With that new, free (updated I guess) edition of Quick Pull, is there anyway to get rid of that stupid advertisement that pops up every time the phone reboots? I'm not sure if anyone notices it or knows what I'm talking about but I have mine set to reboot at 3:15am every morning. When I wake up, there is that "pop up" that says something like thanks for using quick pull (advertised by yellowpages.com I think) and then I have to click OK. Can I get rid of that? I love quick pull but that stupid advertisement is getting old.

And while we're on the topic of resets, at the bottom of the meterberry, there is a "reset daily at" option...is that basically the same thing as quick pull?
    12-18-09 07:03 PM
    With that new, free (updated I guess) edition of Quick Pull, is there anyway to get rid of that stupid advertisement that pops up every time the phone reboots? I'm not sure if anyone notices it or knows what I'm talking about but I have mine set to reboot at 3:15am every morning. When I wake up, there is that "pop up" that says something like thanks for using quick pull (advertised by yellowpages.com I think) and then I have to click OK. Can I get rid of that? I love quick pull but that stupid advertisement is getting old.
    No, this is how they give it to you free, by getting money for ads.
    QuickPull 2.X was totally free, but without as many features.
    They decided to bump it up to QuickPull Free, with all of the same features as QuickPull Pro. So you're paying $3 or seeing the ads.

And while we're on the topic of resets, at the bottom of the meterberry, there is a "reset daily at" option...is that basically the same thing as quick pull?
    Yes, I believe so. I actually only purchased MeterBerry yesterday myself, but I've seen that feature discussed here before.
    Try it out for the weekend and post back!
    12-18-09 08:18 PM
    But I didn't pay for it, (I have Quick Pull 3.5.4) that's what I'm getting at. For some reason I updated it and there are no new option or anything, just the stupid advertisment. Can I just uninstall it and install the regular version? All I wanted was for it to reboot while I was sleeping. The only options I have right now is the Sced option and Monitor option. Thats it.

And I just got meterberry myself and just noticed the option so maby I'll give that a go and I can get rid of quick pull all together.
    12-18-09 09:22 PM
    The new one is not as good as the simple old one .. regret we can not get it back .... I no longer automatically re-set daily after the phone wakes in the AM because of the stupid messages. I use it only for 'emergencies'.
    12-18-09 10:30 PM
    So I can't delete the version (of Quick Pull) I have now and download the older one so I can get rid of that stupid advertisment? I liked how simple it was. It would just reboot my phone at 3:30am and then I'd wake up and that's that. Now the first thing I see is the yellowpages.com advertisment and have to click OK.

So I just tried the reboot with meterberry (because when I have my reboot set with Quick Pull its always on the charger so it was on the charger now when I tried the reset with meterberry) and all it did was turn the red LED on and just stay like that. I finally unplugged it and then it reboot itself. I don't know what that was all about cause I wouldn't have my phone reset during the day when I use it the most.

Edit: So just a heads up, when I had my phone plugged in charging, I was at work. You know how when you plug the phone in it tries to install the software and that whole 9 yards? Well when I plugged my phone in, I had an "ADMIN" screen pop up saying I don't have sufficient privileges to install this software so I just clicked cancel. I'm just curious if maybe that had something to do with the meterberry reset not working. Normally with my Quick Pull I have it on the cradle at home so maybe when the phone was plugged into the computer here at work and none of the software was recognized, that's why it just sat there with the red LED on. When it's on the cradle, obviously it's just strictly charging so I will try the reset with meterberry tomorrow while it's on the charging cradle and see if then it does reset. If it does, that would be great cause then I could get rid of Quick Pull all together. I will update tomorrow.
    Last edited by meyer; 12-18-09 at 11:35 PM.
    12-18-09 11:14 PM
    No, this is how they give it to you free, by getting money for ads.
    QuickPull 2.X was totally free, but without as many features.
    They decided to bump it up to QuickPull Free, with all of the same features as QuickPull Pro. So you're paying $3 or seeing the ads.
    I just read that right...I thought that read you're paying $3 TOO see the ads...now it makes sense. I hope that meterberry works on my charging pod. I'll test is tomorrow and see.
    12-19-09 01:25 AM
    I upgraded from the old version when this came out. I deleted it the next morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 02:39 AM
    I just deleted the free Quick Pro. Meterberry will reset the phone just like Quick Pull does. The problem I was having when I tried it the first time (with meterberry) was the phone was connected to a computer (I was just charging it) but didn't have admin rights to install the software so when the phone reboot, all I got was just the red LED and that was it. So last night I used Meterberry on my cradle and reset fine. So good bye Quick Pull and your stupid advertisments.
    12-19-09 02:29 PM
    Yeah I too made the mistake of upgrading the free version of quickpull and afterwards saw it then had ads.
    I deleted it not long afterwards just opt to "Alt,right shift,Del" instead of using that app now.

12-19-09 06:04 PM
    Yeah I too made the mistake of upgrading the free version of quickpull and afterwards saw it then had ads.
    I deleted it not long afterwards just opt to "Alt,right shift,Del" instead of using that app now.

I just use the good ol' alt, shift, delete as well
    12-19-09 06:49 PM
    I just read that right...I thought that read you're paying $3 TOO see the ads...now it makes sense. I hope that meterberry works on my charging pod. I'll test is tomorrow and see.
    Haha no problem. As I read through your responses, I thought you misunderstood me! Anyway, glad you figured it out.

I tried to reset with MeterBerry yesterday, but got an error.
    QP Free and QuickLaunch both reset no problem. Maybe MeterBerry isn't compatible with OS 5.0 yet?

12-20-09 06:35 AM
    Haha no problem. As I read through your responses, I thought you misunderstood me! Anyway, glad you figured it out.

I tried to reset with MeterBerry yesterday, but got an error.
    QP Free and QuickLaunch both reset no problem. Maybe MeterBerry isn't compatible with OS 5.0 yet?

The current version of Meterberry IS compatible with 5.0. I use on my S2 and works great.
    12-20-09 08:44 AM
    Just for the record, I do realize that it boils down to "personal preferences", but SERIOUSLY, pushing a button that says "ok" after a reboot is really THAT big of a deal?
    I mean c'mon, the app does what it's supposed to do (@ least my copy does) and we should be grateful it's FREE

If you want a "SPAM FREE APP", then PAY for one.
    Simple as that!
    12-20-09 08:53 AM
    Haven't upgraded and have no intentions to now.

If you guys will go look in apps world though, there is another free program written to do this called "restart" if I recall correctly. It basically does the same thing from what I read.
    12-20-09 09:39 AM
    It's not a big deal at all seeing it's free, just a nuisance...no matter, meterberry is where it's at.
    12-20-09 02:04 PM
    I still have quickpull lite w/o the ads -- thanks for the thread so I know not to upgrade.
    12-20-09 02:39 PM
    The current version of Meterberry IS compatible with 5.0. I use on my S2 and works great.
    Everything works great for me with it, except the Reset Device feature. I got a series of 2 or 3 strange error messages I'd never seen before.

Now I will say that I have NOT tried editing the Permissions yet. I bet that will fix it, but I just haven't bothered yet.
    12-20-09 07:40 PM
    Haven't upgraded and have no intentions to now.

If you guys will go look in apps world though, there is another free program written to do this called "restart" if I recall correctly. It basically does the same thing from what I read.
    It's not a big deal at all seeing it's free, just a nuisance...no matter, meterberry is where it's at.
    I still have quickpull lite w/o the ads -- thanks for the thread so I know not to upgrade.
    There is one additional feature with QuickPull Free 3.XX that isn't mentioned yet in this thread. This version allows you to set Reboots for specific days of the week. For example, you could set it to reboot every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 4:00 am.

I also don't think the ad is a big deal.
    And actually I haven't even seen it every time I've used QuickPull Free. (shhh, don't tell the developer!)

PS That other app is RestartMe by S4BB. Available on App World and App Store. I've never tried as I already have 3 other apps that do this, plus 10 fingers that can pull the battery or type ALT+R.SHIFT+DEL. So give it a try of you don't like QuickPull and don't want to pay for QuickLaunch or MeterBerry.
    12-20-09 07:46 PM
    Yea I used quickpull to reboot my phone for memory and it reloaded with an error. Had to wipe jl_cmder and reinstall OS. Thank you QuickPull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-20-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD