The following was taken from Crucial's excellent 3rd party app backup instructions:

5) Search your computer Files & Folders and DEFINITELY make sure to search HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS for a folder with the same name as your PIN and a .alx file.

6) Move both the folder and .alx file to an easy a
    accessible place you remember.

My questionis this: the folder with the same name as my pin already contains within it a file with the name of my PIN.alx (i.e.: 123456.alx), so is there another .alx file I should be looking for?
    02-07-09 10:57 AM
    Or to find all alx files, in the Search function of Windows, type in *.alx
    02-07-09 10:59 AM
    I tried *.alx with no results.
    02-07-09 11:57 AM
    The following was taken from Crucial's excellent 3rd party app backup instructions:

5) Search your computer Files & Folders and DEFINITELY make sure to search HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS for a folder with the same name as your PIN and a .alx file.

6) Move both the folder and .alx file to an easy a
    accessible place you remember.

My questionis this: the folder with the same name as my pin already contains within it a file with the name of my PIN.alx (i.e.: 123456.alx), so is there another .alx file I should be looking for?
    No, that is the alx file that you need to reinstall the 3rd party apps. You just browse from DM to where you copied this folder and select the alx file to add the 3rd party apps to the app loader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 12:44 PM
    So the 4 KB .alx file located in the folder named with my PIN number is used to load all the 3rd party apps also located in the folder named with my PIN number?
    02-07-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD