when i connect to the page of bb app world, then i click "download"
    it shows me a notice - "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App Word."
    so what can i do? (maybe this is really a stupid question, but it's my first bb)
    thank you very much!
    02-01-10 07:15 AM
    I can't find my bbm, yet i can see my contacts through "messages"
    how i can i relocate it or better yet find it! :S
    02-01-10 07:30 AM
    when i connect to the page of bb app world, then i click "download"
    it shows me a notice - "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App Word."
    so what can i do? (maybe this is really a stupid question, but it's my first bb)
    thank you very much!
    AppWorld doesn't work in most of the world. Check to see if your country is on the list of supported countries.
    02-01-10 07:50 AM
    AppWorld doesn't work in most of the world. Check to see if your country is on the list of supported countries.
    As I know my country (Hong Kong) is on the list of supported. but i have no idea why i can't download, it keep showing "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App Word."
    02-01-10 09:49 AM
    Do you have the BIS plan?
    02-01-10 09:55 AM
    As I know my country (Hong Kong) is on the list of supported. but i have no idea why i can't download, it keep showing "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App Word."
    You need a BlackBerry data plan to use App World. Do you have one?
    02-01-10 09:57 AM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan to use App World. Do you have one?
    i have no idea what this is? or how to get one?
    sorry if this is a silly question, cos i have never had a BB phone before. any help much appreciated. thanks
    02-01-10 11:22 AM
    On your home screen, do you have a little BlackBerry icon next to where it says '3G'?
    02-01-10 12:26 PM
    On your home screen, do you have a little BlackBerry icon next to where it says '3G'?
    no, i dont have. ><
    02-01-10 10:30 PM
    You will need to get in touch with your povider on how to activate BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service)...You'll know when BIS is activated if your signal shows either GPRS, EDGE, 3G with BlackBerry icon. If it still shows gprs, edge, 3g or 3G without the BlackBerry icon, get hold of your provider again.
    02-02-10 05:10 AM
    You will need to get in touch with your povider on how to activate BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service)...You'll know when BIS is activated if your signal shows either GPRS, EDGE, 3G with BlackBerry icon. If it still shows gprs, edge, 3g or 3G without the BlackBerry icon, get hold of your provider again.
    can i do, without BIS?
    02-02-10 08:58 AM
    Yes,you can but then you have a dumb-phone,just a regular phone.Even when used over WiFi it's not much. There is no use of a Blackberry without a Blackberry service, BIS or BES.But how did you buy it?Didn't anyone explain this to you?
    02-02-10 09:26 AM
    Yes,you can but then you have a dumb-phone,just a regular phone.Even when used over WiFi it's not much. There is no use of a Blackberry without a Blackberry service, BIS or BES.But how did you buy it?Didn't anyone explain this to you?
    I see. Cos my sim card has carrier internet service, so I just guessed that, I can use BB without BIS.
    02-02-10 11:22 PM
    No,you can't,you have to use BIS, which will do exactly what your Internet connection does,just thru a BB server. It's more compressed data and also more expensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 01:04 AM
    No,you can't,you have to use BIS, which will do exactly what your Internet connection does,just thru a BB server. It's more compressed data and also more expensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dude, would you mind teaching me how to uninstall the OS and install the new OS on bold 9700? many thanks!!!
    02-03-10 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD