I've been searching and searching, but haven't been able to find an answer...how come there's no app that will allow for the creation of custom one key shortcuts to launch applications? Like B=Browser, M=Message, I would love to program V=Viigo or U=UberTwitter.

I know there are apps like ShortcutMe, but even those require the apps to be opened first and I am lazy and don't want the extra step (plus, I am out of convenience keys).

I would understand if RIM simply didn't allow this kind of third party customization, but I have qSMS installed and it works perfectly with just one touch!

Any thoughts???
    09-17-09 03:43 AM
    umm, last I checked the quicklaunch program did this. I have mine set to my left convenience key and it then do the custom shortcut keys for any program or whatever I want.
    09-17-09 06:34 AM
    Believe OP said that's what he did not want was one of the programs that you need a convenience key to use as he is all out of them and just wants to be able to press one key to get an app not 2-3 keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 06:55 AM
    I've been searching and searching, but haven't been able to find an answer...how come there's no app that will allow for the creation of custom one key shortcuts to launch applications? Like B=Browser, M=Message, I would love to program V=Viigo or U=UberTwitter.

I know there are apps like ShortcutMe, but even those require the apps to be opened first and I am lazy and don't want the extra step (plus, I am out of convenience keys).

I would understand if RIM simply didn't allow this kind of third party customization, but I have qSMS installed and it works perfectly with just one touch!
    You can do that with Composer, which is part of the CDK. The unfortunate part of it is that you have to create a custom theme, it can't be added to existing ones (unless you have the THM file).
    09-17-09 08:22 AM
    You can do that with Composer, which is part of the CDK. The unfortunate part of it is that you have to create a custom theme, it can't be added to existing ones (unless you have the THM file).
    Then how does qSMS work?
    09-17-09 01:19 PM
    Then how does qSMS work?
    I didnt say anything about qSMS. I was saying composer can do it.
    09-17-09 03:51 PM
    So then could composer be used to create an app, not a theme, that would allow for custom 1-key shortcuts (just like qSMS or the native BB shortcuts)?

I'd be willing to shell out a few bucks for such an app and I'm sure plenty of others would too.
    09-17-09 07:06 PM
    do u mean plasmic?
    omg im so excited now! been wanting this since forever!
    since im using a custom theme done by myself.. i should be able to implement it yes?
    09-17-09 07:28 PM
    do u mean plasmic?
    omg im so excited now! been wanting this since forever!
    since im using a custom theme done by myself.. i should be able to implement it yes?

Yup plazmic, its part of the Composer program. Then just load the SVG in theme builder.
    09-17-09 07:57 PM
    Yup plazmic, its part of the Composer program. Then just load the SVG in theme builder.
    awesome! it works!!
    thanks so much bro!
    09-17-09 08:03 PM
    Shao--So what about as a standalone app?

jpgnfx--Can you post what you got?
    09-17-09 08:08 PM
    Shao--So what about as a standalone app?
    I havent looked at the BB API for that, so Im not sure what the possibilities/limitations are of it. Composer can only do it for themes.
    09-17-09 08:20 PM
    I too have been dying to find out a way to use/create one-button launch or shortcuts, I luv qSMS and hoped to find others like it. I've used the Shortcutme app and about to spend the mone� to buy it... But could I modify an existing theme and build this feature into it?

I haven't yet ventured into building a theme, so I'd hoped to be able to do this...any other options? Anything that could be done or used to create new launch shortcuts??

09-17-09 08:24 PM
    ok, slightly off topic here, but for some reason QL will not let me but bbm as shortcut? i get error saying it already exists?
    09-18-09 09:43 AM
    Hit "n" on your keypad and it'll take you to BBM.

09-18-09 09:46 AM
    Heres what I found for applications:
    Livelink - Redirection

In your Project Properties in the Integration Development Environment (IDE), click the Resources tab.
    Under the Title ID option, specify the Resource variable name (App_Title) which corresponds to the actual text to be displayed (myApp) on the ribbon.
    If you want the A in myApp to be a hotkey, insert the unicode underscore character (\u0332) after the A. Therefore, in your resource package, instead of specifying myApp as the value for the variable App_Title, specify the following:
    myA\u0332pp
    So the shortcut key needs to be built into the application, there is no way to do it on the fly. I supposed someone could create a launcher, but it would all have to be hardcoded.
    09-18-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD