This isn't a memory leak per se, but I have noticed that my app memory has been slowly going down... more than I would think it should. I've installed, realized I didn't care for, and then uninstalled several apps, but each time I deleted an app, the memory didn't go back up to where it was before. Does this seam normal? It's to the point where I now only have about 10-11 MB of app memory right after a battery pull (luckily I don't seem to have any memory leaks, so it stays right around 9-10 MB the whole time). Before I installed 5.0.0.328 (which I'm really loving so far), I had a good several more apps than I do now and more app memory left (though it leaked away over time). Any ideas/suggestions? I'd like to have more memory back... After installing 5.0, getting all my settings how I wanted them, and installing the first round of apps that I knew I'd want (I've tried and deleted several since then, but the number of apps I've installed and kept since then is probably only 2-4), I had about 25 MB of app memory... So this drop down to about 10 is kinda disconcerting...
    11-09-09 08:36 AM
    I've noticed this before as well (on pretty much every OS version I've used) that uninstalling an app never fully reconciles all the memory it used to install it in the first place. Quite frustrating if you like "try out" lots of different things. From my experience, the only way to get it all back is to do a full OS reload.
    11-09-09 08:44 AM
    Try following the steps listed here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/

I understand you believe you don't have a "leak" but this helped me boot up with higher app memory than I had before so maybe it'll do the same for you.
    11-09-09 08:47 AM
    That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping there might be a way to resolve it without doing a full OS reinstall and having to redo all my settings and third party apps (even after the OS loads, it probably takes me a good hour or two to get everything on there how I want it). Oh well. I guess if I want to try out any new apps, now is the time to do it before I do this.
    11-09-09 09:37 AM
    When you do a backup it keeps most of your settings and 3rd party apps. I would recommend using Shrink-A-OS before reloading the OS.

If you need help, feel free to PM me.
    11-09-09 01:18 PM
    Honestly, i've done a wipe with BBSAK and a reinstall and while it does now load up with slightly more memory I still get pretty bad leaks and in the course of a day i'll be forced to do a battery pull b/c the app memory has gone below 8 mb.
    11-09-09 10:14 PM
    When you do a backup it keeps most of your settings and 3rd party apps.
    But if I backup and restore those things, is that also going to "restore" the lost memory? If I reinstall the OS and the just restore my settings and apps, will that still give me back my memory that I've lost in the process of installing and deleting apps? Or do I need to start with a clean slate?
    11-10-09 12:19 PM
    No, a backup just restores contacts, app data, texts, emails, etc.

The application memory comes from installing more and more apps. If you use Shrink-A-OS, you can shrink out a lot of programs that you don't need and gain a lot of extra memory.
    11-10-09 01:57 PM
    To be honest I no longer care about the OMFG APP MEMORY LOLZ micromanagement.

Adding all these new features has introduced hard-locking bugs, which our old faux-problem of app memory never had. That was just trying to make it faster.

Now we need it to just WORK RELIABLY again.
    11-10-09 03:11 PM
    Where is my app memory going, though, when I install an app and then uninstall it? It doesn't go back to what it was before, so that leads me to believe it's as simple as that...?
    11-10-09 03:11 PM
    I've really had little to no bugs since installing 5.0. The device is noticeably faster and more reliable. In fact, the only "bug" I've encountered is the whole "the USB device your phone is plugged into isn't strong enough to charge it" thing when plugged into a wall charger (which has been resolved for me by just doing a battery pull right before I plug it in at night... and now that MeterBerry has been updated, I'll try just resetting it that way). But as I have probably half or less the number of apps I had on it previously and yet less app memory than before 5.0 (excluding memory leaks I had to deal with with 4.7), I'd like to see if I can get back some of it for when I do find other apps I want.
    11-10-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD