I just downloaded QuickPull for my BlackBerry Curve through the new BlackBerry App program. It downloaded successfully and then I ran the program.

It brought up a message that said "Please wait ..." and has stayed on that for at least 10 minutes now. I tried manually restarting the phone, but it just highlights the "Please wait ..." message and doesn't turn off.

How long does it take for this app to run? Will it be bad if I took the battery out to restart the phone?
    05-16-09 02:32 PM
    I just downloaded QuickPull for my BlackBerry Curve through the new BlackBerry App program. It downloaded successfully and then I ran the program.

It brought up a message that said "Please wait ..." and has stayed on that for at least 10 minutes now. I tried manually restarting the phone, but it just highlights the "Please wait ..." message and doesn't turn off.

How long does it take for this app to run? Will it be bad if I took the battery out to restart the phone?
    Take the battery out for about 30 secs..put it back in...then trying running the app. I think this app requires a battery pull after installation anyway..
    05-16-09 02:50 PM
    Thanks, yeah it seems to have done the trick.
    05-16-09 02:55 PM

The app does this some time depending on how long your device has been running and what apps you have running in the background. The longest that I've even seen it take for me was 1 minute and that was because my app memory was getting real low and I had the device running for almost 2 weeks without a restart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 03:29 PM
    I really like this little app very much, although scheduling a daily pull is hit or miss for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I've reinstalled it, etc. But still get the same inconsistency.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 07:15 PM
    I just like to pull my batteries.
    05-16-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD