I assume the answer is somewhere here on the boards....but I couldnt come up with any good search terms to find it!

So my question is - If I buy software for my blackberry (i.e., a game) can I put that game on two different BBs - mine and my wife's?

What about if I put it on my BB and then I have to get a new BB in the future (broken, lost, upgrade, etc)? Is it one of those things where the purchase is good for the life of that particular BB and that is it?

Thanks
    01-15-09 12:55 PM
    It depends. I've seen some that will allow only one PIN per download, some with 2 or 3. I had to send one developer an email to get another registration number for a app I bought a while back for my older Pearl and install it on my Flip.
    01-15-09 12:58 PM
    It looks like there are options when you download the apps as well. Straight to the BB or to your computer...and then to the BB. Does that change things?
    01-15-09 02:20 PM
    Not at all. The straight to the BB is called OTA (Over The Air). Certain apps. can be installed OTA and some can't. But it doesn't relate to the PIN issue.
    01-15-09 02:24 PM
    Again, I think it depends. I have two games on mine where the unlock codes are based on your PIN, so even though you can download them to your PC and put them on as many BBs as you like, they will only unlock on the one. I also have BeeJive, which in the version I bought is PIN-specific. If a copy is on another PIN and tries to talk to their server it will be rejected unless that PIN is also on their blessed list.
    01-15-09 02:24 PM
    Most likely you can transfer the license to another BB, and get a new code, but the condition would be you stop using it on the old BB. If you want to use the APP on 2 different BBs, then you need 2 licenses. Like BB Bob said you would most likely need to contact the company.
    01-15-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD