It would be worth the money if u could post an ad from your BB.

Seriously, no posting possible with this app? It would barely be worth .99 without that feature!
    02-08-10 07:21 AM
    I have to laugh. If you don't want to pay for it, so be it. Do you think by making these posts that you will make the price come down? LOL ..... it's been out 3 days and already a significant number of people have bought it. If you can't afford the price move on. IMO, it's worth it. If you haven't used it, then you may not know the advantages to it.
    As far as the "normal person" not purchasing it, well, normal may be relative. But keep the cheap posts going, great advertisement for the product while being kept on top here, LOL!
    02-08-10 08:22 AM
    Charging for a portal to a for sale site?
    I'm sorry, did I move forward in time 20 years where the world has become 100% apathetic to anything? You can not charge for something like that. Completely unheard of... then on top of that, I have to load back into my BB another "app" (app-world) which consumes and wastes memory on my blackberry for what it does, just to be a able to download an "app" (if that's how you want to refer to it as), that is really just a fancy portal to a for sale site. Get real bro!
    I'm not trying to be mean, but you need to re-think your approach here.
    AND SHAME ON ANYONE who is willing to support such practices, by paying for it. We don't need folks justifying bad and greedy practices like this.

You're wrong.

Think of craigslist as a garage sale across town. Sure, you can drive there for free. Or you can pay $5 and take a helicopter.

This is a similar situation. Sure, craigslist is free, but viewing it on a blackberry sucks. Opera mini *used* to be great but wouldn't load images all the time. The native browser and opera mini 5 absolutely suck.

Will I pay $5? Not now, but when I can post ads and upload photos from my phone directly to craigslist through the app itself? Yeah, I would pay $5. Maybe even $10.
    02-08-10 08:30 AM
    I"m a single man and i often use the personals section. App does not allow within its email interface to attach photos or files. Bummer. $5 Wasted.
    02-08-10 08:47 AM
    Sorry But there is no way I would pay for an app that is basically a link to a Free Web site. SMH. EDL industries has a launcher for free that I have been using for quite some time now. Id rather use that for free. Same results.
    02-08-10 10:10 AM
    ya this is dumb. they could've made a killing off this app if they didnt charge an arm & a leg. man i cant wait to go android where this app is FREE!!!!!
    LOL @ "an arm & a leg"

app's like ebay and amazon are free because they all stand to make money when you use their service so it only makes sense to give you more ways to spend money with them. CL does not make any money when I buy or sell a car on there. Why don't some of you spend months on end developing a quality app, then just give it away to the world? Or have people tell you what you should charge, tell you what your time and effort is worth.
    02-08-10 10:33 AM
    LOL @ "an arm & a leg"

app's like ebay and amazon are free because they all stand to make money when you use their service so it only makes sense to give you more ways to spend money with them. CL does not make any money when I buy or sell a car on there. Why don't some of you spend months on end developing a quality app, then just give it away to the world? Or have people tell you what you should charge, tell you what your time and effort is worth.
    So if they want to make money charge for the website use. We are being charged a "convenience" fee when this app is purchased. IMO.
    02-08-10 11:03 AM
    Charging for a portal to a for sale site?
    I'm sorry, did I move forward in time 20 years where the world has become 100% apathetic to anything? You can not charge for something like that. Completely unheard of... then on top of that, I have to load back into my BB another "app" (app-world) which consumes and wastes memory on my blackberry for what it does, just to be a able to download an "app" (if that's how you want to refer to it as), that is really just a fancy portal to a for sale site. Get real bro!
    I'm not trying to be mean, but you need to re-think your approach here.
    AND SHAME ON ANYONE who is willing to support such practices, by paying for it. We don't need folks justifying bad and greedy practices like this.
    Standing Ovation. Bravo!!!!
    02-08-10 11:06 AM
    I'm not ashamed at all. Why would I be ashamed of supporting people or companies who are willing to develop for the Blackberry platform. IMO, SHAME ON YOU for not only NOT supporting these endeavors, but actually trying to ridicule the supporters and the developers. If you can't afford the software, look for a new platform ... i.e. Apple or Android. They have tons of free apps.
    02-08-10 01:22 PM
    I don't mind paying for apps, but I bought their Netflix app and it's really not very good.
    02-08-10 01:53 PM
    Here are some screenies for those interested. Whiners, go buy a penny gum;

02-08-10 01:55 PM
    i posted this on the blog.

i've been chatting back and for with the support guys, this is planned for an upcoming release. they'll have to tie it in with logging into the cl account to do so and are working on it from what i gather.
    According to you and the support guys (whoever you were chatting with), they're working on an upgrade which will allow posting onto Craigslist, right?

Do you know if they'll be charging for the upgrade or will it be a free upgrade? I was going to buy it but after reading this thread, found out that you cannot post ads on CL. If the upgrade will be free, I'm willing to buy it now but if it's going to carry an upgrade fee, I'll wait until the new version comes out.

If you're still chatting back and forth with the "support guys" can you ask them?
    02-08-10 02:19 PM
    They really screwed the pooch. They could have done it this way. Bring it all out at once, CL app with posting and all the bells/whistles. Charge 4.99 for the big daddy then a slimmed down version, just for viewing, for 1.99. Im very sure fewer people would have been bashing. Then sales would have been tripple. I would have bought it if they did this. Not using their heads. Im not going to buy it, not for 5 clams anyway.

Theres a short list, maybe 10, of apps/sites that should be coming on all platforms for mobile phones today anyway. This is one. eBay, all the social sites....you get the idea.....should be free if they want everyone to use them. I know, some are......can it.
    02-08-10 02:33 PM
    Subscribed. Hoping to see this get the posting feature and ability to choose which email account you reply from.
    02-10-10 11:56 AM
    When your time browsing costs more than what you pay, you will understand. Where not all in college here- time is money.

Nice quick ap, pics are not working that great but its being worked on.
    02-12-10 12:56 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD