Okay so I'm sure everybody has noticed this. you install a new OS and boot up with a psychotically high number , within 3 weeks your boot up is at least 10 mb less. my question.. why? when I installed .151 , I had it shrunk and booted up with 47 MB (I have approx. 32 apps installed) Here we are a few weeks later and i boot up with 38MB. I figure it's because some apps (opera mini, bloomberg,facebook) cache info , so I went in deleted all the caches, un installed two or three programs that i never use and the result.....I booted up with less memory ! 36 MB! what gives, why does this happen and how do I go about getting the memory back up there?
    07-26-09 10:40 PM
    never really expereinced this. Others have reported this happening though. Not 10 megs difference that i recall
    07-26-09 10:56 PM
    seems to have happened to me with every single OS since i've owned the storm. Why yours still boots with the same amount even after 3-4 weeks?
    07-26-09 11:03 PM
    no, but i install and delete apps so i wouldnt expect it too
    07-26-09 11:13 PM
    Check your rms database file in status. This is where third party apps save their info. My file size is 1.3mb, but I know a lot of people have had this be 5-10mb. That could be where your application memory is going.
    07-26-09 11:34 PM
    Check your rms database file in status. This is where third party apps save their info. My file size is 1.3mb, but I know a lot of people have had this be 5-10mb. That could be where your application memory is going.
    not sure what you talking about, in status it's says signal,pin,file free,batterry, and then the imei numbers ...nothing that I see about rms
    07-26-09 11:41 PM
    I think I now know what your talking about. in status i clicked the BB button and checked databases. As you said for the whole thing it's 1.43MB so i don't think that's the problem.
    07-26-09 11:49 PM
    Ive never had this problem before on any current OS. 151 and 148 and even 5.0.0.140 seems to manage it better. I might drop by 5 or less but it goes back up by itself over the course of the day.
    07-26-09 11:56 PM
    I've been having this problem too. I installed .148 when the leak was first released and i think i booted up with like 52mb. but now i am booting up with 32 mb and i have to run quickpull every night because by the end of the day i am down to under 10mb.
    07-26-09 11:56 PM
    i'm the memory management magician....if you can't figure it out, email me

[email protected]
    07-27-09 12:33 AM
    I'm surprised not more people have had this problem or kn
    ow of a fix. Anyone ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 11:58 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...ml#post3042481

07-27-09 12:43 PM

Lonman- wasn't aware of this before. What does it mean? Mine is 5.2mb, and I also never have memory over 30 and only have 10 applications installed. Is there a way to get that 5.2 down to 1.3?
    07-27-09 01:04 PM
    Lonman- wasn't aware of this before. What does it mean? Mine is 5.2mb, and I also never have memory over 30 and only have 10 applications installed. Is there a way to get that 5.2 down to 1.3?
    how many SMS and emails do yo have stored? also how many contacts?
    07-27-09 01:31 PM
    Yes, you really shouldn't have this file over 2mb. Open up DM and connect your blackberry. In advanced options you can clean up this file. Just remember that by erasing this file you will lose the a lot of your third part application settings.

If your file is that large I would recommend cleaning it up as it could be corrupted and it only takes a few minutes to re-set up everything the way you like it.
    07-27-09 02:26 PM
    Yes, you really shouldn't have this file over 2mb. Open up DM and connect your blackberry. In advanced options you can clean up this file. Just remember that by erasing this file you will lose the a lot of your third part application settings.

If your file is that large I would recommend cleaning it up as it could be corrupted and it only takes a few minutes to re-set up everything the way you like it.
    what if mine is just 1.5 mb but yet I suffer from that 'leak'
    07-27-09 02:46 PM
    Im looking at status -> database sizes -> total size

Is that whats supposed to be below 1mb?

and ive had .151 since it came out and the most memory drop ive seen is -.5mb and it usualy jumps back up to -.3mb which is usually where it sits.
    07-27-09 03:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...ml#post3042481

and i'm unsubscribing since nobody knows how to read...so you're on your own.
    07-27-09 03:06 PM
    how many SMS and emails do yo have stored? also how many contacts?
    I have about a week's worth of SMS and maybe 150 contacts.
    07-27-09 05:23 PM

What sort of settings do you lose? (I am guessing you mean that, in QuickLaunch, for example- I will have to re-set up my whole list that QL uses?)
    07-27-09 05:25 PM
    and i'm unsubscribing since nobody knows how to read...so you're on your own.
    ive done that with a few threads. If people would just read and take the advice of others.
    07-27-09 06:20 PM
    What sort of settings do you lose? (I am guessing you mean that, in QuickLaunch, for example- I will have to re-set up my whole list that QL uses?)
    Well you can back up quicklaunch to your memory card, but you will lose other settings you have saved in third party apps. For example if you are using Poynt and have a favorite movie theater saved you will lose that.
    07-27-09 06:36 PM
    ive done that with a few threads. If people would just read and take the advice of others.
    I do listen, and take advice. I have read that thread before, but admittedly am not going to re-review 17 pages for fun. I just asked a simple question because a new concept for me (the RMS databases) was brought up. I don't actually have a "memory leak", but am always open to ideas that boost memory (and have yet to figure out how people boot up in the 40's).

I just wanted to clarify for those of us who DO appreciate the advice and DO listen.
    07-27-09 06:45 PM
    Well you can back up quicklaunch to your memory card, but you will lose other settings you have saved in third party apps. For example if you are using Poynt and have a favorite movie theater saved you will lose that.
    Cleared the file, and rebooted with .08. Thought that was great! Reopened apps and such, and am now back to 3.8.

Interesting.
    07-27-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD