When I have Quickpull Free setup to restart my phone automatically, it keeps stopping in the process and asking : Restart now, or Restart Later.

It seems to me that for whatever reason, it used to restart automatically and not pause to ask for a choice.

I know that if the phone is in standby when the auto restart is scheduled, it will stop and ask, but I dont think it has always asked for a choice during normal scheduled restarts.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this is true?

I am running Official OS 5.

The full query would be as follows:

Restart Required
    A restart is required for changes to take effect.
    To restart later, hold down the power key.

Reason: QuickPull has installed or removed modules
    Restart Now
    Restart Later

Thanks!
    04-08-10 05:51 AM
    I 've got the same problem with Quickpull Pro. I've seen a few posts on here that indicate that Quickpull is not compatible with any 5.0 OS, even though Quickpull says version 3.6.4 is for OS 5.0. Quickpull will work you just have to do it manually.
    04-08-10 07:47 AM
    Yeah I also saw a few things about this problem. I am still using quickpull manually, and just choosing "restart now". I just miss having the option to have it go automatically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 08:05 AM
    There was a blog entry on Steelthorn Software's website indicating that QuickPull (both Pro and Free) will not work for OS 5.0 versions 5.0.0.400 to 5.0.0.710 due to changes in the underlying operating system. So, we basically have to just wait it out until a new OS leak or release is put out that will allow it to work again.

Steelthorn Software QuickPull and BlackBerry OS versions 5.0.0.400-5.0.0.710
    04-08-10 08:30 AM
    I had the same problem. Wouldn't do a auto pull for nothing during the night. I eventualy just deleted it. I don't need an app to do a manual pull. Totaly useless.
    04-08-10 09:32 AM
    I haven't had a problem with Quickpull and my Sprint Tour running 5.0.0.484. I have it scheduled for a daily reboot, and it does so in normal and "bedside" mode(I haven't tried it in standby mode). I installed it when I had 4.0 OS, then upgraded and it was still working fine with .484.
    04-08-10 12:02 PM
    I haven't had a problem with Quickpull and my Sprint Tour running 5.0.0.484. I have it scheduled for a daily reboot, and it does so in normal and "bedside" mode(I haven't tried it in standby mode). I installed it when I had 4.0 OS, then upgraded and it was still working fine with .484.
    There are reports like this that have QuickPull working for versions later than 5.0.0.400 as indicated by Steelthorn Software, but there are also reports from people having problems. That's why Steelthorn just stated 5.0.0.400 as a reference. But, it consistently does not work with 5.0.0.591 (and I believe 5.0.0.571 as well), with the issues being presented in this thread.
    04-08-10 12:12 PM
    I thought alt+shift+del did the same thing. I know other devices you had to do a double alt+shift+del. I've even compared the 2 and both are equivalent as far as regaining memory. I also use ALt+lg+lg to clear the data log.
    04-08-10 12:20 PM
    I thought alt+shift+del did the same thing. I know other devices you had to do a double alt+shift+del. I've even compared the 2 and both are equivalent as far as regaining memory. I also use ALt+lg+lg to clear the data log.
    I believe that in essence it does the same thing. But, you can't schedule it.
    04-08-10 02:09 PM
    As far as the alt + shift + delete goes, I haven't been able to master the double reset using this shortcut. Is the double reset not an option on the Tour, or is my timing off with it.

When I use the shortcut the phone flashes a white screen briefly followed by a black screen with an hourglass, which in turn is followed by the normal loading screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD