After years of RIM devices and the frustration at the lack of apps, I surcome to the temptations on offer from iOS and switched to an iP but soon came back as the email experience is dreadful, not to mention the realisation that a pure touch screen experience was not for me. Pleased with the torch, keyboard a bit... hmmm but I love BB's for the email experiences. Do you guys think the RIM's future plans will drag them back to the top? New platform/ andriod app compatibility and email, that made it so dominant a few years back or is this a decline even RIM has not answer to? I will not buy another bb till QNX is on, as we have been shafted by RIM as previous devices cannot upgrade to blackberry 7, yet another ploy to sure up sales by giving no option besides buying a device with a dead end OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sterling_bandit; 05-07-11 at 03:10 PM.
    05-07-11 03:06 PM
    Do you guys think the RIM's future plans will drag them back to the top? ...
    Will Research in Motion ever dominate the markeplace like they once did? No, but I am confidant they will remain very profitable and will continue to be a major player.

is this a decline even RIM has not answer to? ...
    RIM said it now expects sales of its mobile devices to come in at the low end of its previous forecast of between 13.5 million and 14.5 million units. ...
    If you look at Research in Motions record, there is no decline. Every quarter has seen record shipment and profits. The record are smaller then in the past, but sales remain healthy World Wide.

previous devices cannot upgrade to blackberry 7 ...
    When Microsoft launched Windows XP back in '01, there was a similar whine about making the existing installed hardware base obsolute. The question should be, why would you consider installing software a generation ahead of the hardware?

05-07-11 04:20 PM
    After years of RIM devices and the frustration at the lack of apps, I surcome to the temptations on offer from iOS and switched to an iP but soon came back as the email experience is dreadful, not to mention the realisation that a pure touch screen experience was not for me.
    I agree with you in regards to the touch screen but disagree completely about the email. The iPhone has much better email support than a BIS BB and better in some respects than a BES BB. I am not sold on the UI.
    05-07-11 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD