Hey everyone - I just download the new Poynt app which supposedly provides you access to restaurants, movies and other things similar to what a navi system does. The question I have is that although the application is free for download, is there a cost associated with using it? The reason why I'm asking is because once I tried using it, the app is telling me my gps on my storm is deactivated and I must activated on my advanced options to fully ustilize the app. If I turn on gps, does anyone know if there is a charge, or is it free?

Thanks! Your feedback is much appreciated!
    02-26-09 07:27 PM
    The GPS part of your phone is free. It is programs like Garmin mobile that require a monthly fee. The only reason your GPS is deactivated now is privacy reasons. Some people don't like programs to know where they are. So to answer your question, yes, Poynt is free.
    02-26-09 07:34 PM
    The GPS part of your phone is free. It is programs like Garmin mobile that require a monthly fee. The only reason your GPS is deactivated now is privacy reasons. Some people don't like programs to know where they are. So to answer your question, yes, Poynt is free.
    Awesome....thanks for the quick response!
    02-26-09 07:35 PM
    There is no monthly fee associated with Garmin Mobile.
    02-26-09 08:09 PM
    I'm sorry. I forgot Garmin was a one time charge. My mistake. Poynt is still free though, got that part right
    02-26-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD