storm 9530 (verizon) with the 0.75 OS.

I bought QL and installed it this morning, had a problem, deleted and reinstalled it with all Permissions set to Allow. I have also dled, printed, and read the manual

When I click the QL icon I get the drop down list but no QL screen. When I go to add Applicatione the only options I am given in the drop-down list are Epocrates, net_rim_bb_phone_app and net_rim_bb_messenger_app. According to the Manual, I SHOULD see Bolt, Slacker, WeatherBug, and Google Maps (how about Viigo).

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob Kirsch ([email protected])
    02-05-09 09:22 AM
    Great Program! This has the potential to make my life so much easier.

I am running a Storm 9530 (verizon) with the 0.75 OS.

I bought QL and installed it this morning, had a problem, deleted and reinstalled it with all Permissions set to Allow. I have also dled, printed, and read the manual

When I click the QL icon I get the drop down list but no QL screen. When I go to add Applicatione the only options I am given in the drop-down list are Epocrates, net_rim_bb_phone_app and net_rim_bb_messenger_app. According to the Manual, I SHOULD see Bolt, Slacker, WeatherBug, and Google Maps (how about Viigo).

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob Kirsch ([email protected])
    Make sure that any app you want added to QL is running in the background. You will only need to have the app running this one time, after that you can just launch from QL.
    02-05-09 09:46 AM
    That worked. Thanks all.

R
    02-05-09 12:12 PM
    I've made a trial version for those interested in trying before you buy.

Trial version thread is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/qu...ilable-152892/
    02-05-09 02:22 PM
    Bought QL last night and love it.

I have some other launchers (like my Yahoo finance portfolio, and others) with great icons, but cannot seem to get them integrated without some pretty intense copy/paste/getlink info, but I got most of it done on the fly last night.

Love the app! For those not sure yet - SPEND THE $5 and do it!
    02-05-09 02:59 PM
    i am having trouble upgrading since i paid for it with paypal. ive searched the forums and cannot find an answer other than cheetah saying to pm him. is this what i need to do? thanks in advance!
    02-05-09 03:33 PM
    I can't even get QL to show up if Opera Mini is running. It won't overlay for whatever reason.
    02-05-09 03:36 PM
    Just installed the new quicklaunch on my storm. Works great except it won't launch MSN Msgr. Says "Uncaught exception: DSC: Duplicate Sync Collection"
    Any ideas, anyone???????
    02-05-09 03:41 PM
    i am having trouble upgrading since i paid for it with paypal. ive searched the forums and cannot find an answer other than cheetah saying to pm him. is this what i need to do? thanks in advance!
    What do you mean trouble upgrading? If you haven't received your download link and activation code, yes just PM Cheetah and he will email you your stuff. Cheetah's a great guy and will take care of it.
    02-05-09 03:43 PM
    Just installed the new quicklaunch on my storm. Works great except it won't launch MSN Msgr. Says "Uncaught exception: DSC: Duplicate Sync Collection"
    Any ideas, anyone???????
    Yes MSN messenger is not functioning through QL, I think Cheetah is working on that.
    02-05-09 03:46 PM
    is it a bug, a feature to be added or intended behavior that i cant close the quick launch list with the red end key and i cant close the device info window the the red end key either? i have to use the back key.
    02-05-09 04:27 PM
    is it a bug, a feature to be added or intended behavior that i cant close the quick launch list with the red end key and i cant close the device info window the the red end key either? i have to use the back key.
    I'm not sure, Cheetah's going to have to answer that one. Believe it or not, I never noticed that before because I use the Back button to exit or I click on one of the links in QL.
    02-05-09 04:43 PM
    This is a feature. You can close QL with the cancel key or hitting any convenience key or choosing exit from the QL menu.
    02-05-09 05:02 PM
    Any ideas, anyone???????
    MSN msngr doesn't work with QL. Maybe MS will change their program because I can't get it to work.
    02-05-09 05:02 PM
    I can't even get QL to show up if Opera Mini is running. It won't overlay for whatever reason.
    Opera mini takes over the screen and won't let anything overlay on top of it.
    02-05-09 05:03 PM
378 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD