Whats goin on everyone? So as of late, I've gone from using my BB for personal/social uses I.E.- BBM, text, email. and now have actually use my calender, notepad, tasks, etc. I downloaded the Hero theme but i see them with "HERO TODAY" "HERO TODAY WITH QUICKLAUNCH"...what exactly is the use for quicklaunch and what is its advantage? Maybe the name quicklaunch sounds pretty obvious but I never used a theme before with it so Im curious.
    08-23-09 04:22 PM
    Do a search in the software themes theres' more about QL there than you could ever read about. It basically puts a small list of the apps/sites you use most in the corner of the homescreen when you open it so you can get to stuff faster. It's not a theme it's a glorified list to select from. Very excellent app and I recommend it highly. It's one of only 2 apps I ever paid for.
    08-23-09 04:48 PM
    Do a search in the software themes theres' more about QL there than you could ever read about. It basically puts a small list of the apps/sites you use most in the corner of the homescreen when you open it so you can get to stuff faster. It's not a theme it's a glorified list to select from. Very excellent app and I recommend it highly. It's one of only 2 apps I ever paid for.
    Let me add the Important thing about QuickLaunch.

Yes it does that but that stinks anyhow, You can bind it to one of ur Convenience keys and call it up that way, the best part is not the list, the best part is u can assign keys to each app, IE for me

Right Convenience Key Opens QL, After that I can Choose any Letter and...

A - Launches Mobihand App Store
    B - Launches Browser
    F - Launches Facebook
    L - Launches Flashlight
    V - Launches Visual Voicemail
    P - Print Screen
    G - Opens Google Search

Thats the cool part about it not the list. So every key becomes a shortcut.
    08-23-09 06:50 PM
    And don't forget the usefull utilities hidden in there - device info, weather, app switcher, screen capture, reset device - I think the next update has a staylit backlight on option too.

Cool and usefull app with regular updates and great support by the developer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DD1968; 08-24-09 at 01:19 AM.
    08-24-09 12:56 AM
    The previous posters hit the nail on the head...basically many themes here recently are included a quick launch button/icon somewhere on the theme's homescreen because it is such a useful and versatile app. As N3rd4Christ said, using quicklaunch can give you two clikc access to 30 plus additional applications through shortcuts. It's truly one of the best apps available for the Blackberry and I highly recommend it.
    08-24-09 08:24 AM
    It's truly one of the best apps available for the Blackberry and I highly recommend it.
    After using it i would be willign to pay more than the 4-7 bux i paid, its worth alot, i recently swapped devices and was waiting for change of PIN to get new activation and i literally did not use my deivce for about 24 hrs because i didnt have quicklaunch, its that usefull it makes just using ur device without it too complicated!
    08-24-09 08:31 AM
    yea def the best app out there as far as enhanced performance is conercerned

really should be standard with the phone
    08-24-09 09:02 AM
    I'm a big fan of QuickLaunch as well, definitley worth the money...
    08-24-09 09:13 AM
    I know this thread is dead. . . But it answered all my quicklaunch questions. . . . Great for newbies!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 02:59 PM
    It's on sale for $2.50 for the next two days.

Get QuickLaunch for 50% Off - Just $2.50! | CrackBerry.com

Phenomenal app.
    09-20-09 03:12 PM
    It's on sale for $2.50 for the next two days.

Get QuickLaunch for 50% Off - Just $2.50! | CrackBerry.com

Phenomenal app.
    How do u get a free trial of this via mobile. It doesn't let me.
    09-20-09 04:27 PM
    How do u get a free trial of this via mobile. It doesn't let me.
    QL doesn't offer a free trial. Believe me, you will not regret paying for it. It's a huge time saver.
    09-20-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD