Has anyone ever used this app, if so what did you think of it?
    02-22-09 10:09 PM
    Yes. I think it is nice if you want to have something that will automatically simulate a battery pull while lets say you are asleep. Other than that I have no need for it.

You will really get all the answers you need from a quick search of the forums....

Best of luck
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-22-09 at 10:13 PM.
    02-22-09 10:10 PM
    It's great. You don't have to pull your battery out, which I think is a rather archaic way of dealing with memory leakage. It's the one thing that does my head in about the BB. It's ridiculous that it's standard practice to remove your battery while the phone is switched on. wtf? That's like saying pull your power cable out the back of your pc! Once a day, preferably...

OK, it's not the same, but it's just as ridiculous. It indicates a faulty device. Quickpull is at least more elegant.
    02-22-09 10:31 PM
    I've had QuickPull on my device since the day I bought it. Just like the previous poster said, it really simplifies the battery pull process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:40 PM
    I don't know what I would do without QuickPull. I don't have to take my skin off my phone and it saves me from accidentally dropping my phone whule fimbling around with my battery. Plus I can just set it to reboot when I am not around or sleeping.

02-22-09 10:50 PM
    Quickpull is great. Saves on wear and tear on your battery door, and battery contacts too.

Plus, I can never remember the Alt, Shift, Del key combination to press for a soft reset.

02-22-09 11:06 PM
    I can see the benefits of having it but don't think I would use it much. I don't have to do batt pulls but every now and again.
    02-22-09 11:14 PM
    Will it reset while the phone is in standby?

claire
    02-22-09 11:17 PM

claire
    You mean if its a scheduled reset? I dunno, I never use that feature.

Hopefully someone else will jump in and answer your query.

02-22-09 11:28 PM
    I read on here once that it did not but when I read the post I looked at the date, that was just weeks after it was released. Maybe they changed something? Hopefully wmn or Z will see this thread....
    02-22-09 11:38 PM

claire
    I just tried it in my holster. I waited until 40 secs into the scheduled reset and took it out of the holster. It was sat at the option page with Restart Now and Restart Later buttons - the one accompanied by the statement about some module or other and it being notification 1 of 5. Once it was out of the holster it soon progressed into the reset, but it would have just sat at this option page if I hadn't taken it out.

So, no it won't.
    02-23-09 12:22 AM
    A top notch app and you can't beat the price. One of only a few apps that I will never delete. It works if your BB is in standby.
    02-23-09 06:39 AM
    Which one do you think is better QuickPull or SoftReset? I just downloaded QuickPull for my Pearl 8120?
    02-23-09 06:55 AM
    What's the difference between this and soft reset? Why would you pay for this app when soft reset is free? I use that one and it works fine on my Pearl. You can't schedule resets, however with soft reset.
    02-23-09 07:12 AM
    They both do the same thing, but i like quick pull better because you can put it on a schedule to do a pull like, say when your sleeping.
    02-23-09 07:18 AM
    What's the difference between this and soft reset? Why would you pay for this app when soft reset is free? I use that one and it works fine on my Pearl. You can't schedule resets, however with soft reset.
    I'm not sure where your trying to get quick pull from but I've always found it for free.

02-23-09 10:42 AM
    There may actually be a difference. QuickPull actually simulates a battery pull. I believe it actually does a double alt + rt shft + del, which is a hard reset. I'm not familiar with Soft Reset, but if it's true to the name it probably does a single single alt + rt shft + del, which is a soft reset. I believe it was developed for the Pearl on which you can't do the alt + rt shft + del combination.
    02-23-09 11:07 AM
    Definitely a keeper app. Although, I do not use it much.
    02-23-09 12:23 PM
    Yeah, I think you got ripped off cause I got QuickPull for free. I like it, it's better than having to take out the battery.
    02-23-09 01:50 PM
    So Ive had my blackberry storm for all of about 2 months now. i was just getting used to it when i did the new update and it changed everything. Now the soft reset no longer works and without it the most free memory i can seem to have is 5.8 and ive tried everything. ive heard of quick pull, but how do i get it and is it free??
    12-01-09 12:26 AM
    I use to use the free version of quickpull til they added the ads on it .I just do a soft reset now if I need to.

soft reset ---> right shift,+ del,+ alt(all 3 keys at once)

below is link to free version for 9530(storm) be sure to choose correct OS one for your phone before you download if you get

QuickPull Free - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by DavidNC; 12-01-09 at 05:41 AM. Reason: link added
    12-01-09 05:23 AM
    I have this app but have not used it so far.
    12-01-09 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD