I'm using Gmail as my email for my Facebook notifications to be sent to, and I just reset it up last night using the "How to get true IMAP Gmail on Blackberry guide", where you set it up using your own settings instead of using the pre-configured ones. Now my question is, how do I stop the Facebook emails from also going to my Gmail mailbox on my computer? I just want the notifications on my Blackberry, and not have to sort through 25 emails a day from Facebook, all of which I've already seen on my Facebook app on my blackberry. I went in to the Facebook settings on my Berry and unchecked the leave messages on mail server, but that didn't do anything. Any tips?
    07-23-09 12:02 PM
    turn off email notification in your facebook account setting within facebook
    07-23-09 12:21 PM
    Will doing this stop the notifications from coming to my phone though? I read that your email account on your phone has to be the one tied to your email address on Facebook, and it works by just turning the emails from Facebook into notifications on the app.
    07-23-09 12:25 PM
    i just went through the setup wizard in the facebook app...i don't get the e-mails i just get the notifications.......
    07-23-09 01:04 PM
    I hate getting the emails. I only need 1 notification through the facebook app, not a 2nd through email too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 01:15 PM
    i just went through the setup wizard in the facebook app...i don't get the e-mails i just get the notifications.......
    F

What settings did you choose when you set up Facebook on your phone, and what settings do you have set on your computer for Facebook?
    07-23-09 01:22 PM
    ummm...i'll have to look...i'll get back to this later... :/
    07-23-09 01:34 PM
    Alright, anyone else have any ideas?
    07-23-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD