I am trying to find out if Quick Launch is compatible with the 8350i.

Searched the 8350i threads, and apparently no one has tried it.

Crackberry App Store lists it as compatible, but the selection box says "Blacberry Curve 83xx, (4.5 OS).

Quick Launch website sends you to Mobi Hand to buy it.
    MobiHand says that it is available for 83xx Curve 4.5 OS and
    8900 Curve 4.6 OS.

I cant get support emails to work from either CB Store or MobiHand.

Anybody have any experience?

As always, thank you all for your help.
    04-11-09 09:28 PM
    had the dl a month ago but never did wake up and install. now i cant find it! maybe i was dreaaming!
    04-11-09 09:29 PM
    I saw your post in the other thread....someone said no love for the 8350i, LOL.

The website has a contact address, [email protected], but when I sent an inquiry I got the "mailer Daemon fatal error".
    04-11-09 09:42 PM
    I am trying to find out if Quick Launch is compatible with the 8350i.

Searched the 8350i threads, and apparently no one has tried it.

Crackberry App Store lists it as compatible, but the selection box says "Blacberry Curve 83xx, (4.5 OS).

Quick Launch website sends you to Mobi Hand to buy it.
    MobiHand says that it is available for 83xx Curve 4.5 OS and
    8900 Curve 4.6 OS.

I cant get support emails to work from either CB Store or MobiHand.

Anybody have any experience?

As always, thank you all for your help.
    I've been using it for over a month now with no issues. The install was OTA and setup was easy. When adding a third party app to the QL nenu, just start the program you want to add, hit the QL key (right convenience key) choose add application abd QL will see it in memory and do the rest. Great app. A favorite of mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 09:44 PM
    You should contact one of the developers of QuickLaunch. They often frequent the Storm forums. Their screen names are Rooster and CheetahAce.
    04-11-09 10:04 PM
    its compatible on crackberry app store!
    04-11-09 10:33 PM
    I sent an email through a gmail account of mine to nikkisoft last evening.
    I recieved a quick response.

I was told that I should use the 83xx Curve QuickLaunch software even though the 8350i runs OS 4.6 because of the screen size (resolution) of the 8350i Curve.

Also note that nikkisoft says that the 83xx QuickLaunch is going to be upgraded next week.

Crackberry Alert...a new omie review?

Thank you to cputoys and ladybug1383 for the first hand advice. It does look like a great app!
    04-12-09 07:50 AM
    This is the single most useful app I have on my phone (yes, an 8350i). It will launch most any app or game (there are couple games that the convenience key is evidently turned off and I can't get it to launch Google Talk for some reason. . . ), plus D2G docs and spreadsheets, phone numbers, emails, images, web shortcuts, etc. I hardly even use the standard navigation, I'm so used to Quicklaunch! The developers are super helpful and won't treat you like a moron, even if you ask stupid questions (believe me, I know this for a fact!). If you're not sure you want it, get the trial version. It has complete functionality and if you do upgrade to the full version, installing it via DM means you don't have to re-set anything you set up during the trial.
    04-12-09 01:00 PM
    I just purchased and downloaded QuickLaunch. I'm trying to add Opera Mini by doing what Cputoys said....go to app and hit right convenience key. I did that but nothing happens. Can someone help? Thanks!

P.S. I have tried several different apps...no luck. I do not have the option of Add Application....just Add Item. Does that make a difference?
    Last edited by cookie56; 04-14-09 at 01:37 PM.
    04-14-09 01:28 PM
    I just purchased and downloaded QuickLaunch. I'm trying to add Opera Mini by doing what Cputoys said....go to app and hit right convenience key. I did that but nothing happens. Can someone help? Thanks!

P.S. I have tried several different apps...no luck. I do not have the option of Add Application....just Add Item. Does that make a difference?
    I wasn't very clear about that convenience key thing. First go into your blackberry options --- screen/keyboard --- and there you can set which program will run when the convenience key is pressed. Then jump out of that and go load opera mini, then while its still running hit the convenience key. Then choose add --- then scroll to the bottom of the quicklaunch setup, you will see Application. click that. Now QL will see what program is running (predominately) in memory and you can save it. Hope this helps.
    04-14-09 03:06 PM
    Cpu - I just sent you a private message....
    04-14-09 03:17 PM
    Got it. Hope I explained it better that time! But let me know.
    04-14-09 06:44 PM
    Hey! There's only 1 developer and 1 employee of Nikkisoft. Me! haha. not sure why you couldnt reach my email. It's been working fine for me. Believe me. I answer email alllllllllll day long.
    04-15-09 01:46 PM
    Hey! There's only 1 developer and 1 employee of Nikkisoft. Me! haha. not sure why you couldnt reach my email. It's been working fine for me. Believe me. I answer email alllllllllll day long.
    Hey Cheetah-if you're the only one to talk to about this here's my question....why can't QL work in Opera Mini? I tried and tried and it does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    04-15-09 02:32 PM
    Hey Cheetah-if you're the only one to talk to about this here's my question....why can't QL work in Opera Mini? I tried and tried and it does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    It is probably more an OM issue. I don't use quicklaunch (though thinking about giving it a try) but I currently have my left convenience key setup for the application switcher and it works in every app but OM.
    05-01-09 10:53 AM
    do you mean open opera mini or run on top of opera mini?
    05-01-09 12:43 PM
    I've been using it for over a month now with no issues. The install was OTA and setup was easy. When adding a third party app to the QL nenu, just start the program you want to add, hit the QL key (right convenience key) choose add application abd QL will see it in memory and do the rest. Great app. A favorite of mine.

Where did you get the OTA i haven't been able to find it i bought the app yeterday got an email as a rsponse but no OTA and i dont know how to dl the *pp to my devica thanks

05-30-09 06:52 PM
    Where did you get the OTA i haven't been able to find it i bought the app yeterday got an email as a rsponse but no OTA and i dont know how to dl the *pp to my devica thanks

I went to the nikkisoft website. It shuttles you to mobihand when you click on buy online. Like you I got an email after giving them my pin. In the email you should see your activation code (mine was only 5 digits) and a link to the download site. (It says "Go to the download page") When you click on that you will be presented with the option to download to your device. You MUST be using your native browser (clicking a hot link in an email will call the native browser anyway) and it MUST be configured as "blackberry browser". Hope you get it ok. It's a good'n.
    05-30-09 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD