Is there a way to stop it from alerting me with the "John also commented on Mark's Status" messages? They drive me nuts...Is there a way to get rid of that either within the app or within facebooks settings?
    07-05-09 08:54 PM
    I believe not to both questions. You cannot individually turn off the commented notifications for status' on blackberry without turning off all the notifications through the app. And as far as the website goes, I would love to know if there is a way because so far I have not found it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 10:01 PM
    try this,
    go on facebook (from your home computer or wherever, not your phone) and go to settings >> notifications. Uncheck whichever ones you don't want. If you don't want any, then uncheck all of them. Hopefully that should work. The only reason I think this would work is because in order to receive facebook notifications on my phone I had to check all of those on.
    07-05-09 10:25 PM
    try this,
    go on facebook (from your home computer or wherever, not your phone) and go to settings >> notifications. Uncheck whichever ones you don't want. If you don't want any, then uncheck all of them. Hopefully that should work. The only reason I think this would work is because in order to receive facebook notifications on my phone I had to check all of those on.
    I thought of that but the problem is there is no option (at least not that I see) for status notifications...
    07-05-09 10:52 PM
    How about under mobile texts, change which texts go to my phone, from everyone to only friends? Maybe that will work?
    07-06-09 02:42 PM
    Log in via PC, when your page loads, click on Settings in the right hand corner, then on Notifications, that's where you set up what you want to be notified for and what not. Whatever email account you use to login to Facebook with, needs to be on your device as well, it uses your email account to deliver the notifications..
    07-06-09 02:48 PM
    Yes I understand that. I am getting all of my notifications all too well.

My point is everytime someone comments on a status that I have commented on I get the "_______ has also commented on ________'s status" message which I could honestly care less about. I don't want to be notified when someone else comments on a status.

As I said before. There is no setting in the facebook settings menu to change anything having to do with status updates.
    07-07-09 04:55 PM
    Can you hide someone on your PC and they be hidden on your BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD