1) Don't bother with ShorcutMe, it is way too complex to use and you need to take a course before you can start using it.
    LOL! "Don't bother with it because I'm not smart enough to figure out such a simple app."
    05-22-11 08:29 AM
    i am a fan of both ql and shortcutme since 1.5 years ago. i regularly update them when updates are available.
    Both apps are great. No doubt about that.

The macro feature of shortcutme has however tilted me toward using shortcutme more often than any other app.

Just as an example, i have created a shortcut in shortcutme that opens a web page, enters username, enters password, and hits Enter. That shortcut can be lunched both from system menu and by multiple clicking a conv key.
    That is just an example. Anyone can create their own macros to do what they want.
    i also have a shortcut that wais 10 seconds, opens camera app, and takes 3 pictures before closing the camera. All that is one shortcut in shortcutme.
    That is truly more than what i expect from an app.
    I agree. The macros make SCM far superior when it comes to speed. The only people who say QL is better are the people who only use QL. Ask anyone who uses both and they'll tell you SCM is faster. QL still has its uses though and I have both set as my convenience keys. But when it comes to speed, SCM blows QL away and its not even close. Yours is a perfect example.
    mssca likes this.
    05-22-11 08:33 AM
    OK... I already got the QL, but when I get my 9900, I will have both QL and SCM and see what works for me the best. (now I am using 9700)

The question is I am confused about micros... How can I make a micro so that in one click, Turn on the Bluetooth and Turn off the WIFI and then another click Turn off the Bluetooth and Turn on the WIFI?

I am going to buy SCM as soon as 9900 get out for Telus Canada.

Is this work: MenuItemFromTop2;NavClick;NavMoveDown1;NavClick;EN DKey (for turn on wifi and turn off Bluetooth in one single click?)
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-22-11 at 09:44 AM.
    05-22-11 09:35 AM
    *For anyone who wants to make a quick WiFi shortcut using SCM, simply set a shortcut for "Manage Connections" and set your macro as follows:

MenuItemFromTop3;NavClick;ENDKey

This will open "Manage Connections", start from the top of the menu and scroll down to WiFi, click it for you, toggling it on or off, and then close "Manage Connections". Takes 2 seconds max from convenience key to desired result. Hope that helps .

Oh and 1 more thing... I had SCM on my old BB and did have to buy it again on my new Berry. I can't remember if I tried to contact them or not though.
    This is faster than clicking {Space} and y?
    Or WF, whichever you prefer.

And it doesn't have to open anything, it immediately turns it off.

Like from what I am reading it opens connections, scrolls down and selects it. Then exits. How is that faster?

(I'm not trolling. I don't understand.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 11:26 AM
    If you wanted to toggle WiFi on or off, SCM can do it in 3 buttons: Convenience key, and two letters which you set (I'd set it as W and F). From there, you can set SCM to open "Manage Connections", scroll down to WiFi, turn it on or off, then close manage connections. All with 3 buttons! As a matter of fact I just set a shortcut for WiFi using SCM and it works flawlessly. Takes 2 seconds and I barely have to move. Thanks for the idea!

Now with QL, which I do love, it would take much more effort and time. QL is more of a neat way of organizing things. Cool app and very handy
    Not true. QuickLaunch can do this in 2 clicks as shown in the video posted earlier in this thread.
    1) space bar-> shortcut key
    or
    2) space bar -> toggle
    or
    3) hotkey -> shortcut key
    or
    4) just double click the convenience key
    05-22-11 11:48 AM
    Not true. QuickLaunch can do this in 2 clicks as shown in the video posted earlier in this thread.
    1) space bar-> shortcut key
    or
    2) space bar -> toggle
    or
    3) hotkey -> shortcut key
    or
    4) just double click the convenience key
    I already got QL... can I make one so that in ONE click (or once I select) it turns off the wifi and turns on the Bluetooth and opposite when I click again? My current QL setup, I have to click TWO times to turn off the wifi and turn on the Bluetooth.

The point is can I add two different QL functions to one item?
    (I want Bluetooth and wifi on one click)?

I am thinking I should have brought SCM for that reason. This is my issue this;
    1. when I leave home, I want wifi off, bluetooth on
    2. when I come back to home I want wifi on, bluetooth off

I wish QL has a way to do this in two choices!!!!
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-22-11 at 01:28 PM.
    05-22-11 01:25 PM
    oh i see. no. can't do that currently
    05-22-11 01:31 PM
    oh i see. no. can't do that currently
    You guys should come up with an update because this is driving me nuts and after talking to my friends about this, they hold off buying QL because they have the same needs as I do.

I think there is a large group of BB users who need those two options. If you can add a secondary action to any one item; for example, first action "turn off wifi", second action turn on "bluetooth", that would be great. You will even sell your app more with that kind of customization.

I will look in to SCM now because I think with micros you can do that. If QL don't come up with an update for that function by the time 9900 hits the Canadian market, I am going to buy ShortCutMe for my new 9900 and give this QL license to one of my friends.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-22-11 at 01:39 PM.
    05-22-11 01:37 PM
    Can anyone confirm that the following can be done using ShortCutMe: (using ONE choice/click):
    1. when I leave home, I want wifi off, Bluetooth on
    2. when I come back to home I want wifi on, Bluetooth off

I think, I am going to request for a refund on QL and get SCM.
    05-22-11 03:17 PM
    Yes, you would be able to do the above using SCM. Has the ability to cascade shortcuts.
    mssca likes this.
    05-22-11 03:23 PM
    OK... I already got the QL, but when I get my 9900, I will have both QL and SCM and see what works for me the best. (now I am using 9700)

The question is I am confused about micros... How can I make a micro so that in one click, Turn on the Bluetooth and Turn off the WIFI and then another click Turn off the Bluetooth and Turn on the WIFI?

I am going to buy SCM as soon as 9900 get out for Telus Canada.

Is this work: MenuItemFromTop2;NavClick;NavMoveDown1;NavClick;EN DKey (for turn on wifi and turn off Bluetooth in one single click?)
    No the quickest you can do it is 2 clicks with SCM. For example, if your left convenient key is set to SCM, then you can set a double click of that key to do it. In my example, I used convenience key plus W and F because I already have double click set to something. QL can do it in one click I believe, but only from the homescreen. Me, being a Storm2 user, I can't do it in one click because I have to first toggle the keyboard to do anything. But the way mine is set, I can toggle WiFi in the blinking of an eye.

Like I said earlier, its best to have both. One minus for QL is Cheetah, the developer or one of the developers or whatever. That guy is a major arse and makes wish I had never given him any money. As such I have an older copy of QL that's pirated that I would LOVE to share with anyone who wants it lol.

05-22-11 03:33 PM
    This is faster than clicking {Space} and y?
    Or WF, whichever you prefer.

And it doesn't have to open anything, it immediately turns it off.

Like from what I am reading it opens connections, scrolls down and selects it. Then exits. How is that faster?

(I'm not trolling. I don't understand.)

You don't have to set it to W and F. You can set it to the convenience key. Then its reduced to 2 clicks, convenience key to open SCM, followed by convenience key for the command. In other words, a double click will do it. And yes the manage connections window will open but its literally for a split second. I mean it pops up, moves and its gone. If you blink, you'll miss it.

Keep in mind I use an S2 so I don't have a space bar .

And another thing about space bar and y is that means I can only have 26 direct shortcuts? SCM let's you set, 1, 2 or 3 key combos so there are way more possibilities. If the OP just wants it for 1 thing only then fine. But I have who knows how many shortcuts. I set WiFi as W and F simply because its not important enough for me to use one of my "premium" shortcuts if you will. And while setting it to just W is an option, that would mean at least 26 shortcuts that I now CAN'T create simply because the W key is already assigned. I already have 5 other shortcuts that start with W though. See how I'd be limiting myself? I mean we're literally talking about a fraction of a second here.

As I've said and will keep saying... I really do recommend both. They both have their uses and I use each regularly.

mssca likes this.
    05-22-11 03:47 PM
    LOL! "Don't bother with it because I'm not smart enough to figure out such a simple app."
    Exactly!
    Fans like Wiii make QL look bad which as I said before is not the case.
    05-23-11 04:18 PM
    Can anyone confirm that the following can be done using ShortCutMe: (using ONE choice/click):
    1. when I leave home, I want wifi off, Bluetooth on
    2. when I come back to home I want wifi on, Bluetooth off

I think, I am going to request for a refund on QL and get SCM.
    Don't get rid of ql. ql and shortcutme are both good applications. Many of my friends have both of those applications.

This is what you need to do in shortcutme to have a BB menu called "Toggle Wifi-BT" (toggling both wifi and bt in one shot):

AppName= Manage Connection
    Shortcut= Z
    Macro= MenuItemFromTop2;NavClick;MenuItemFromTop3; NavClick; EndKey
    (use Macro Editor to quickly enter this macro )

Now go to Common Config page and set a Custom Menu to:
    Name= Toggle wifi-bt
    Launches= Z

Now anytime you want to toggle both wifi and bt, hit BB Menu and click on "Toggle wifi-bt".

(You can also set a convenience key to launch this shortcut after multiple clicks, or you can set shortcutme to launch it automatically once in the morning and once in the afternoon when you leave or come back home).

Edit: You can also cascade 2 shortcuts to do this (as pdl2mtl90 wrote)
    Last edited by adam543; 05-23-11 at 04:43 PM.
    05-23-11 04:41 PM
    Don't get rid of ql. ql and shortcutme are both good applications. Many of my friends have both of those applications.

This is what you need to do in shortcutme to have a BB menu called "Toggle Wifi-BT" (toggling both wifi and bt in one shot):

AppName= Manage Connection
    Shortcut= Z
    Macro= MenuItemFromTop2;NavClick;MenuItemFromTop3; NavClick; EndKey
    (use Macro Editor to quickly enter this macro )

Now go to Common Config page and set a Custom Menu to:
    Name= Toggle wifi-bt
    Launches= Z

Now anytime you want to toggle both wifi and bt, hit BB Menu and click on "Toggle wifi-bt".

(You can also set a convenience key to launch this shortcut after multiple clicks, or you can set shortcutme to launch it automatically once in the morning and once in the afternoon when you leave or come back home).

Edit: You can also cascade 2 shortcuts to do this (as pdl2mtl90 wrote)
    He can also use the scheduler to set the macro action at a time when he leaves home and returns home, if its on a daily routine (like work). E.g: execute at 7am and again at 5pm. But yeah, the menu works for manual execution.

Im still wondering... how many times does matrix leader have to be banned until he tires out from spamming the forums? hmm...
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-24-11 at 02:18 PM.
    05-24-11 02:14 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD