Hi everyone, I'm a storm 2 user having a question about the new Quick Launch update. version 3.0

At the nikkisoft website, it says:
    Version 3.0
    This Update currently only for Storm, 96xx, 9700 and Torch 9800. Other devices coming soon

Does that mean it includes both storm 1 and 2?
    Well, I've been trying to get this update by following the FAQs instructions at the nikkisoft site
    But I've been having no luck, so I'm wondering if it's even available for STorm 2 yet?
    09-01-10 10:58 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm a storm 2 user having a question about the new Quick Launch update. version 3.0

At the nikkisoft website, it says:
    Version 3.0
    This Update currently only for Storm, 96xx, 9700 and Torch 9800. Other devices coming soon

Does that mean it includes both storm 1 and 2?
    Well, I've been trying to get this update by following the FAQs instructions at the nikkisoft site
    But I've been having no luck, so I'm wondering if it's even available for STorm 2 yet?
    It is the same for storm 1 and 2. 9500, 9530, 9550, 9520
    09-01-10 11:02 PM
    Soo that means.. We DON'T have version 3 available for storm users yet?
    09-01-10 11:21 PM
    Soo that means.. We DON'T have version 3 available for storm users yet?
    Yes version 3 IS available for the storm series. That means the first storm and the storm 2

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/qui...leased-506130/

QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of Blackberry Apps! - @ VOTED BEST PRODUCTIVITY APP OF 2009! @ - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    09-01-10 11:58 PM
    Err.. I guess it's because I purchased my QL from App World. So I have to wait for their approval of the new version, according to NikkiSoft. :[
    09-02-10 12:11 AM
    Go to your QL options and there is a check for update option. See if that works for you!

Oh wait, the newest version is 3.3. If you are below 3.0 I think you have to pay an upgrade fee. Can't remember for sure though.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 09-02-10 at 12:32 AM.
    09-02-10 12:29 AM
    3.3 is available for the Storm, just upgraded. I've noticed that the transparency setting for the menu is not working, is anyone else finding this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 05:21 AM
    3.3 is available for the Storm, just upgraded. I've noticed that the transparency setting for the menu is not working, is anyone else finding this?

Not working here either. Didn't try rebooting a second time.

09-02-10 05:26 AM
    Go to your QL options and there is a check for update option. See if that works for you!

Oh wait, the newest version is 3.3. If you are below 3.0 I think you have to pay an upgrade fee. Can't remember for sure though.
    I think I read from NikkiSoft's post that if you purchased QL after January 1st, 2010, you don't have to pay for 3.0
    But, I can't seem to upgrade it to 3.0. Again, I think the reason is because I used BB App World to purchase 2.21 and NikkiSoft said we're still waiting approval from App World to launch 3.0 onto it.
    The "Check for updates" option is available in 3.0 and above, I believe.
    So I gotta be able to get to 3.0 first before I can "check for updates" for 3.3

Or maybe I'm missing something.. :[
    This makes me sad, I've been wanting to play around with the new version too.
    09-02-10 08:44 AM
    v3.0 was a pain to use. The delay in launching the sidebar was such a PITA (it's supposed to be quicklaunch, right?) I almost deleted it. Just that I had been so busy I did not bother with it. Then news came with 3.3, upgraded and voila. Smooth as a baby's ***.
    09-02-10 11:00 AM

Got the notice to upgrade last night, and all my settings transfered, including the transparency setting. I have also been able to adjust it to every level and it is reflected on the menu screen . Strange yours isn't working...
    09-02-10 12:44 PM
    Not working here either. Didn't try rebooting a second time.

transparency is disabled when color is default.
    set to black to get the effect you want.
    09-02-10 12:53 PM
    NikkiSoft / CheetahAce

Is there a way I can get QL version 3.0 if I purchased it using App World?
    I just purchased it one week ago.
    09-02-10 09:43 PM
    How did I miss the background color setting...Duh! Thanks Cheetah, great app.

09-04-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD