I'm a bit confused to why some contacts on my Bold have been update with facebook pics and info and some did not. I have the options set to update contact pictures with facebook pics but not all of the blackberry/facebook contacts got facebook pics.

Just wondering if there is a option or setting that needs to be change on the PC browser side to make this happen.
    06-08-09 06:26 PM
    Sometimes the name on your contacts list does not match up with that on facebook so it can't place their pictures to the name. Try naming all the contacts using their facebook name and that should fix within a couple of days.
    06-08-09 06:38 PM
    I had the same problem. Went in address book and updated name and email address to match facebook and then went to options and clicked update facebook contact and that worked for me. Picture showed up.
    06-08-09 10:38 PM
    You dont have to do all that. All you have to do is find the friend you want to link in facebook. click menu button then click connect to blackberry contact and then connect it to the name it is in your contacts. Pulls pic and info no prob.
    06-08-09 11:06 PM
    I have also found that if you already have a picture saved for that contact, Facebook doesn't automagically overwrite your picture.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 11:12 PM
    It did for me, anyone I manually connected their pic was replaced by facebook pic
    06-09-09 12:19 AM
    It also syncs via phone number, and any other relevant info it can fine. Some of my contacts on my bb have different facebook names, yet the app has found all of them, whether it be via matching emails, phone numbers, screennames etc...its just looking for some kind of matching data. The app uploads your contacts into fb, and cross-references the contact lists data with facebooks contact list data.

06-09-09 01:29 AM
    I think i may need to reinstall the app. Some contacts have some info pulled from facebook while still lacking the photo. Some contacts have facebook photos but missing the other info like occupation or facebook name. Strange stuff going on.
    06-10-09 03:33 AM
    Is there anyway to stop the Facebook app from updating pictures in my contact list. Sometimes I have pictures assigned to contacts that I like better than the one they are currently using in their Facebook profile and I don't want it updated. How can I lock in the picture I'm using so Facebook can't automatically update the picture unless I allow it to?
    06-29-09 09:44 PM
    Is there anyway to stop the Facebook app from updating pictures in my contact list. Sometimes I have pictures assigned to contacts that I like better than the one they are currently using in their Facebook profile and I don't want it updated. How can I lock in the picture I'm using so Facebook can't automatically update the picture unless I allow it to?
    I'd like to know this too!!
    07-13-09 01:57 PM
    The only way to do this currently is to turn off contact syncing.

07-13-09 03:25 PM
    I have a different FB name and photo on a name in my BB phone list.. I tried to edit to change it but it wont let me..What do i do to fix it?
    08-12-09 02:52 PM
    You can't...the facebook name pulls from facebook. If your friend changes their name on fb, then eventually when the fb app auto-syncs your contacts, it will update.

I have a different FB name and photo on a name in my BB phone list.. I tried to edit to change it but it wont let me..What do i do to fix it?
    08-12-09 03:37 PM
    I think I know how to do it. Open the Facebook Apps, then go to Friends, look for your friend's namem then open menu and Disconnect from Blackberry Contact.

Hope it works.
    08-30-09 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD