I have been using BBSmart Shortcuts on my Bold since I first got it. It's assigned to a convenience key and it can open apps, switch to calendar,e-mails, etc, while on another website, and can multi-task very well. Can anyone tell me if Quicklaunch is any better or different than BBSmart Shortcuts?
    03-01-09 02:07 PM
    I only played briefly with the BBSmart Shortcuts. I couldn't get some apps to show up (they weren't in the list of items to choose), and when I asked support for help, I never received an answer (that was a couple of emails about 6 weeks ago). I sent an email to the Quicklaunch author just asking if there was any beta testers needed and when the app was planned to be released, and received an email with beta information and anticipated release date within a few minutes (around midnight one night). That's one reason why I like QL. I also prefer the simplicity of a single menu rather than the setup BBSmart Shortcuts has. But that's just me. There should be a trial version of QL soon, and you can make your own determination.

(And come to think of it, I can't remember hearing back from BBSmart on over half the support requests I've sent. I was pretty bummed about that.)

Addendum: I should add that QL has a few apps that do not work with it (the builtin media app and some 3rd party IM apps), but I was quickly given an answer as to why it didn't and what he has done to try and make them work. Knowing that is half the battle and eases my mind a bit. Communication is a good thing. (Which is why we all have Blackberry devices.)
    Last edited by applejosh; 03-01-09 at 02:17 PM.
    03-01-09 02:15 PM
    I use Shortcuts all the time and I do like it. I might give Quicklaunch a try (especially if they offer a trial) to see how different it is.
    It just looks like Quicklaunch doesn't do things that differently than what BBsmart Shortcuts does.
    03-01-09 02:20 PM
    They both accomplish my goal of being able to access most of my programs with fewer clicks. I just prefer the layout and support response time with QL.
    03-01-09 03:30 PM
    I own both and I prefer Quicklaunch. A lot simpler and a ton easier to use.
    03-01-09 04:01 PM
    Thanks. I will give it a try.
    03-01-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD