My old bold 9700 had a keypad defect so I had get a new one from at&t. I went to buy quick launch from app world for my new phone but it wouldn't let me. I figured out this was because I had previously bought the app. So I tried to re-download it and install it like you're supposed to. Problem is that when I do this it and I give it my activation code, it always says invalid code. Even though I'm using the one it told me to use.

How do I get quick launch to work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 05:31 AM
    I don't use App World so cannot help you there. In the past I have found that if you contact Quick Launch Support they are very helpful and quick to reply. Just go to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher and you will be able to contact them.
    05-03-10 05:43 AM
    My old bold 9700 had a keypad defect so I had get a new one from at&t. I went to buy quick launch from app world for my new phone but it wouldn't let me. I figured out this was because I had previously bought the app. So I tried to re-download it and install it like you're supposed to. Problem is that when I do this it and I give it my activation code, it always says invalid code. Even though I'm using the one it told me to use.

How do I get quick launch to work?

You're going to need to provide your new PIN for a new activation code - your old activation code is tied to your old device/PIN. I bought my copy of QuickLaunch through CB - I can go to Mobihand (Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store) and enter my email/password and all my apps that I have purchased show there. I can request a PIN change, which will result in a new activation code. I'm not sure if the process will be the same since you went through App World, but give it a shot. Once you get to the Mobihand web site, look for "support", then "my account".

Hope this helps ya!
    05-03-10 05:51 AM
    Bump

05-03-10 07:25 PM
    Bump

You got an answer already from element526.
    In the past I have found that if you contact Quick Launch Support they are very helpful and quick to reply. Just go to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher and you will be able to contact them.
    So to reiterate, CONTACT THE MAKERS OF QUICKLAUNCH, provide them with your old pin and your new one, and they will hopefully give you a new activation code.
    05-03-10 07:29 PM
    why are you bumping this? its been answered
    05-03-10 07:29 PM
    I don't know how to contact them from my blackberry

05-03-10 07:31 PM
    Also, how do I find my old and new pins?

05-03-10 07:32 PM
    Also, how do I find my old and new pins?

To find your new pin go to options - status...

To contact them from your BB...go to your browser and go to the link that a previous poster already gave above (NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher) i think it was....
    05-03-10 07:44 PM
    Ok how do I find my old pin?

05-04-10 12:58 AM
    Ok how do I find my old pin?

Unless you have written it down or have some sort of paperwork from your old PIN then you wont be able to find ie if you still have the box lying around...usually on the side of them it will have the PIN number there.

But if you havent then your straight outta luck.

And use a computer to contact the developer...easier and faster.
    05-04-10 08:50 AM
    Unless you have written it down or have some sort of paperwork from your old PIN then you wont be able to find ie if you still have the box lying around...usually on the side of them it will have the PIN number there.

But if you havent then your straight outta luck.

And use a computer to contact the developer...easier and faster.
    If he had a sd card in his old phone, and downloaded/installed from appworld, you will find a folder named your old pin at mediacard\blackberry\app_world\downloads
    05-04-10 09:01 AM
    I purchased Quick Launch via App World using Paypal. I got an error message "Module with handle [9058] and index [0] has no application entry point"

I have tried the NikkiSoft website, tried the FAQ, and everything else but cannot find the activation code anywhere. Its not in My World. I have uninstalled Quick Launch, written two emails to NikkiSoft. Cannot seem to get anyone to tell me where my activation code is.
    05-12-10 04:07 PM
    This happened to me to, although I purchased mine through crackberry, he still explained what to do if you didnt. Here are those directions. Hope this helps someone.

Hello,

If you didnt purchase from app world you can go to mobihand.com and click on support, my account.
    From there you can 'change' your pin. You can find your pin by going to options, status on your device.
    If the correct pin is already listed in your account reenter it anyway and it will generate a new code.
    Make sure you enter it using all capital letters.
    Your info will be there.

If you purchased from App World go to App World, navigate to My World.
    hit login. enter your paypal email to sign in. your code should be displayed. it's 4 or 5 digits.
    if it's not displayed check to see if there is a 'copy license code' selection in the menu.
    if so use that and then paste into the QuickLaunch activation screen.

If that doesnt work you must do the following:
    1) Use QL Backup to save your data
    2) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    3) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) uninstall App World
    5) pull the battery
    6) download and install the LATEST App World Client from here: BlackBerry App World
    7) go to app world. click the My World icon
    8) hit the blackberry menu key and select 'Log in'. login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    9) Install QuickLaunch
    10) after your apps have been reconciled the activation code will be displayed on the right under the file size. it's 4 or 5 digits
    05-12-10 04:53 PM
    This happened to me to, although I purchased mine through crackberry, he still explained what to do if you didnt. Here are those directions. Hope this helps someone.

Hello,

If you didnt purchase from app world you can go to mobihand.com and click on support, my account.
    From there you can 'change' your pin. You can find your pin by going to options, status on your device.
    If the correct pin is already listed in your account reenter it anyway and it will generate a new code.
    Make sure you enter it using all capital letters.
    Your info will be there.

If you purchased from App World go to App World, navigate to My World.
    hit login. enter your paypal email to sign in. your code should be displayed. it's 4 or 5 digits.
    if it's not displayed check to see if there is a 'copy license code' selection in the menu.
    if so use that and then paste into the QuickLaunch activation screen.

If that doesnt work you must do the following:
    1) Use QL Backup to save your data
    2) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    3) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) uninstall App World
    5) pull the battery
    6) download and install the LATEST App World Client from here: BlackBerry App World
    7) go to app world. click the My World icon
    8) hit the blackberry menu key and select 'Log in'. login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    9) Install QuickLaunch
    10) after your apps have been reconciled the activation code will be displayed on the right under the file size. it's 4 or 5 digits
    Yeah that didnt work the 3 times I tried it. That was from NikkiSoft FAQ. Not having much luck. Everyone here says the NikkiSoft people are responsive. Not so my case.
    05-12-10 05:03 PM
    Yeah that didnt work the 3 times I tried it. That was from NikkiSoft FAQ. Not having much luck. Everyone here says the NikkiSoft people are responsive. Not so my case.
    Slight necro-bump.

My experience is the opposite. I have a Storm and a Curve I switch back and forth between, with the Curve seeing about 80% of the usage. I purchased QuickLaunch, it worked perfectly on my Storm, and I knew it would be perfect for my Curve. I switched devices, encountered the same problem you did. I emailed Nikkisoft, for the auto-response you did. That didn't work, so I emailed the address at the bottom of that email and got a very prompt response late on a Friday afternoon. By this morning, my issue was resolved and I'll be configuring QL on my Curve shortly.

A big for Nikkisoft and QL.
    05-22-10 02:28 PM
    I'd say check your spam folder as the same thing happened to me and I was getting annoyed about their 'lack of response' and I then realised they had responded and the messages were in my spam folder! oopsiess
    06-22-10 04:49 PM
    Hi,

I have purchased Quicklaunch via CB and received an activation code. Unfortunately, it seems there is no option other than OTA download. I need to SMS (no email with BB). My carrier, Vodafone, is not listed and I am unable to get the app to download.

I contacted Nikkisoft and they were most unhelpful, insisting in an 8-word reply that the FAQs do work and to follow them exactly. Clearly, that is not the issue, and I am left a bit up in the air

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks
    07-18-10 08:07 AM
    I had the same problem. I emailed nikkisoft with my old pin and proof of purchase (paypal reciept as I bought it off appworld) and they sent me a new activation code, it was very quick and very easy.
    07-18-10 06:59 PM
    Thanks for your comments.

Just to update: the problem lay in the fact that Nikkisoft don't have Vodafone listed as one of their carriers and the app is shipped via SMS or email (which I don't have on BB).

Eventually, I managed to get the link for the app from their email (on my desktop) to my phone by using a freebie SMS service.

Got there in the end.

Cheers,

Tom C
    07-20-10 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD