Sorry if this is a totally newb question, but I tried finding the answer on the store side of the site, but found nothing pertaining to this.

I'm looking forward to my first upgrade from one BB phone to another (9700 >>> 9900). Through CrackBerry and BB App World I've purchased several apps for the 9700 over the 2yrs I've had it. Since the store FAQ states that the activation codes are generated specifically for your phone's Device ID, do they regenerate activation codes when you upgrade to another device? or were my purchases specific to the 9700 and I'll need to buy apps again (I do hope not)?

I understand that when an app is upgraded to where the version number changes, that usually means you need to pay again, but if it's the same version to be used on another device, what then? I'm particularly anxious about Tether, which was probably my most expensive app purchase.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
    10-09-11 05:18 AM
    I was int he same boat. Just click on the "change device" link and enter your new pin.

Some apps allow device change and a new version will be made available free of charge.

Some might be incompatible or cost extra. Depends on the apps.

Most of mine were fine.
    10-09-11 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD