So I recently setup my google voice account and been using it for past few days. Everything works great....voice mail, dialing out/receiving calls, sending/receiveing SMS..etc. It's like having 2 line on my tour.

My question is.. when using SMS thru google, does it count towards your SMS or is it just part of your data (llike BBM)???
    07-26-09 11:45 AM
    Good question...I'm interested to know as well.

I'm still uncertain if Google Voice is going to be useful for me (though I think the voicemail feature is cool).
    What features have you been using that would be good for an average (non-business) user to utilize?
    07-26-09 12:10 PM
    Using sms through google voice does not use carrier sms. However if you have notifications turned on to let you know that you have a new sms it will.

If you search the forums you will see many other google voice threads asking the same question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 12:12 PM
    Do you like how GV opens automatically when your BB starts?
    07-26-09 12:16 PM
    FYI, if you don't have your GV number on a MyFav5 or a free call list...Google Voice will eat up your M2M minutes.

So even if you call your buddy in network with GV, it will kill your minutes. Thus, it became a useless service for me.
    07-26-09 12:57 PM
    It counts towards your data when you send and receive using the google app. Obviously, if you reply to the text that is sent to your phone using the phone's UI, you are charged. Luckily, I have unlimited text and internet, so I am not worried about either.
    07-26-09 01:11 PM
    FYI, if you don't have your GV number on a MyFav5 or a free call list...Google Voice will eat up your M2M minutes.

So even if you call your buddy in network with GV, it will kill your minutes. Thus, it became a useless service for me.
    So why don't you put it on your Fav5? Your google voice number, and the callback number. The service is made for business people who only wish to give people their business number, and not their cell number. Great service to have, especially with the Tour, a BUSINESS phone.
    07-26-09 01:13 PM
    What features have you been using that would be good for an average (non-business) user to utilize?
    I have it ring both my mobile and home phones at the same time. I get spotty reception in the house so it allows me the choice of which phone to pick up. If the voicemail could receive faxes (and if I could send them as PDF attachments) it would be a near-perfect solution for me. Another great option would be to allow swapping your GV and mobile numbers - I'd rather not have to update my contact information to everyone since my mobile number has been the same for longer than I'd care to admit.

To the OP, it should only be received SMS messages that are counted so I've disabled SMS notification (email notification works just as well on a BB). As mentioned above, sending an SMS via Google Voice seems to just be regular data.
    07-26-09 01:19 PM
    So why don't you put it on your Fav5? Your google voice number, and the callback number. The service is made for business people who only wish to give people their business number, and not their cell number. Great service to have, especially with the Tour, a BUSINESS phone.
    Because I don't wanna pay another $15-20 extra to enable that on VZW, nor does everyone else have that feature. Plus, I'll wait till I can port my number in.

GV isn't just for business users, nor is it just made for them...
    07-26-09 01:23 PM
    I use google voice and I love. For all you players(male/female) out there you know what I mean. You can screen calls. Stop calls from ringing your phone. It takes "Booty calls" to a new level. Seriously it's a great service.

07-26-09 01:34 PM
    If I could port my number to GV, I'd be all over it. Until then, it has limited use to me.
    07-26-09 01:38 PM
    I use google voice and I love. For all you players(male/female) out there you know what I mean. You can screen calls. Stop calls from ringing your phone. It takes "Booty calls" to a new level. Seriously it's a great service.

Wow... I'm speechless.
    07-26-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD