Most of us know that some of the different model BBs have the ability to geotag pictures. I think its a cool feature but fail to see where people take advantage of this. I have seen picasa albums that show geotags on a map, but where is this really useful? Is there a way to really utilize this feature on my BB?
    11-05-09 08:31 AM
    I just used geotagging this past weekend. My wife and I were out of state visiting friends. A buddy and I were out driving around and we came across a nice monument, so I took a picture. I showed it to my wife and as we were leaving the city she thought she would like to see it in person. Well I didn't really have any idea how to get to it, so I pulled out the blackberry, got to the picture of the monument and used the map it feature. Blackberry maps opened up and I just got directions to the site from our current location.
    11-05-09 09:35 AM
    thats great. im glad you were able to figure out how to map it on your at&t bold. i still havent figured that out
    11-05-09 01:53 PM
    Go to mobile.blackberry.com web site using your blackberry browser. Click on download blackberry maps. I have an icon and it all works just fine.
    11-05-09 02:03 PM
    Go to mobile.blackberry.com web site using your blackberry browser. Click on download blackberry maps. I have an icon and it all works just fine.
    Uh, I'll be.... it actually worked!

AT&T has neutered access to BB Maps, but somehow this very small d/l of Maps (lbs_ribbon 0.9) actually gives us a Maps icon that works.

Thanks,
    11-06-09 06:56 AM
    I just used geotagging this past weekend. My wife and I were out of state visiting friends. A buddy and I were out driving around and we came across a nice monument, so I took a picture. I showed it to my wife and as we were leaving the city she thought she would like to see it in person. Well I didn't really have any idea how to get to it, so I pulled out the blackberry, got to the picture of the monument and used the map it feature. Blackberry maps opened up and I just got directions to the site from our current location.
    Thanks. I did not realize that you could "backtrack" using a picture that had the geotag in it. I'm not sure I would use it often but it appears to be a nifty feature.
    11-06-09 10:34 AM
    I have the 8350i and it has geotagging, i have it enabled but do not see anything when i take pics. How do i pull up or see geotagging info to map it?
    11-06-09 08:08 PM
    itookthisonmyphone has a pretty cool geotagging feature
    11-08-09 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD