I currently use the stock browser on my 9650, but it seem to take forever to load pages. I'm thinking about going with OPERA MINI. Is this a good idea, or is there something else I should use?

Appreciate all suggestions/advice.
    11-06-11 08:22 AM
    There is also Bolt.

Basically, they're both good browsers, most of the time a lot faster than the stock one. The differences between them is all user preference, so I suggest you try both and see what one you like best. I prefered OperaMini on my old Storms, but liked Bolt better on my 9650.

I did see that OperaMini was updated last week, so giving that a try first is a good idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 09:07 AM
    Thanks.... Will download OPERA MINI and give it a try.
    11-06-11 09:13 AM
    Opera Mini is a great choice! I use it all the time and never have problems with it. Here's a link just in case you didn't have it: m.opera.com/ it was updated to 6.5 too
    11-08-11 12:12 AM
    I have both Bolt and Opera Mini. Bolt starts much faster, so I use it to have a quick look at selected websites during coffee breaks, etc. Opera Mini is slow to start but renders pages better (in my opinion) so it's used for all serious browsing tasks.

The most annoying thing I find about Opera is search engine permanently linked to address bar. This makes entering a web address manually taking forever. With Bolt it's not an issue, you can edit any URL with the native BB text editor.
    Here is Bolt's home page:

http://www.boltbrowser.com/aindex

I'm actually surprised that so many users with BBs running OS 6 still look for a third party browser. I have an older device with OS 4.5 so I had no choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Kirkx; 11-08-11 at 10:46 AM.
    11-08-11 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD