Anyone successfully loaded and used PushLife on an 8330 running 4.5? The blog entry says devices have to be running 4.6 or higher but the PushLife website does not mention any OS requirements and states that it is compatible with the Curve 83xx series of devices. Does this mean it will work on OS 4.5?
    03-16-10 01:22 PM
    Push Life tech support emailed and stated it works down to OS 4.2.1
    03-16-10 01:41 PM
    I've been messing around with it a little bit, I must say it's pretty cool to sync your music collection flawlessly. (So far anyways.) I see they have a themes folder. I def will be changing the theme when more come out. (I currently don't like the UI)
    03-16-10 03:07 PM
    It didn't pick up all of my music when I scanned my phone??
    03-16-10 03:28 PM
    who recommends this app?
    03-16-10 03:32 PM
    How do you connect this to mac? It doesnt open no pop up on mine and im in mass storage mode
    03-16-10 03:45 PM
    It didn't pick up all of my music when I scanned my phone??
    It doesn't work that way. You have to sync your music from the PC using the PushLife program (it uses either iTunes or WMP). It doesn't
    include the songs that are already loaded onto your device. You need to put them into iTunes or Windows Media Player then sync and they will be able to be played in PushLife.

How do you connect this to mac? It doesnt open no pop up on mine and im in mass storage mode
    You'll need to open the .html file in the ROOT directory of your blackberry FROM YOUR PC. It should be named something like pushlife.html and it will have a link to download the program. I do see they offer mac support. PUSHLIFE <-- also watch the introductory video.
    Last edited by Seven.07; 03-16-10 at 04:01 PM.
    03-16-10 03:55 PM
    It works pretty well as a player, like it.

I sent them an email stating that album art embedded in the id3 tags doesn't display. They said it will be supported in a future version.

The song importing is really slow though.
    03-16-10 03:59 PM
    It works pretty well as a player, like it.

I sent them an email stating that album art embedded in the id3 tags doesn't display. They said it will be supported in a future version.

I really didn't notice, but testing it I only imported 1 album.
    03-16-10 04:01 PM
    It takes a matter of seconds per song, which is pretty slow if you have a high #.
    03-16-10 04:07 PM
    I really love the UI and it runs so nicely. Can't wait to get it home to sync more music (I ran the sync to get the tracks on my phone for a test).

I need to push this through iTunes to get all of my track info but so far I like it. This will replace some other media apps, for sure.
    03-16-10 04:30 PM
    [...]

I have 1165 songs on my sdcard and it seemed like ages on my 9700.

I timed the 8900 which took 20 minutes to scan the 649 songs from its sdcard.

It didn't even recognise the cover art JPGs I had in the various directories... Will continue to play with it tomorrow.

Edit : Forgot to mention that 1.5MB install is a bit much tho! Plus, approx 3-4% battery drain just scanning the music.
    Last edited by PDM; 03-16-10 at 05:26 PM.
    03-16-10 05:21 PM
    I think the 1.5mb is justified in the sense of how much they put in the app, the problem is they shouldn't have put so much in the app...

It has it's own twitter interface, it has the music store (which isn't useable in the beta), it has the wallpaper downloading/galleries, it has the ringtone management....

Imo they should strip it down a bit.
    -The wallpaper download/gallery and ringtone stuff is kinda pointless imo.
    -The music should could possibly be a separate install if people don't want to buy music through their app and just want the player.
    03-16-10 05:35 PM
    I dunno if its this player or what, but i use expensive headphones (in ear studio monitor ones)

And the music on this player sounds superior to the iphone! No distortion at loud volumes etc
    03-16-10 05:52 PM
    Anybody using this app also using 7digital? How does it compare to the 7digital media player...better or about the same?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 07:16 PM
    I can't get the thing to sync. It looks like a really cool app. I had it scan my device and it found the 800+ songs I had there. I could play those just fine (but with no bonus material).

Then I upgraded my WMP to the latest version and installed the PC-side program. When I plugged in it went through a whole scanning process then said it couldn't communicate to WMP. Now I have 15,000+ songs in WMP, so I don't know if that's the issue or what. But I never even get the option to transfer or sync anything.
    03-16-10 08:08 PM
    It's sorta hard to compare to 7digital since 7digital already went retail and this is beta though.

-The 7digital song import is way, way faster. About 1 second for 10 songs on 7digital, whereas that takes probably 30s+ on PushLife.
    -I think the PushLife UI looks better with the larger buttons and easier layout. The 7 digital buttons are microscopic which kinda sucks...
    -The other problem with 7digital is that it always starts using the network to load the latest content on the main page, which will drain the battery a bit and is unecessary if you are using it just for local playback.

I would probably end up using PushLife over 7digital as a player, just because I really don't like the 7digital UI (and I would imagine the import speed will be improved at some point)....
    Last edited by papped; 03-16-10 at 08:29 PM.
    03-16-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD