Does anybody know if Viigo Project Tango is going to implement a read/unread sync feature for use with Google Reader?

I know that the read/unread feature is planned for a future release, but I'm eager to find out if it will be in the Project Tango release that is planned for approx. 60 days from now.
    04-15-08 04:26 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 05:07 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't participate in betas on my BB. My BB is too crucial to my daily life to risk having a faulty beta screw it up. While I realize that even if a faulty beta screwed up my BB I could just reinstall the OS and start from scratch, there's no software that, to me, is worth the time and effort that would be necessary to do that.

My question was geared more towards someone who might already know the answer or could provide it when they install the beta.
    04-15-08 05:13 PM
    Good question!

Although this feature is an important one, and is in our plans for the application, the first Tango release will not have Google Read/Write synchronization enabled. Sorry ...

Tango is focused on substantially broadening the capabilities of Viigo, allowing us to represent a wider variety of data (sports, weather, markets, etc.) in a much richer format. It's also about supporting a variety of fully interactive services, including things such as flight scheduling, live flight status etc. This will all be delivered on a brand new UI platform which will allow us to evolve Viigo much more rapidly than ever before, adding new services as we (or for that matter you guys) come up with them.

Future releases will work on improving the RSS service itself (including major improvements to MyViigo on the web) ... and we have some great suggestions from our users to work from as we make this better.

Keep on eye on the Viigo[dot com]/Tango page for more revelations as we get closer to release.

Mark Ruddock
    CEO
    Viigo
    04-15-08 06:33 PM
    Good question!

Although this feature is an important one, and is in our plans for the application, the first Tango release will not have Google Read/Write synchronization enabled. Sorry ...

Tango is focused on substantially broadening the capabilities of Viigo, allowing us to represent a wider variety of data (sports, weather, markets, etc.) in a much richer format. It's also about supporting a variety of fully interactive services, including things such as flight scheduling, live flight status etc. This will all be delivered on a brand new UI platform which will allow us to evolve Viigo much more rapidly than ever before, adding new services as we (or for that matter you guys) come up with them.

Future releases will work on improving the RSS service itself (including major improvements to MyViigo on the web) ... and we have some great suggestions from our users to work from as we make this better.

Keep on eye on the Viigo[dot com]/Tango page for more revelations as we get closer to release.

Mark Ruddock
    CEO
    Viigo
    Thanks for the response Mark!!

I'll keep an eye on Viigo. I installed Viigo a few months ago and absolutely loved it. However, for my purposes, read/unread synchronization is a "must have" feature. For this reason, I am currently using Newsgator Go instead. I would love to be able to switch back to Viigo, but simply can't do it until the read/unread sync feature is present.
    04-15-08 06:40 PM
    With all the new enhancements, will the new version be able to store data on the microSD card? It seems like adding audo podcasts and more interactive information, it could eat through the BBs internal memory very quickly.
    04-15-08 10:15 PM
    With all the new enhancements, will the new version be able to store data on the microSD card? It seems like adding audo podcasts and more interactive information, it could eat through the BBs internal memory very quickly.
    This MUST be happening to do everything that the demo says the app will... No question... or it will be useless. Fingers Crossed.
    04-16-08 01:08 AM
    Thanks for the response Mark!!

I'll keep an eye on Viigo. I installed Viigo a few months ago and absolutely loved it. However, for my purposes, read/unread synchronization is a "must have" feature. For this reason, I am currently using Newsgator Go instead. I would love to be able to switch back to Viigo, but simply can't do it until the read/unread sync feature is present.
    I agree with you GadgetGuru72, Read/Write synchronization for Google Reader is a must have. I can't wait for Viigo to incorporate the feature, even more so than the enhancements coming with project Tango!!!!
    05-12-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD