I've downloaded the trial version of Empower SMS Viewer, and kind of like it. However, when I send an SMS, it shows up as a new message - is this normal?

And, if so, how do I turn this feature off, if possible? Thanks!
    09-16-09 02:00 PM
    Damn! Does NO one use this app? I thought that it was kind of popular....
    09-16-09 03:41 PM
    I love Empower SMS but fortunately do not have that issue
    Did you try to uninstall then re-install?
    09-16-09 03:49 PM
    Well, do you use a "Today" theme? That's where any new SMS I send shows up on my 8900 as a new message.
    09-16-09 05:48 PM
    Just as an update, I received an e-mail from Empower customer service in response to my question. They informed me that if one uses a Today-type theme with Empower SMS Viewer, then any outgoing SMS will appear as a new message.

This is kind of annoying, and was a deal-killer for me with this app - glad I was only checking out the free trial edition.

It's a cool app, but I didn't want to give up my groovy BerryBliss Today theme for it. Otherwise, I recommend it, and was sort of surprised (judging from the lack of response from other BB users to this thread) that more people aren't using this app.
    09-17-09 12:54 PM
    Just as an update, I received an e-mail from Empower customer service in response to my question. They informed me that if one uses a Today-type theme with Empower SMS Viewer, then any outgoing SMS will appear as a new message.

This is kind of annoying, and was a deal-killer for me with this app - glad I was only checking out the free trial edition.

It's a cool app, but I didn't want to give up my groovy BerryBliss Today theme for it. Otherwise, I recommend it, and was sort of surprised (judging from the lack of response from other BB users to this thread) that more people aren't using this app.
    When you say today theme, do you mean that calender appointments and other show up on the home screen when tapped but not selected? Because I have that on mine and it doesn't send me back any messages.
    09-17-09 12:58 PM
    Right - a "Today" theme displays entries from your calendar and new messages on the home screen. If your outgoing SMS don't show up as a new message, then it may be that the Today theme you're using is compatible with the Empower app - mine apparently is not.

Glad it works for you, though - like I said, I think it's a good app....
    09-17-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD