Hi guys,

From my understanding of things, it seems that BIS users don't get full two-way sync with hotmail. So what if you were to use the Bold 9700 to send e-mails through hotmail, how would you keep both the phone and the web account in sync? Does RIM have any intentions of allowing BBs to have true 2-way syncs with hotmail? I've read that Nokia does this with their Nokia Messaging platform, but I'm a bit perplexed on why RIM hasn't addressed this issue.
    03-12-10 11:36 PM
    I'm not sure what full two-way sync fully entails, but for me when i delete my hotmail email on my blackberry it is also deleted from the inbox of my hotmail account.
    03-13-10 01:12 AM
    Currently only 1-way sync! You delete emails from the BB it deletes from hotmail. You delete emails from Hotmail, it does squat on the BB!
    03-13-10 01:26 AM
    Don't mean to hi-jack here, but Im a new BB user - does @aol and @gmail have two way sync capabilities? I'm still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. Thanks.
    03-13-10 02:46 AM
    2 weeks ago, when i delete my hotmails from my bb, it deletes from hotmial.com too.. but now, no mails are deleted on the server when i delete from BB.
    i've made no changes since 2 weeks ago.. could it be a hotmail server issue?
    03-29-10 02:16 PM
    @blackrocker, gmail doesn't have it yet, but it should be coming soon.
    03-29-10 08:02 PM
    2 weeks ago, when i delete my hotmails from my bb, it deletes from hotmial.com too.. but now, no mails are deleted on the server when i delete from BB.
    i've made no changes since 2 weeks ago.. could it be a hotmail server issue?
    It could be that your settings have changed in the recent BIS 3.0 rollout.

Check under messages options, emial reconciliation that you have delete on set to either handheld+mailbox or prompt if you want changes to reflect back in your hotmail account. Needless to say if it's on prompt then make sure when you delete a message you have selected to delete from handheld+mailbox.
    03-30-10 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD