Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, although I have read many posts thanks to Google searches I'm really hoping someone can help with my problem, I can't find an answer anywhere!!

I've just upgraded to the BB Bold 9900 & on the first day I got it, it updated the OS to 7.1 - This enabled NFC. I downloaded Quick Tap Treats and thought I was ready to go. Popped into EAT this afternoon to test it out & I kept getting a notice saying that it was only available to Orange customers.

I've spoken to Orange reps instore (who were NO help whatsoever, they never seem to know anything!). They guessed that maybe I didn't have NFC turned on (I did), or that it wasn't available for my device (It is), that I should delete and reinstall the app (This did nothing). Eventually they told me that because I'd bought the handset from Phones 4U, that was why Quick Tap Treats wouldn't work.

My OH phoned P4U, who told him that was complete rubbish and they'd not heard of anyone else having problems, they suggested it was perhaps because my OS needed to update from 7.0 to 7.1 - which it has!

I am at a loss.. Has anyone else had this problem? I'd really like to get it resolved.
    05-07-12 12:29 PM
    I googled briefly to find out how that app is working.
    It looks like that if you don't have TagCenter installed, then the app tried to open a web page where you can play on the browser-based app.

Do you have Tagcenter installed?

Proxama develops Quick Tap Treats promotion for Orange in UK
    05-08-12 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD