Recently upgraded from the free version to Pro. It's set to pull each morning @ 7:00. However, with the free version, the pull was automatic. With the Pro version, each morning I get a message asking me if I want to reboot now or later. Is this normal? Part of the message says that a module needs a reboot. I've installed the program twice.
    01-02-10 01:25 PM
    set all ur permissions to allow for the program...mine will still display the same message still but it will reboot if a selection is not made
    01-02-10 02:07 PM
    on this same note,
    what does the pro add? i cant see it having anything else that the "lite" doesnt..
    i cant imagine it has anything else unless no adds??
    01-02-10 02:10 PM
    on this same note,
    what does the pro add? i cant see it having anything else that the "lite" doesnt..
    i cant imagine it has anything else unless no adds??
    That's about it.
    01-04-10 05:11 PM
    In dummy terms....what advantage does quick pull give you?? I see alot of posts about it but don't understand why you need it?
    01-04-10 10:45 PM
    Don't believe the lite version allows you to set "scheduled pulls" either daily, weekly, etc.

Also don't believe the lite version will prompt you when your memory gets below a certain threshold that you set, asking if you would like to quickpull
    01-05-10 12:13 AM
    Don't believe the lite version allows you to set "scheduled pulls" either daily, weekly, etc.

Also don't believe the lite version will prompt you when your memory gets below a certain threshold that you set, asking if you would like to quickpull
    I have quickpull lite and it allows me to set a threshold and prompts me to quickpull actually

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 12:28 AM
    Sorry to hijack, but I was curious about an app I found in my list.

It is called Quick pull Lib 3.6.3 and underneath I have a reset 0.0. Is it safe to remove these 2 from my 3rd party apps?

01-05-10 06:09 AM
    I used the Free version for over a month. I decided to get the Pro version because I had been pleased with the free version, and I found the Pro version bundled with AutoStandby. The Pro version works perfectly for me. When I wake up in the morning, the screen is fresh. No "Thank you for using QuickPull Free", no "OK" to click. No artifacts on the home screen after clicking OK.

And by the way, AutoStandy works perfectly too, and it doesn't interfere with the scheduled QuickPull.
    01-05-10 01:02 PM
    It's like rebooting a PC. I lose about 5 MB every day. QuickPull gets them back. I have also tried a couple of "Memory Cleaners" and they don't do much. Maximizing your available memory is especially important on a Curve, which doesn't have much to begin with.
    01-05-10 01:07 PM

It is called Quick pull Lib 3.6.3 and underneath I have a reset 0.0. Is it safe to remove these 2 from my 3rd party apps?

For the two files you speak of I have noticed the same thing on mine and I just deleted them and it came back. I even deleted Quickpull and re-installed the program and they both came back, I think it is needed for the program to run properly...

As for the reset feature I think that it won't reset if you have the screen locked. I have Meterberry and it wouldn't reset because I had the Storm Slider activated. If it is just left alone without locking then it reset perfectly fine. I think it will do the same for Quickpull..... Give it a try and set the time without the screen locked and see if it works.....
    01-05-10 01:14 PM

There's another thread here today about QuickPull Lib. I never had it in my app list. I just see "Quick Pull", and when I had the free version I had "QuickPull Free". I never saw Reset in my app list either.
    01-05-10 01:16 PM
    There's another thread here today about QuickPull Lib. I never had it in my app list. I just see "Quick Pull", and when I had the free version I had "QuickPull Free". I never saw Reset in my app list either.

I have the free version as well, but I still see the quick pull lib and the rest underneath. My app does not say quick pull Free either??

Strange?
    01-05-10 04:20 PM
    @kostnkost,
    check your quickpull permissions -- I lifted this from steelthorn website:

1. Go to Options > Applications
    2. Press Menu > "Edit Default Permissions"
    3. Set all three categories to "Allow"
    4. Menu > Save
    5. Do another real battery pull.
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 01-05-10 at 05:30 PM. Reason: my 99th post - next post makes me an Abuser!
    01-05-10 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD