Hi people, I've recently gotten a notification telling me that my Quick Launch now has a new update available for it to take it from 2.17 to 3.4.

However, when I go in to BB App world (the latest one) and click on update it takes me to a page where I have to pay?!

Its a great app and all that but I don't think its right that I have to pay again for an update. Is this a problem with BB App World or do the makers of QL want me to pay twice?

If it is a problem with BB App World then can somebody help me with how to update without it taking me to a payment page?

Thanks.
    10-02-10 09:58 AM
    Sometimes for a version upgrade 2.0 to 3.0 there is a charge for some of the apps. Most of the incremental updates are usually free. If the current version works fine for you and there is a charge then stay with your same version. I would check their website or email the developer to see if there is an upgrade fee.
    10-02-10 10:19 AM
    It's just like programs on your computer� a service pack is free, but they charge for a new version, usually with an upgrade option that costs less than the full version.

Microsoft won't give XP users Windows 7 for free, and Apple charged users who wanted to upgrade from OS9 to OSX.

CheetahAce, the developer of Quicklaunch, is very active on this forum and provides many, many incremental upgrades along the way. I don't think it's at all unreasonable for him to charge a couple bucks for the occasional new release, and there's no charge for users who bought it very recently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD