Hello all,

Quick question. If I purchase an app and then swap out my storm (my current is faulty and receiving a new one shortly) will any purchased apps (since certain ones seem to need a specific PIN plugged into it to work) cease to work? Can I swap the apps onto my new phone? I don't want to pay for a few good apps and then lose them.

Thanks!
    08-17-09 05:02 PM
    From my experience, if you buy them from the Crackberry.com App Store - there is a nice feature which allows you 1 pin-switch for 3rd party apps if you have to change your device for whatever reason (after that, for 2nd, 3rd, and so on device switches..you would have to contact the specific support team of the company that makes the software for a new pin)..You simple log into your account, click that you switched your device and enter your pin - and it will issue a new activation code for all pin-specific 3rd party apps that you have bought from there. I have several 3rd party apps and that worked for all of them when I had to replace my 8330..should work for you the same.

Hope that helps.
    08-17-09 05:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply, hope this is the case!
    08-17-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD